SASS Wire Forum

Navy retirement just around the corner next week

Pards,

I will be retiring next week the 17th of Dec 2010 with over 22.6 years of total faithful service to this great country of ours.

I hope to be back in Sass before EOT 2011 so I will need to start buying all my stuff again Ha Ha. I should have kept it all but need to pay off debt so it was stupid I know but oh well get to shop for new stuff anyway.

I start my new job Jan 3rd not much time off but oh well.

The next Fun thing is dealing with the VA for my diasbility claims meet with VA Doc next week

CYC

Left the Haze Gray and Underway on 12/31/88 (with 20 yrs and 2 days. paid for 22 yrs) and will be retiring from my retirement job (teaching math, physics and engineering) on 1/19/11. It's a whole nother world out here. Take some time to get use to it. Funniest thing I found was it felt kind of like a death and it takes a full 4 seasons to get truely settled. Heee Ha Cowboy. WW

Good luck on your transfer to the civilian working world. When I did it, I discovered two important differences:

1) The civilians have something called "overtime".

2) They don't like it when you blow things up.

Congratulations Shipmate!

I rolled over 21 this past August and will be hanging up my khaki's (if we still have them) May 2013!

Best of luck on the other side and may the grass be greener and the seas be calm.

Congratulations Matt;

If you or Patti have a chance to come and shoot, let me know and we'll wrestle up equipment and ammo. We'd like to see you again.

Goose

Goose,

Thank you for the invitation now that I wont be deploying anymore will take you up on your offer. I hope to have most of my stuff again hopefully before landrun but at least before EOT.

Matt

Good luck with the VA Doc. I just got a hot tip from a fellow VN guy. If you do not like the rating they give you, for goodness sake do not appeal that can be a 5 or 6 year process.

Gather up additional evidence and submit it as a request for reconsideration, which is more or less processed like a new claim

Pards,

I will be retiring next week the 17th of Dec 2010 with over 22.6 years of total faithful service to this great country of ours.

I hope to be back in Sass before EOT 2011 so I will need to start buying all my stuff again Ha Ha. I should have kept it all but need to pay off debt so it was stupid I know but oh well get to shop for new stuff anyway.

I start my new job Jan 3rd not much time off but oh well.

The next Fun thing is dealing with the VA for my diasbility claims meet with VA Doc next week

CYC

Chavezy . . . . yur spurs and canteen are waitin' for ya, . . . :P

Congrats Chavez, and thanks for your service. Will see you at Landrun.

Fingers (retired after 32 years of Fed service - Army & civilian) McGee

Guest Hoss Carpenter, SASS Life 7843

Congrats Chavez and thank you for your long service. I retired from the USAF in June 88, and in some ways, it seem just like 1988 !!

Good luck with the VA; have a lot of patience!

Hoss

• 3 months later...

Bout time you got your old a$$ out, so maybe some of them younger swabbies can get pro-moted...... :FlagAm:

Congrats Matt on your long service.... I'm next.

See ya at LandRun.

Nichols this is way late hopefully you did well at landrun. I hit a big time snag I did not start my new job on the 3rd of Jan I am just now starting it tommorrow 4-11 so I was not able to buy my stuff to shoot at landrun but working on it now.

CYC

Go Here, Chief. :FlagAm:

Congrats on your retirement! :D

missed you at landrun, the event was great...i won a stainless ruger vaquero in the drawing...hope to shoot with you at eot...we are already registered....hope your new job works out...roadrunner

Chavez,

Welcome to the Check-Of-The-Month (COM) club!

I did 28 & change, and to be honest, I LOVE this retirement stuff.

Can't tell you what to expect with the VA. Sometimes you get lucky

I guess. I got my determination after 3 1/2 months. Hopefully you're

in an area with a good VA hospital. The one here in Martinsburg VA

is pretty good and I'm happy with them. Also, if you do use the VA,

be sure to check into the Travel Pay program.

Nichols this is way late hopefully you did well at landrun. I hit a big time snag I did not start my new job on the 3rd of Jan I am just now starting it tommorrow 4-11 so I was not able to buy my stuff to shoot at landrun but working on it now.

CYC

Sure missed ya at Landrun, wish that was my only misses lol, good luck and keep in touch.

Congats.......Thank you for your service. Time to enjoy.

Knarley

Archived