SASS Wire Forum

How to carry for Josey Wales match

Marshal Max Henry

I asked a leather maker about shoulder rigs for 2 pistols he said he had never seen anyone use it(Im thinking it breaks the muzzle sweep rules) so How does one hold 4 pistols without shoulder rigs? Are the 2 others always staged? I wanted so bad to be able to carry 2 shoulder holsters. I may still just for affect :FlagAm:

I've shot JW with 2 pistols staged (wearing pistol pistols & shotgun pistols)

I've shot it with 3 pistols staged (rifle pistols & shotgun pistol staged)

I've shot it where shooter could carry all 5 pistols.

Most places tho, only allow you to carry 2 pistols.

But even then, I wear 3 holsters, so I can go to & from stage without help.

--Dawg

I use a 2nd pair of holsters on my belt to carry the other pistols to and from the loading tables as well as were they are to be staged.

Here is how we did it at the 2010 Indiana Black Powder Match at Cutter's Raiders in Etna Green, Indiana.

Korupt Karl is in the PINK. Shore was a fun shoot, ......MAtch director was none other than the Sea Cow..Manatee.

For next year Kurupt Karl is the El-President-a of that shoot.

It'll be fun again I'm sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blood Washed

http://i459.photobucket.com/albums/qq315/l...r/BP2010006.jpg

Photo was by Montana Long Hair (FurrrrrrBalllll) I think his head was out of kilter that day, Huh!!!!!

I wear a double Huckleberry rig and my regular rig when shooting Josey Wales.

I have used the double Huckleberry with a crossdraw or a two strong side rig. If you position yourself correctly, with a little practice you do NOT break the 170 degree plane and it is possible to shoot both pistol and rifle strings gunfighter.

I don't shoot JW where this is not allowed, and I have no problem with places that don't allow it. I just think that staging the pistols is not the way our hero would have done it!! :FlagAm:

I only do it for fun anyway and so......

MMJ,

'Round here we stage the ''rifle'' pistols where the rifle would be. Like others have said I just slip a second set of holsters or gun buckets on my belt to move from the loading table to the line and then on to the unloading table. I once tried hanging gun buckets on leather suspenders, but that did not work well. Every time the suspenders would go slack the guns wanted to twist.

Hope this helps,

Smoke

Round here, we do use two extra holsters, just to transport the "rifle" handguns to be staged. Shotgun hand gun is just carried. There are a couple of fellas with double shoulder rigs to transport the "rifle" guns. I have yet to shoot where it was allowed to pull "rifle" guns from the leather. Twould be fun though!!

Coffinmaker

Archived