SASS Wire Forum

Doc Disaster back surgery today

Pit Bull Tex

One of our Pards is have Back surgery today. Prayers up for him.

Prayers up for a good pard....hope all goes well for you doc.

KK

Prayers on the way for a successful procedure from Dakota Skipper & Prairie Dawg

Our prayers are with you, Pard. Take care of yourself.

Guest Henry Horns SASS #19579L

Prayers up Doc. You know the drill, remember to "Log Roll" and don't try to do too much, too soon. Just take your time and heal properly.

Henry & Hazel(who had a fusion in July)

Don't know what his surgery entailed, but hope it fixes him up and works well. I had back surgery on Aug 31, fusing the L4 and 5 lumbar vertabrae together, and I can truthfully say, it's done wonders for me. I couldn't walk more than a quarter mile, or stand for more than 15-20 minutes, before the surgery, without developing bad back, hip and leg pains, so bad I had to sit down. I walked 3 miles yesterday, with several good hills thrown in, sitting down to rest my back about 3-4 times, but with no hip or leg pain whatsoever. The Doc says eventually most all the pain remaining in my back should go away, but it takes a while. It's a different world and I hope it goes as well for him, but if it does, it's worth it. Tell him, good luck and follow the Docs orders.

Howdy Pards,

I am still in the hospital, but should be discharged tomorrow. I am doing very well, I walked this morning, have full ROM on my lower extremities, no temp or anything so I am a happy camper. The Doctor said I will be out of work for 6 weeks.

They did a disc decompression on L-5/S1 the nerve pain associated with the injury had become to much to deal with, I hope this helps significantly.

Thanks again for the Prayers.

Doc

Howdy Pards,

I am still in the hospital, but should be discharged tomorrow. I am doing very well, I walked this morning, have full ROM on my lower extremities, no temp or anything so I am a happy camper. The Doctor said I will be out of work for 6 weeks.

They did a disc decompression on L-5/S1 the nerve pain associated with the injury had become to much to deal with, I hope this helps significantly.

Thanks again for the Prayers.

Doc

I gots Vicodine Doc :P

Doc, take it slow and follow the other Doctors instructions.

Prayers coming at ya Doc.

Quick Draw Grandpaw

Got discharged this morning and am at home now. This is going to be an interesting next 6 weeks....

Thanks For the well wishes Pards.

Doc

You will just have to leave that Leather and those Slides alone for awhile Doc.

Everytime I see one of mine, I think of You.

Lone Rider

You will just have to leave that Leather and those Slides alone for awhile Doc.

Everytime I see one of mine, I think of You.

Lone Rider

You have been keeping me quite busy :FlagAm:

I actually have a project I have to finish up and get out next week..... ;)

Doc

You better take it easy for a while Doc. Give your mom a hug from the old Pit Bull, Prayers still up for her.

You have been keeping me quite busy :D

I actually have a project I have to finish up and get out next week..... B)

Doc

I'll let ya rest a spell Doc BUT i has been thinkin bout a couple things :FlagAm:

Take care 'n rest up Doc ;)

Take it as easy as the Doc's say. And do whatever therapy really well.

And we'll keep praying for you!

I plan to take it easy, and am going to take this opportunity to clean out a bunch of closets so keep an eye on the classifieds.

Thanks Pards,

Archived