SASS Wire Forum

Tin Star Christmas

paisano

Heard from some unhappy and disappointed shooters about this weekend. What happened?

Curious and curiouser. :blink:

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Over all, the shoot turned out good. I think most had a good time, Posse 4 did. The food was great.

We must remember that it takes a lot of work to put on a shoot, a the few very dedicated people did a lot of work.

All the great shoots have a LOT of volunteers. Our sport is ONLY what we make of it.

If for some reason you can not volunteer in some way, at least support the clubs and the dedicated people who put the matches on.

Ghost

(Who loves "Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl")

Over all, the shoot turned out good. I think most had a good time, Posse 4 did. The food was great.

We must remember that it takes a lot of work to put on a shoot, a the few very dedicated people did a lot of work.

All the great shoots have a LOT of volunteers. Our sport is ONLY what we make of it.

If for some reason you can not volunteer in some way, at least support the clubs and the dedicated people who put the matches on.

Ghost

(Who loves "Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl")

Posse 4 was fun.......I am a little disappointed that I didn't get recognized for shooting a clean match, but oh well.

Posse 4 was fun.......I am a little disappointed that I didn't get recognized for shooting a clean match, but oh well.

Hey Concho Billy :blink: Congratulations on shooting a clean match! ;) Really foks, the targets were not "big and close" and ya had to bear down.

Good shootin' with ya Billy. :FlagAm:

Ghost

I don't think they realize how many people were unhappy.

If you have an complaint please let them know so they will know how to fix it for next time.

And do it directly, not through the Wire.

Steeldust Dan

+1 Steeldust.

Ghost

I thought it was a good match. There was a barbecue contest Saturday and there was a lot of free food...that's right...free food... I might have been in the right place at the right time...right after the judges finished. Targets were for the most part difficult...some small...some far...some both...but they were the same for all. The Wild Bunch match and side matches on Friday were excellent. Two guns were given away at the awards.

Congratulations on a clean match Concho Billy.

Comp Lady, you missed a cold match at Bar-3 and a real chance to get in Top 10 on Sunday. In fact everyone was in Top Ten...all ten of us. ha.

CNH, get ready, the arena is built and T is itching to get rolling. Might add, as with most of Bones endeavors, the arena is top notch. Already talk of lights and bleachers.

For all CAC goers. Get ready for "The Greatest Show on Earth". Coming in November 2011.

Glad Tin Star is still having matches. Nice place to shoot for sure. Been there a time or two myself.

Comp Lady, you missed a cold match at Bar-3 and a real chance to get in Top 10 on Sunday. In fact everyone was in Top Ten...all ten of us. ha.

CNH, get ready, the arena is built and T is itching to get rolling. Might add, as with most of Bones endeavors, the arena is top notch. Already talk of lights and bleachers.

For all CAC goers. Get ready for "The Greatest Show on Earth". Coming in November 2011.

Glad Tin Star is still having matches. Nice place to shoot for sure. Been there a time or two myself.

Yep, I place 2nd overall!!! beat T-Bone and Billy!! :D

Had somethin' to do with BONUSES!!!

Ya see, we drew names to see who would make up the scenarios for each stage and some were a little different! But, on stage 1 you got a 5 second Bonus for each zero in your time! Stage 2 you got the Bonus for any 9's in your time ect thru stage 6. I got alot of bonuses :o

Sadly I don't think Billy got any bonuses :lol: And T-Bone forgot to load his pistols on one stage :unsure: But there was 17 shooters so not all finished in the top ten.

The venue is wonderful...but there were some issues.

If the folks want to know then I'm sure that the shooters would be glad to offer their suggestions if asked.

I'm sorry that I couldn't stick around after shooting Sunday...but I was lucky to just be able to shoot.

Cheers!

Phantom

:unsure:

Hey, who won?

More about Bar-3 weekend....as Sat turned out like Jack Houston day. Sunday was "Make the Top Ten" day...only 10 shooters. Jack, you might have made Top Ten Sunday and not even got a bonus. Maybe. I got me some of them bonuses Sunday and then there was those Merry Christmas gifts like "Reshoot its Christmas". Shot out of town stages and the Big Wagon was pretty chilly.

