SASS Wire Forum

Cattle Baron Class

I'd heard "Cattle Baron" was the category where you sign up as a competitor, but hire one of the younger, faassster shooters to do your steel killin' for ya.

...while the "CB" sits in the shade, enjoyin' a good cigar...and a cool beverage (non-alcoholic while on the range, of course).

:unsure:

Ummmmmm don't know Allie Mo i think PWB maybe on the money

i spose the fast shooter shoots in hired gun category

also guessing if yer a realy big CB you could have more hired guns takeing the best times from any of them for the riders for the brand ... maybe even the Avg of all the hired guns rideing under the brand

Ummmmmmmmmmm a hired gun shoot for a inter club shoot ..

being a lowly sheep herder i know nothing about CB's tho

I'd heard "Cattle Baron" was the category where you sign up as a competitor, but hire one of the younger, faassster shooters to do your steel killin' for ya.

...while the "CB" sits in the shade, enjoyin' a good cigar...and a cool beverage (non-alcoholic while on the range, of course).

:ph34r:

That may actually some merit as a fun, fund raiser. Top Gun shoots his category, then "Cattle Baron" as dictated by winning bid per stage. Be a absolute hoot to have the "Cattle Baron" as overall winner! :unsure::ph34r:

:ph34r:

That's the way that I do it but I have the "hired gun" dressed like me so that no one will know the difference.

Blackfoot :unsure:

The Robbers Roost Vigilantes offers a "Cattle Baron" category at its 2 annual shoots. We do this because we have several shooters over 75 from a couple of states that shoot with us. Just our way of doing things.

Just George

;)

Agreed, but with the additional requirement that the "Cattle Baron" (reckon we can't call him the "shooter" in this instance :D ) must actually own cattle.

H (waiting for it to warm up enough to go fix fence) B

;)

Love it.

Then we could have a "Hired Gun" category where these guys could compete to be hired by the "Cattle Baron".

'Course we would have to break up "Hired Gun" by sex, age, shooting style, dress, BP vs. smokeless, and so on.

Let's see now, that should give us upwards of 80 categories.

It' could work.

:blink:

LMBO........me signin up fer that un

Archived