SASS Wire Forum

December 7th

Blackwater 53393

On this day in 1941 we were attacked and pulled into World War II. This was a sneak attack by forces that at the time were in high level peace talks with our leaders.

:D We should pause to remember those who were lost and those who stood their ground to preserve our freedom. :D

B) The price of freedom is constant vigilance. :huh:

:D Say a prayer for those who stand watch today! :FlagAm:

May GOD bless them all.The ones that have gone for us, the ones that are here for us and the the ones that will go for us.

Good post BD.

My dad, who is still with us and just turned 85, was in WWII, US Navy.

He's still a good Patriot. He's still a good man. And he is still a good dad.

God bless those who still put their lives in harms way to help preserve our freedoms.

That not only includes our military men and women but LEO's across our land.

..........Widder

On this day 69 years ago, Pearl Harbor and the Pacific Fleet was seriously crippled by the sneak attack.........but they failed to get our Carriers or destroy our spirit.

Less than 4 years later the countries of the attackers and their allies lay in smoldering ruins along with many parts of Europe.

Wars are started by Governments, but fought by men.

We as a Nation and a People must maintain the vigilance to prevent such an act from happening again.

May the dead rest in peace.

May the past be assured that we are proud and thankful for their service.

May the present be blessed with a safe return to their families.

May the future have the fortitude to perform their duties in the spirit of those who have gone before them.

God bless the United States and all of our defenders of freedom and the American Way wherever they may be.

Cypress Sun aka Jeff Mann

:FlagAm:

Widder, thank your father for me.

My dad served in the Army Air Corps during WWII and in the U.S. Air Force during the Korean Conflict. He enlisted when he was 16 years old. I lost him in 2005. He would have been 82 this Nov. 19. I miss him. He was one of my heroes. :FlagAm:

Thanks for the post, BD. My father, King the Most, survived the Japanese bombing of Pearl Harbor at Hickam Field. Hickam is the US Air Force base across the harbor from the US Navy side.

He served in the Pacific for the duration of WWII. And then Korea, Vietnam and the Cold War. The ol' man retired in 1969 E-8 (29 1/2) 1910-2000.

A tough old sergeant to the end, I'm sure his most proud moment is after having fought the VA MED for 100% service related disability for 32 years, they finally granted it to him 6 months before he passed away at 90.

We Didn't Survive Pearl Harbor :FlagAm:

Well, it's not hardly as moving as listening T-Bone (and anybody else who will get on stage with him) closing down the night, but Lee Greenwood does a decent job on his song God Bless the USA.

"...I won't forget the men who died who gave that right to me." Nor will I forget the ones who survived. Thanks to all who have served our country...and been a part of giving us all our rights.

Guest Joe West, SASS#1532 L Regulator

Good post Blackwater!

One of my cousins was below deck writing a letter when the attack came. When he came too he was in the water. He lost his legs but kept his life and wasn't bitter. So in the end he won.

Joe

Auntie Emmy's uncle

Vernon Schmidt

is still on the Arizona.

The memorial reminds me that we can never take our service men and women for granted.

They are on the line and ALWAYS in harms way.

Coffee

Speaking of the Memorial I see today was the opening of the New Visitors Center Here http://www.khon2.com/content/news/developi...A.cspx?rss=2433 Thank God for all those who serve! Adios Sgt. Jake

Archived