SASS Wire Forum

God is God...

<update 1/11/11>

Well, the second round of interviews must have gone well because they called yesterday with an offer.

I want to thank all of you for your prayers and encouragement through this time. But more than that, thank you the One who loves us enough that He won't give us what we want, but rather leads us to what we need and what He wants for us.

"God causes all things to work for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28.

I am humbled and grateful....

<end of update>

<update 12/9/10>

The first interview went EXTREMELY well! I've already been told that I'll be invited back for the second round of face-to-face meetings. They also suggested a few other roles they wanted me to apply for within their company.

Thank you all for your prayers, and thank You to the One who answers.

<end of update>

A few months ago I asked the Wire to pray about a job I was interviewing for. Now I've been hanging around with God long enough to know that He's not a sugar daddy. He's not here to give us everything we ask for, especially if He knows there's something better coming down the road. We may not see it at times, but I've grown to the point that I can trust that He's bigger than me and I just need to have some trust that He really is looking out for me, even if I don't see it right away.

Well, it's been a long sequence of events since that door closed a few months ago. Yep, the job change didn't happen. But it seems like another door has opened. I won't lie that I'm almost giddy about it. My wife is too in that weird sort of way when you just have to go, "I can't believe this might be happening to us." I am still respectful of my Father and trusting that He knows what's really right for me and Susan.

If tomorrow's interview is right, I pray that things will go well and proceed in an encouraging manner.

If it's not right, I hope the door shuts fast and that we both have peace about it.

God is God, and He's smarter than I am.

A few months ago I asked the Wire to pray about a job I was interviewing for. Now I've been hanging around with God long enough to know that He's not a sugar daddy. He's not here to give us everything we ask for, especially if He knows there's something better coming down the road. We may not see it at times, but I've grown to the point that I can trust that He's bigger than me and I just need to have some trust that He really is looking out for me, even if I don't see it right away.

Well, it's been a long sequence of events since that door closed a few months ago. Yep, the job change didn't happen. But it seems like another door has opened. I won't lie that I'm almost giddy about it. My wife is too in that weird sort of way when you just have to go, "I can't believe this might be happening to us." I am still respectful of my Father and trusting that He knows what's really right for me and Susan.

If tomorrow's interview is right, I pray that things will go well and proceed in an encouraging manner.

If it's not right, I hope the door shuts fast and that we both have peace about it.

Thy will be done . . . . not MY will, Thy will . ..

Best wishes pard!

SC

You have the best attitude... what fun your posts are to read! I have been though a lot of ups and downs in my life, at some times I wonder... "how did I get there"... and it comes back to one thing... I force life instead of letting God's plan for me come to the forefront. I was still doing it off and on until the last few months after my less lesson in life, lol... my huge move and my plans for me ... which I found out I again was forcing life. So, I have let go, decided God knows what he wants me to do. I am a happy person, but I think for the first time in my life I am relaxed now too with what is around the corner for me. I have a job, a home, friends, family.. and the rest is up to God... course I have to walk his way.. lol.. I know God will give you exactly what you need... And you do live right!!!!!!!!!

God's track record is truly 100% with prayer - although it may not align with our mortal thinking - meaning His answer isn't always what we want, but more likely what we need. His timing, not ours.

Prayers up for ya!

GG ~ :D

Charlie, good to hear from a man who walks by faith and not by sight. May you get exactly what God wants for you.

1 Corinthians 2:9 (KJV)

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Footnote: Isaiah 64:4

Charlie, good to hear from a man who walks by faith and not by sight. May you get exactly what God wants for you.

1 Corinthians 2:9 (KJV)

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Footnote: Isaiah 64:4

Amen Brother!! May God shower His blessings upon you and us all.

• 1 month later...

Charley, I learned this year that sometimes having a great heart makes you an easy target. What I thought was the right path and voice to follow turned out to lead me into a huge mess a year ago.. and I am still willing to travel that path sometimes.

