SASS Wire Forum

Anyone use WT12 wads for CAS?

Bear Saint Paw

Howdy Pards,

Just trying to confirm if I can use the WT12 wads in place of the WAA12 wads for CAS use.

My friend included 1,000 of the WT12 when I bought the reloader from him (he used to shoot skeet and trap) and I would like to use them up with the Clay's powder I have.

I looked on the Hodgdon's site under Clay's powder and it only has the WAA12 (1-1/8oz) or WAA12SL (1oz.) listed.

I found this link in another thread and 2 guys say they are just a cheaper version of the WAA12 http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic....;t=238344buster but I would like confirmation from someone on here.

I tried a search for WT12 on here but only found the previously mentioned thread.

If they can be used in place of the WAA12, is it safe to load only 1oz. of shot or must I load 1-1/8oz.?

The Winchester site states under the WAA12 and the WT12, "For 1 to 1-5/8 ounce loads" so I would think I can.

Thanks.

Howdy Pards,

Just trying to confirm if I can use the WT12 wads in place of the WAA12 wads for CAS use.

My friend included 1,000 of the WT12 when I bought the reloader from him (he used to shoot skeet and trap) and I would like to use them up with the Clay's powder I have.

I looked on the Hodgdon's site under Clay's powder and it only has the WAA12 (1-1/8oz) or WAA12SL (1oz.) listed.

I found this link in another thread and 2 guys say they are just a cheaper version of the WAA12 http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic....;t=238344buster but I would like confirmation from someone on here.

I tried a search for WT12 on here but only found the previously mentioned thread.

If they can be used in place of the WAA12, is it safe to load only 1oz. of shot or must I load 1-1/8oz.?

The Winchester site states under the WAA12 and the WT12, "For 1 to 1-5/8 ounce loads" so I would think I can.

Thanks.

I use the Claybuster versions of both those wads. The WT12 version that I have is orange and the WAA12 version is white. The WAA12SL is pink and is not interchangeable without adjusting other loading components. The WT12 and WAA12 are physically identical. My loading manual says the WT12 is a cheaper version of the WAA12 but they cost the same around here. The WAA12SL is for 1 oz loads if you are looking for very light loads, the others I load with 1 1/8 oz.

If the crimp caves in either your wad height is to low or you are using to little shot or powder. How much wad pressure you use can affect your wad height as well so that would be a good place to check too. An important thing to remember with shot shells is very small variations in components can produce dramatic changes in output, sometimes way more than one would think so please be careful.

If components are as listed in the book and your reloader is properly set and the shells still don't look right, well at that point, it would be time to go back to the manual or have a friend come and check it out.

Good luck and happy shooting

Regards

:D

Gateway Kid

Guest diablo slim shootist

Some gamers are just too cheap to buy the right wads! with the mouse fart loads

you shoot you got nothing to worry about!!!HAHA :D

wad buster wads for 7/8 oz are what i use 500 for $10 bucks-ill buy you some

for Christmas!

Some gamers are just too cheap to buy the right wads! with the mouse fart loads

you shoot you got nothing to worry about!!!HAHA :D

wad buster wads for 7/8 oz are what i use 500 for $10 bucks-ill buy you some

for Christmas!

Whatchya talkin bout Willis??

Ahhhhh, who had to leave the stage a few times to clear their firearm of squibs last time we shot???? Hint: It wasn't me!! :D

and for the record I have been shooting nothing but factory AA or STS low noise, low recoil shells!

I think the smoke from all those birthday candles has gotten to you! B)

Guest diablo slim shootist
Whatchya talkin bout Willis??

Ahhhhh, who had to leave the stage a few times to clear their firearm of squibs last time we shot???? Hint: It wasn't me!! :D

and for the record I have been shooting nothing but factory AA or STS low noise, low recoil shells!

I think the smoke from all those birthday candles has gotten to you! B)

+1 :D

I have used 5K of these years ago. with load data for the WAA12.

Archived