Back to Tin Star, give us update on winners Ghost. Very many shooters?

Greatest Show on Earth huh?

*groan*

Does that mean I'm gonna have to see all those guys in clown suits?

Y'all just don't know how tough this is gonna be for me.

I'm not afraid of snakes, spiders, bears....nope they are just doing what comes natural to them but clowns...

yuck!

ask most kids, they know clowns are evil

CL, picture this if you can, T-Bone in a red ringmasters suit, whip in hand. Yea, unfortunately there should be lots of clowns....but a circus for real is in the works. And, we got the arena to have it in. Already new plans for Miss Ann's Garden as more of a travel down range type of stage. We even gave the idea a bit of a try Sunday and it should work fine.

CL, picture this if you can, T-Bone in a red ringmasters suit, whip in hand. Yea, unfortunately there should be lots of clowns....but a circus for real is in the works. And, we got the arena to have it in. Already new plans for Miss Ann's Garden as more of a travel down range type of stage. We even gave the idea a bit of a try Sunday and it should work fine.

I guess I've got a few months to get used to the idea huh?

Ya'll done went and Hijacked a post. Clownin' around I guess. Tin Star is a great place to shoot and make movies or training videos for SASS. Ya'll help them out CL will keep them straight.

Paul, what was ????Show us that gesture with your hands again :DB) What was her name???? :D

There was some good times had by all. And yea,,,POSSE 4 ROCKED. 1st time to get to posse with Ghost and his birthday girl, Lady Ghost. The bar-b-q cook off was fun too. I got to be a judge for the brisket. Friday night shoot was a blast, someone ask Gunslinger what happened to his ear plug, and who was that cowboy with the cannon?????? :D

I think Ghost, Calvin, and Nichols Creek are right on target. It was a good shooting environment and it was all about having fun. Montana Hannah and I have been there four times in two years, and always have a good time and enjoy our friends, new and old.

Sure there were a few bumps, but pitching in and helping is the way to make that go smoother next time. We will be there next time and hope other shooters will too. All you have to do is meet Cherry and Jim (the Owners) and find out what great people they are. And it is the best looking Cowboy town I have ever seen.

Way to go Phantom. It went better than you thought.

Thank you to everyone, we always enjoy seeing our cowboy friends.

Johnny

Sure enjoyed shooting with...yer wife :D

We sure had fun...yea...we bitched a bit...but heck, sometimes that's just us lettin off a bit of steam.

I sure hope that the folks that put the shoot on will entertain some of the suggestions that were made and understand that the suggestions shouldn't be taken personally. That we all just want the shoot to get better each year and hopefully bring in more shooters.

Wish I coulda stayed longer...guess I could of...but getting home early on Sunday sure made my family happy.

Phantom

:D

I can say this although the shooting part may not have been what everyone likes and there were a few issues but I had a great time. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time! Saturday night was so fun!

I have some pictures of Nichols Creek and Jake Cutter that are just too funny!

Pantom we had a great time shootin with you and all our other friends on our posse.

Tin Star is an incredible venue.

Colt

Greatest Show on Earth huh?

*groan*

Does that mean I'm gonna have to see all those guys in clown suits?

Y'all just don't know how tough this is gonna be for me.

I'm not afraid of snakes, spiders, bears....nope they are just doing what comes natural to them but clowns...

yuck!

ask most kids, they know clowns are evil

Well, all I gotta said is, after buying my stretch raffle tickets from ya, Shotglass has some competition! :)

Ghost :FlagAm:

Hey, who won?

More about Bar-3 weekend....as Sat turned out like Jack Houston day. Sunday was "Make the Top Ten" day...only 10 shooters. Jack, you might have made Top Ten Sunday and not even got a bonus. Maybe. I got me some of them bonuses Sunday and then there was those Merry Christmas gifts like "Reshoot its Christmas". Shot out of town stages and the Big Wagon was pretty chilly.