Nah. its not drugs, or booze.. my addiction is to want to help people, and love people and believe the whole human population can be saved.. lol.. tonight I have boxed up photos, memories things I still had on my wall thinking that the past might come back and be so much better... lol.. but tonight I know it will not change, some people can not change no matter what you do for them, or give them.

Most of my life has been pretty simple, just worked hard.. the personal side of my life has faced death, pain, and finally a total wreck.. In the face of it all.. God gave me friends, family and his power to keep going and keep laughing...

So, 2011 is the new year and my year to listen to God and take life a bit slower. I am not going to think that everyone can be saved or even wants too. Instead I am going to spend 2011 finding people of great faith instead of those who doubt ... I can not change them.

So.. if you get the job or not does not matter Charley, nor does it matter if I meet the man of my dreams for my future.. What matters Charleys is we have friends, and family and God in our lives.. and nothing can take that away, nor can it be any better than that... I enjoy your posts, and I love the way you speak of your family... warms my heart that people like you exists.. it really does.. and without ever meeting you I can honestly say I love you and your wife and family just because you speak from your hearts and your real..... thanks for that... and I do wish you so much success in your life... I picked up the phone tonight and called my Dad, the one man who is brutally honest with me, but still loves me.. lol cuz I am his little girl.. and he told me what I knew tonight to be true.. He will love me even after he is gone... pretty cool, huh? So, there he is, my man in my life, and I know I can trust him with my heart. Now, all I need is a bigger box.. cuz those photos are coming down, and I am moving to the next chapter in my life where God is the center point ... and I am really excited about it. Deja.

Charley, I learned this year that sometimes having a great heart makes you an easy target. What I thought was the right path and voice to follow turned out to lead me into a huge mess a year ago.. and I am still willing to travel that path sometimes.

Nah. its not drugs, or booze.. my addiction is to want to help people, and love people and believe the whole human population can be saved.. lol.. tonight I have boxed up photos, memories things I still had on my wall thinking that the past might come back and be so much better... lol.. but tonight I know it will not change, some people can not change no matter what you do for them, or give them.

Most of my life has been pretty simple, just worked hard.. the personal side of my life has faced death, pain, and finally a total wreck.. In the face of it all.. God gave me friends, family and his power to keep going and keep laughing...

So, 2011 is the new year and my year to listen to God and take life a bit slower. I am not going to think that everyone can be saved or even wants too. Instead I am going to spend 2011 finding people of great faith instead of those who doubt ... I can not change them.

So.. if you get the job or not does not matter Charley, nor does it matter if I meet the man of my dreams for my future.. What matters Charleys is we have friends, and family and God in our lives.. and nothing can take that away, nor can it be any better than that... I enjoy your posts, and I love the way you speak of your family... warms my heart that people like you exists.. it really does.. and without ever meeting you I can honestly say I love you and your wife and family just because you speak from your hearts and your real..... thanks for that... and I do wish you so much success in your life... I picked up the phone tonight and called my Dad, the one man who is brutally honest with me, but still loves me.. lol cuz I am his little girl.. and he told me what I knew tonight to be true.. He will love me even after he is gone... pretty cool, huh? So, there he is, my man in my life, and I know I can trust him with my heart. Now, all I need is a bigger box.. cuz those photos are coming down, and I am moving to the next chapter in my life where God is the center point ... and I am really excited about it. Deja.

I like yer way of thinking Deja Darlin.

Hang in there Charlie..."Faith" is the key word, mustard seed or not, You can move mountains.

MS

I like yer way of thinking Deja Darlin.

Hang in there Charlie..."Faith" is the key word, mustard seed or not, You can move mountains.

MS

Thanks... Cuzin Slickees... God pulls me closing with each passing day.. You know I am really glad he has a sense of humor, or he would have kicked me to the curb so long ago.. lol

He picked me up on my way down :)

Ya know slickees I lead a very clean life.. Never much to drink or get into trouble.. I was a good kid.. But I have one weakness in life... So, tonight it is in a box and by this weekend it will be either shipped or in the trash.,. it is over with.. and I am moving on now. It took me a long time to say those words really. The board has been a place to make friends with common morals.. and it has helped me a great deal to move past this.

