SASS Wire Forum

“Classic Military” as a new category?

Captain Lee Bishop

What ever happened to unity and promoting shooting sports I wonder??? This stuff is what I was trying to avoid. From the viewpoint of an outsider looking in, you're doing more harm than good with this. I lost my job so I won't be playing anyhow, but if the job hadn't fallen through, I was already balking at joining up due to the divisive nature of things. I've been through this with Rev-War, F&I, Mountain Man, Civil war, and I don't think I want to see it again from inside another costume.

Too bad you all can't find a way to support each other instead of taking "I don't want them playing in my sandbox" stances. Credit to those who HAVE made those statements, and I hope you are heard. Hang together or hang seperately, united we stand, divided we fall. Where's my America gone to?

Adios.

Bodine

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What ever happened to unity and promoting shooting sports I wonder??? This stuff is what I was trying to avoid. From the viewpoint of an outsider looking in, you're doing more harm than good with this. I lost my job so I won't be playing anyhow, but if the job hadn't fallen through, I was already balking at joining up due to the divisive nature of things. I've been through this with Rev-War, F&I, Mountain Man, Civil war, and I don't think I want to see it again from inside another costume.

Too bad you all can't find a way to support each other instead of taking "I don't want them playing in my sandbox" stances. Credit to those who HAVE made those statements, and I hope you are heard. Hang together or hang seperately, united we stand, divided we fall. Where's my America gone to?

Adios.

Bodine

You have incorrectly assumed that the membership of SASS is comprised of bickering, contentious members based on what you see on The Wire. My club shot today and there were no arguments, name calling, insults or politics all day. Everybody had fun. That's the true nature of SASS. I wouldn't be a member if it was otherwise.

You should go to some shoots before making your mind up about us. The inclusion of new categories has been discussed here for years. You're only seeing a bit of it on this thread without getting the background..I wish you well in your search for employment. Maybe some time in the future you could take another looks at SASS.

Adios.

Bodine

Making judgements about a game without participating is...silly.

Have you ever been to an SASS awards ceremony?

Oy!

:FlagAm:

Wholeheartedly agree with Bob here. Just because each of us has an opinion (and the right to express it) doesn't mean we let it get in the way of going to the matches, supporting the sport, and having a good time with our fellow shooters - even those we disagree with on some point or other. Yes, I think SASS overdoes the award/category thing, but that doesn't stop me from attending matches because the matches are a HOOT. I just enjoy the match for what it's worth, have a laugh with my pards, and the stuff I don't agree with - ? - it gets a shrug of the shoulders and we move on!

The Wire is the place to hash all this stuff out so that it's done and forgotten and DOESN'T invade or ruin the enjoyment of the matches. ;)

Not makin' "trouble" today!

You have incorrectly assumed that the membership of SASS is comprised of bickering, contentious members based on what you see on The Wire. My club shot today and there were no arguments, name calling, insults or politics all day. Everybody had fun. That's the true nature of SASS. I wouldn't be a member if it was otherwise.

You should go to some shoots before making your mind up about us. The inclusion of new categories has been discussed here for years. You're only seeing a bit of it on this thread without getting the background..I wish you well in your search for employment. Maybe some time in the future you could take another looks at SASS.

I've been through this with Rev-War, F&I, Mountain Man, Civil war, and I don't think I want to see it again from inside another costume.

I also did re-enacting for years and am well aware of the friction and politics. Believe me when I say I have not seen that in SASS in the 10 years I've been involved.

Where's your America gone to?

I don't know but mine's at a SASS match. :D:FlagAm:

I lost my job so I won't be playing anyhow, but if the job hadn't fallen through, I was already balking at joining up due to the divisive nature of things.

Adios.

Bodine

Pard,

Your priorities are screwed big time. Hell, I just lost my job also and I am looking forward to getting back into SASS as a groundpounder as I have not be able to play for over three years due to the job I just lost.

Times are looking to get really tough at my house. My wife needs two surgeries, I am skipping a surgery I need and I am seriously considering letting the bank foreclose on our house. This means I am starting to sell stuff to pay the medical bills.

(hint, watch the classifieds).

We all of this going on some type of play time is going to be very important. While it is likely I will dispose of most of my guns I intend to hang onto a set that I can use both as a groundpounder and mounted shooter.

The SASS Wire does a great disservice as many of the posters like yourself do not participate in matches and form the wrong opinion.

Archived