SASS Wire Forum

What's the call?

Possum Skinner, SASS#60697

MISS-5 sec :blink: aim higher

must engage far targets first?

could be a procedural and no miss!

Pard, read the post. It's a joke question. The first bullet shot hit the target second because the bullet was slow. It didn't miss.

75 yards is 225 ft. Lets say the shooter takes 0.5 seconds to cycle the action and hit the second target. That says for the bullet to still be in flight, the average flight velocity must be less than 450 ft/sec. Check his ammo for minimum velocity. A half second flight time requires the sights to be held 8 feet high. If he managed that and met the velocity minimum, no call.

Cheers,

BJT

75 yards is 225 ft. Lets say the shooter takes 0.5 seconds to cycle the action and hit the second target. That says for the bullet to still be in flight, the average flight velocity must be less than 450 ft/sec. Check his ammo for minimum velocity. A half second flight time requires the sights to be held 8 feet high. If he managed that and met the velocity minimum, no call.

Cheers,

BJT

You would also have to factor in the speed of sound for the report of the clang sound on the far target to travel back to the posse to figure out if he hit it at all vs hit it first/second order.

Good Morning All!!

Well let's see... ;) Thinkin' MDQ.. not meeting minimum FPS velocity of ammo..

and give him a "P" to follow that up for shooting out of order... :P errrr... uhhh.. maybe he did but give him a "P" anyhow.. :lol:

I think maybe a Spirit of the Game Penalty :o for not wearing the proper cowboy gear requirements..

(just read the how to keep warm on the range thread)

and for the sake of somethin' else.. eject him from the Range.. :( dang show off.. that's what he is.. shootin' too fast

Rance :FlagAm:

Thinkin' "No Call"

nice shootin' "Possum was that you shootin' that fast?"

Ya'll have a Merry Christmas... :blink:

Possum, This is a prime example of people not reading or taking time to think. It also shows how light the trigger finger pull is. . If they don't know your dry sense of humor which I think is great. I once posted about Evil Roy on the CAS forum and said he didn't know the correct words to describe his guns. Well if I had been by a tree and they had rope I would not be here now. My wife said now David those people think you are serious and don't know you are just making a joke. Well my fellow Louisiana pard, I got it from the start and was laughing before the finnish. By the way any call you make will be fair and I would shoot on your posse every chance I have. Take Care PS I know that shooter, I took a picture from behind him and you could see the bullet going to the target!!

YYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW!!!

Wish I was that fast!!

Mebbe Santy'll brang me summo' that speed fer Christmas! :unsure:

MERRY CHRISTMAS evabody!!

There is a difference between the target being hit and hearing the ding. A geat lesson for shooters and spotters both!

Very Best Regards,

BJT

.5 sec splits?! No thanks.

By the time the bullet, travelling at 750fps, hits the target, at 70yds., and the sound, traveling at approx 750fps, returns is about .5 sec. I don't wait to hear the ding.

Archived