SASS Wire Forum

For your Garmin or Tomtom

I checked out rleeermey.com and found:

NOW HEAR THIS!!!

Get your Gunny Ringtones & Garmin & TomTom Voice Skins NOW!!! Nothing beats having the Gunny give you driving directions or screaming at you when your phone rings! You think driving is tough now, wait till you make a wrong turn with the Gunny navigating your course. There's over 50 different phrases for your Garmin GPS. There's a G-Rated version for when the family and young children are in the vehicle and there is an R-Rated version when there's no tender ears around.

"Might not be a bad idea to make a U-turn Numbnuts"

"You are hopelessly lost Maggot"

ORDER YOUR RINGTONES NOW SWEETHEART!!!

I love my GPS... when I forget to charge my ear bud, and there is nothing on the radio I turn it one so I can have a nice voice talkingto me in the car as I drive. lol... Just kidding.. but I do love it cuz I don't get lost now days, and even when I take a wrong turn it has patience with me, asks me to make a U turn when it is safe to do so... lol... I wonder if they will come up with ringtones for my GPS that yells at ya so I can feel at home again? lol...

I think it would be awesome, and a break from the British sounding female voice I always hear on Mrs. Doc's TomTom. But I also think I would be laughing every time it went off. Might be a bit dangerous. It would still almost be worth sneaking it on, though, just to see her reaction.

I've got one voice that is even more grating, insulting, demeaning, and frankly terrifying: it's called The Wife.

I drove back from San Diego a couple years ago with both a Magellen and Garmin running at the same time. The Magellen didn't know where Orygun was on the way down so I replaced it. Had two women telling me where to go at the same time. Reminded me of married life. Oh, they didn't argue with one another, but they did not always agree on what streets I should take.

I think it would be awesome, and a break from the British sounding female voice I always hear on Mrs. Doc's TomTom. But I also think I would be laughing every time it went off. Might be a bit dangerous. It would still almost be worth sneaking it on, though, just to see her reaction.

You have to wonder how come a brit would know where I am when I don't? lol... The Magellon is a US voice... taunting.. loll

You have to wonder how come a brit would know where I am when I don't? lol... The Magellon is a US voice... taunting.. loll

We chuckle every time we are approaching the Interstate and our little Brit girl (our name for her is "Emma") tells us something like: "After two hundred yards, join the mota-way". :D

Ornery Cuss

Guest Henry Horns SASS #19579L

When we were going to buy our Garmin, Hazel :wacko: could not remember what the name for them was and she called it a Gerbil. The name stuck and has been "The Gerbil" ever since.

In my weird mind's eye, I see a Gerbil sitting behind the screen telling me where to go. Now with Gunny Ermy's voice, that could be FUNNY! :P:D

H

We chuckle every time we are approaching the Interstate and our little Brit girl (our name for her is "Emma") tells us something like: "After two hundred yards, join the mota-way". :D

Ornery Cuss

One of my friends has one that talks like that and it is funny... But mine still says stuff funny... when it asks you to stay on the existing freeway it says something that I can't understand.... mumbles kinda.. lol... I am sure it is saying stay left but it does not sound like that.. lol.

One of my friends has one that talks like that and it is funny... But mine still says stuff funny... when it asks you to stay on the existing freeway it says something that I can't understand.... mumbles kinda.. lol... I am sure it is saying stay left but it does not sound like that.. lol.

We are, for some reason, partial to the English accent, which, BTW, is difficult to do in print. I guess Emma's pronunciation of motorway would be more 'mote-uh-way'. Anyhow, it's ridiculous how much entertainment we get out of listening to the thing. Especially when she is chewing us out for deviating from the planned route. You can almost hear the frustration, and condescension, in her voice when she tells us to "turn left, then turn left" to get us to U-turn to get back to 'her' route.

Ornery Cuss

I've always wondered: If a man makes a left turn and there is no woman to see him do it, is he still wrong?

I have been taught that men are incapable of making a correct decision or taking any correct action.

Before marriage you got a chance once in a while. After, not a chance.

My Magellan lady is hot. No, really. She runs hot. She keeps telling me where to go, and I never go there.

I wonder what you are missing Badger. You might go see some time. Take Jack so you have an alibi.

I have been in cars that had them and concluded, "That voice would drive me nuts." (As if I'm not already nuts, but I digress.)

I have observed GPS units that were grossly out-dated for their geo information. (If you don't remember I worked in the realm of geospatial software, in fact, that's what my patent 7774381 pertains too, but that's another digression.) I later concluded, with no supporting evidence, that the out of date GPS units were probably "hot" (stolen) although maybe their owners were just too cheap to buy the upgrades.

I recently visited San Diego and I really missed having my Navigator on board (The Germinator was a Great Navigator without being a backseat driver.) I stopped on a pulloff of I-8 to get directions (yeah, I know, true California drivers would have kept driving while using their computers but I was not in the groove yet. Just being 8 feet out of the driving lane drove the navigating software nuts, it gave me up to 4 miles of navigating to get back onto I-8.

Maybe you have to understand geo software to realize how stupid all of this is/was but I thought it was hilarious at the time even though "wake up Numbnuts, you are hopelessly lost" might have been a reasonable response.

I like to have an idea of where I'm going from a map, and then use my Garmin Nuvi 1350 that we named Magel.

Magel doesn't always take us the most sensible route... so I take off my own way and hear reeecalculating alot.

Still nice to have when you are in unfamiliar territory, especially at night.

Guest Henry Horns SASS #19579L
I like to have an idea of where I'm going from a map, and then use my Garmin Nuvi 1350 that we named Magel.

Magel doesn't always take us the most sensible route... so I take off my own way and hear reeecalculating alot.

Still nice to have when you are in unfamiliar territory, especially at night.

I'd love to have Magel's voice on the Garmin. That would be REALLY Cool.... just like Star Trek.

H

Archived