I kept thinking the wave of a magic wand would fix it all.. lol.. The truth is I need to simply move on, how easy is that? Geesh... It will not change me much cuz I am what I am ... but I am learning to ask those who know danger better than I do before I embark on it.. lol.. And I told the guy at work I am not interested for the 10t time now and he has listened now!!! Cuz I am now only interested in God and his plan for me... And suddnely the plan is endless...

I can do anything go anywhere.. and be what I want to be... It took me a lifetime of being humble to realize that when God wanted us to be humble he did not mean for us to lay down in the center of the road and let the trucks drive over us. He meant.. be humble in who you are and your relationship with God... and I am. I know now he is in my life.... and what I wanted is stupid.. yikes.. that sounds so bad.. lol.. But true. I am a pretty simple person, I want a simple life, with God in it... I don't want the big house, the antique or fancy stuff... but I do want an honest hard working life ... working hard for God that is.. so hey.. maybe a nun? lol.. Just kidding.. but in the service to God might be my direction, I guess he will tell me.. huh?

Too many people are wrapped up in STUFF.. nowdays... Not my interest and I am tired of it all.

Ya know slickees I lead a very clean life.. Never much to drink or get into trouble.. I was a good kid.. But I have one weakness in life... So, tonight it is in a box and by this weekend it will be either shipped or in the trash.,. it is over with.. and I am moving on now. It took me a long time to say those words really. The board has been a place to make friends with common morals.. and it has helped me a great deal to move past this.

I kept thinking the wave of a magic wand would fix it all.. lol.. The truth is I need to simply move on, how easy is that? Geesh... It will not change me much cuz I am what I am ... but I am learning to ask those who know danger better than I do before I embark on it.. lol.. And I told the guy at work I am not interested for the 10t time now and he has listened now!!! Cuz I am now only interested in God and his plan for me... And suddnely the plan is endless...

I can do anything go anywhere.. and be what I want to be... It took me a lifetime of being humble to realize that when God wanted us to be humble he did not mean for us to lay down in the center of the road and let the trucks drive over us. He meant.. be humble in who you are and your relationship with God... and I am. I know now he is in my life.... and what I wanted is stupid.. yikes.. that sounds so bad.. lol.. But true. I am a pretty simple person, I want a simple life, with God in it... I don't want the big house, the antique or fancy stuff... but I do want an honest hard working life ... working hard for God that is.. so hey.. maybe a nun? lol.. Just kidding.. but in the service to God might be my direction, I guess he will tell me.. huh?

Too many people are wrapped up in STUFF.. nowdays... Not my interest and I am tired of it all.

Box it up and ship it out, dunt ferget to wright yerself a letter and bury it.

I found many years ago the roots of my faith and culture, not bad I might say. I kinda like it.

MS

Box it up and ship it out, dunt ferget to wright yerself a letter and bury it.

I found many years ago the roots of my faith and culture, not bad I might say. I kinda like it.

MS

I have it in a box.. and I am flicking my bic.. lol

Learn to spell Deja, not like me, kant spell werth a darn...dysliskeah and down write left handed with the shakes.

I still have my old Art Linkletter Papermate :)

Now how old is that?

I dont' know how old that is? I can spell.. I just hate to take the time.. At work I have too Slickees... At work I have to live up to so many expections.. that in my personal life I refuse to do it. I have to have a brain rest... that is why I simply run off at the mouth on here.. lol. At a young age I was told my IQ was high.. 138... and I refused to use it.. my heart rules my life... so on here I simply go nuts.. lol.. and I love it.. loll. is that okay?

I dont' know how old that is? I can spell.. I just hate to take the time.. At work I have too Slickees... At work I have to live up to so many expections.. that in my personal life I refuse to do it. I have to have a brain rest... that is why I simply run off at the mouth on here.. lol. At a young age I was told my IQ was high.. 138... and I refused to use it.. my heart rules my life... so on here I simply go nuts.. lol.. and I love it.. loll. is that okay?