Back to Tin Star, give us update on winners Ghost. Very many shooters?

Billy forgive my bad memory. But Dragon Hill Dave beat me again in "Classic Cowboy". Congratulations Dave!

I promise to do in 2011!!!!

Ghost

Well, all I gotta said is, after buying my stretch raffle tickets from ya, Shotglass has some competition! :)

Ghost :FlagAm:

Well Thank You Darlin'

You just made my day!

I will never be Shotglass but I did what I could to help them with the raffle.

Well,

That Injun Cherokee Jones and I sure had a good time. It was the first time I have shot the Ruger Old Armys two handed. Now that was fun fer sure. Might just have to try that again.

Not all shooters will be happy with the type or placement of targets. That's life in what we do.

There were changes made to the awards on Sun. after suggestions were made on Sat. night. That made a lot of folks happy on Sunday.

Ya hard to find a better and harder working owners than Cherry and Jim. They try very hard making sure you have a good time. You also have to remember that Jim has not been doing this as long as a lot of us. The range he has is a nice one to start with and it will keep getting better.

Wyandot

Well,

That Injun Cherokee Jones and I sure had a good time. It was the first time I have shot the Ruger Old Armys two handed. Now that was fun fer sure. Might just have to try that again.

Not all shooters will be happy with the type or placement of targets. That's life in what we do.

There were changes made to the awards on Sun. after suggestions were made on Sat. night. That made a lot of folks happy on Sunday.

Ya hard to find a better and harder working owners than Cherry and Jim. They try very hard making sure you have a good time. You also have to remember that Jim has not been doing this as long as a lot of us. The range he has is a nice one to start with and it will keep getting better.

Wyandot

You shot those Old Armys damn well!!!

One should never try and make everyone happy...can't be done. But you should have (in my opinion), a willingness to listen to suggestions and a willingness to adapt. Hopefully they will as I think it'll help make their events more successful.

And certainly no one should suggest that the folks didn't work hard...no matter the format, it's HARD to put on and run a match. However, I think (again, just my opinion), that those who run a match should not design it as THEY would like it, but rather how the majority of the SHOOTERS would like it. I've seen the former many times and the shoot ends up being nothing but a little private club match where everyone thinks the same way regarding stage designs.

It's a shame when some folks can't even think about attending because they just can't hit targets consistantly...whether because of lack of shooting experience or because of age...or ailments. Part of the "Fun" that so many folks talk about is hitting the targets!!

Phantom

:FlagAm:

And do it directly, not through the Wire.

Steeldust Dan

Well, thats the way I also believe, except as far as I know they never furnished a list of scores, the scores haven't been posted, and they apparently answer emails if'n they get a chance. If someone received a list of scores please let me know.

The scores were available in the Saloon at the end of the awards ceremony. Sorry I did not pick one up. I did hear said that they would be on the club website in a few days.

Thanks Nichols Creek........it was a blast.......maybe someone else picked one up and i can get a copy.

Hey Concho Billy :P Congratulations on shooting a clean match! :D Really folks, the targets were not "big and close" and ya had to bear down.

Good shootin' with ya Billy. :D

Ghost

Somebody shot a clean match? Dang that is really good! Pat yourself on the back pardner, because there weren't too many of those.

There were some issues with the Tin Star match, but I share Ghost's admonition that anyone who steps up to plan and execute a match deserves a lot of credit. Some constructive suggestions may be in order, but those are best forwarded in private to the match director as ideas for next time.

I would have loved to go to the Christmas match. I have been to the Resurrection twice and loved it. I am planning to go again next year.

There is suppose to be a new museum in town for the Rangers. Also you can bring your dogs to the patio at The Auschlander which is a ball. I am hoping next year to go see the Pacific War Museum too.

The scores were available in the Saloon at the end of the awards ceremony. Sorry I did not pick one up. I did hear said that they would be on the club website in a few days.

Hey Creek, good shootin' with ya....but please keep ya hat on ya head! :D

(Just joking) :D

Ghost

Archived