SASS Wire Forum

God is God...

Ok. Here goes. Y'all know how bad I had it as a kid livin on da res. Yeah, I knew I had it bad, but not as bad as others. Fast forward a few years. I was a hell rasier, I drank too much too often, messed around wif women...all dem things ya aint supposed to do. Now, fast forward a couple more years....Southeast Asia, FireCamp 1-7 Mike....fire fight fer 3 days and nights.... I was manin' da "Saw", 50 cal over my left shoulder, up a little hill. I was firin away, scared like nobody's bussiness. Felt somethin' warm sprayin' on me. Da new guy on my rat, well, half his chest and up was gone. My best friend on my left made a "Ahhh" noise and I saw a bullet hole in his head.

I remember cryin' out, lookin' up to da heavens and screamin, "God, please get me home !! Oh, PLEASE GET ME HOME !!" Now death has a smell, a taste, a sound, a feelin' and when it tugs at yur elbow, you will do anythin' to escape it. Well God did get me home. I could not stand to be wif anyone, so I took to truckin' all over da counrty. Den one day, sittin' at a picnic table in Demming, NM, da Lord reminded me of our bargain. Da Lord kept his end, will I now keep mine ? I cryed slowly, took my cowboy hat off, knelt down at dat table, and a bench fer a alter, I ask da Lord to come into my life. Dat was back in 18, I mean 1981 !! :angry:

Ah... Apaches.. thanks so much for all you did to protect us here in the good Ole USA... I appreciate it , and millions do.... As for you and God, well ya know God loves us all, he really does. We all get gifts from him, but they are all different. Your gift is vision.. you saw there was more to life than the past, and you moved past it.. a very brave thing, and God has to love you a lot to give you that gift... And being multi cultural with multi faith you have a vision in life that keeps you going like I do. You know that it will all work out.. you know God loves ya, you know people that count love ya.. and you know that what you did overseas was powerful in any language and any culture. What you and I share is a deep heart .... while it causes pain, it also causes such deep joy!! The pain we can hide, the joy we can not because it is our faith. Deja.

Archived