Roll on LOL's roll on

I refuse to grow up, I love to make people laugh, makes us all feel better. If you cant laugh at my Wild West Shows..I did sumtin wrong.

Sometimes I make people cry...thats good too. "Cry Happy"

Roll on LOL's roll on

I refuse to grow up, I love to make people laugh, makes us all feel better. If you cant laugh at my Wild West Shows..I did sumtin wrong.

Sometimes I make people cry...thats good too. "Cry Happy"

Exactly... Slickees... life if a lot of fun. I want to taste all of it.. You know my 2nd husband and I built homes that were 4000 sq feet and more and I live a pretty nice life, but worked realy hard.. Thats okay, cuz I loved him a lot. But the drinking and beatings kinda ruined it or I WOULD still be there. For now I don't care about Stuff.. I want a good life, but nothing fancy I am tired of those who want :"stuff".. all they care about is "stuff".. I want a simple life, but a real life.. I like my job and I like working.. but geesh.. I am simply not in to keeping up with the Jones... So, while I am young in heart and looks.. I am not in what I want.. I want to go to the simple life.. a life with love and fun... and to heck with all the :"stuff"... but guys are pretty caught up in stuff and not in the emotional side of things.. So, at least I know that.. and at least I can deal with it.. and I can say I am happy being alone and having just friends now.. I dont want all the stuff they want.. I dont want to pay for all that junk,.. I simply want to keep working and retire with the simpler life.. not all the crap.. hard to find those who have ambiton but are not so hooked on having "stuff"... Wanting all that stuff is the downfall.. of living.. there is little I can nto make that I want..

You deserve the best of the best Deja,, yer right on tract. Junk is just that, junk stuff.

I dunt wanna be rich,money has no love and cant hugg ya back and it makes some people ugly.

Slickees... I may have have just touched on what is so different about me and life ... truth and stuff.. lol. I am ready for life, not for stuff and lies..

Above all of these is "Love"...love makes a good life.

Slickess love.. lol.. okay that is for the TV crowd.. lol.

Oh, I'm enjoying the conversation for sure. I'm just wishing that Deja weren't on the other side of this continent. I think we'd have fun hanging out.

Well... Charlies, if I ever get to Ohio or you ever get to California we will simply look each other up and yep we will have fun hanging out.. lol. You and the wife come when it is warm and on a shooting weekend.. I will give you my guns and you can shoot it up here with The Cowboys.. lol...

Oh, I'm enjoying the conversation for sure. I'm just wishing that Deja weren't on the other side of this continent. I think we'd have fun hanging out.

Hey....Can any old injun jump in here ? :angry:

Hey....Can any old injun jump in here ? :angry:

Apaches we are blood.. so uh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! lol..

Ok. Here goes. Y'all know how bad I had it as a kid livin on da res. Yeah, I knew I had it bad, but not as bad as others. Fast forward a few years. I was a hell rasier, I drank too much too often, messed around wif women...all dem things ya aint supposed to do. Now, fast forward a couple more years....Southeast Asia, FireCamp 1-7 Mike....fire fight fer 3 days and nights.... I was manin' da "Saw", 50 cal over my left shoulder, up a little hill. I was firin away, scared like nobody's bussiness. Felt somethin' warm sprayin' on me. Da new guy on my rat, well, half his chest and up was gone. My best friend on my left made a "Ahhh" noise and I saw a bullet hole in his head.

I remember cryin' out, lookin' up to da heavens and screamin, "God, please get me home !! Oh, PLEASE GET ME HOME !!" Now death has a smell, a taste, a sound, a feelin' and when it tugs at yur elbow, you will do anythin' to escape it. Well God did get me home. I could not stand to be wif anyone, so I took to truckin' all over da counrty. Den one day, sittin' at a picnic table in Demming, NM, da Lord reminded me of our bargain. Da Lord kept his end, will I now keep mine ? I cryed slowly, took my cowboy hat off, knelt down at dat table, and a bench fer a alter, I ask da Lord to come into my life. Dat was back in 18, I mean 1981 !! :angry:

Archived