SASS Wire Forum

Just about ready to brag on Ballistol

stepnmud#33546

Know some folks don't care for the stuff, but I've been happy with expected results. Usually clean guns a day or two after a cas match with Windex when using blackpowder loads and final clean/lube with straight Ballistol to be ready for next match. Anyhow have also used the Ballistol on leather boots,wood gun stocks and last year the clothes dryer starter making a strange squeeking/squalling noise and originally used WD40 to temporarly lubed the bad dryer bearing and then I found out that WD40 is Flameable when used on hot metal parts. :FlagAm: The WD40 would help the dryer for several days and have to hit it again.Then used the Ballistol on the dryer bearing and actually seemed to work for several months, but now dryer is making same squalling noise again and may be time for new dryer. Or try Ballistol again. Most recently had a small VORNADO fan in shop that stopped working and appearded to be very dirty and ready for trash can, but cleaning and lubing with the airesol spray Ballistol, it too is now working. Ballistol is also flameable.

I had an air compressor that was wanting to squeal. A touch of Ballistol and 3 months later we are still quiet.

Those dryer bearings carry a lot of load and some high temperature, too. I've found that once they start squeaking, they are headed south and any amount and type of lubing is just extending the inevitable. Get a new bearing. I didn't on the last dryer and it chewed a hole in the drum when the drum sagged and no one shut it down.

Besides, Ballistol says right on the can that it is not a lube that will protect longer than a couple of months. You don't want to be relubing that often on your dryer.

Good luck, GJ

Everything is Flammable if you add enough gas! :FlagAm::blink: (sorry, that is what the pyro voice in my head keeps telling me)

I do love Ballistol too, use it for everything.

Ha! That's funny!

Spittoon

I once used Balistol on a small block Chevy starter while rebuilding it. Cleaned it right up! Got it back together and before installing it, I hooked it to a battery charger to be sure it worked properly. FLAMABLE IS RIGHT! Small fire but very exciting!

Cash

Archived