SASS Wire Forum

Bout froze today...

Kid Doubleday

I built a new house 6 years ago. It's out in the boonies so I decided I needed some really warm cloths. I bought Carhart bibs and jacket. In 6 years, I've yet to find a day when I could wear them more than 30 minutes or so. Extremely warm.

Shearling...'nuff said.

The ones I googled were a little :FlagAm: expensive for me...pretty nice and warm looking coats though

KDD

I've been looking at those Outback Dusters. What's a reasonable price on those?

E-bay has a bunch of them for sale from $40 up. You want the "oilcloth" one.

Lets not get in a bidding war on ebay...if I know your ebay alias I will yield to you...mine is kid_doubleday5

Just a thought...

KDD :P

...get some advice on what you all wear to cold shoots ...Thanks for any ideas...

Some of these clothing and a two wheel card for the car battery.

Some of these clothing and a two wheel card for the car battery.

Very interesting...might tend to increase shooting times on the shoot and scoot stages :P

Great idea for a motorcycle rider...

Great idea for a motorcycle rider...

Yes they are.

I have the jacket liner, pants, & gloves from another label (Warm N' Safe) that I've been wearing for a couple years now.

Rode 250 miles this past Sunday evening/night, temp was 45°F the entire trip (just under 4 hours) according to the bikes thermometer.

Feet got a little chilly towards the end, so I rode over to Bass Pro in Mobile yesterday and picked up some new socks & sock liners.

Temp is supposed to be low 50's Friday afternoon when I head home again - will try out the new socks then.

:P ...a few weeks ago, I bought one of those "wool"(?) "Capote" long-coats advertised in "Sportsman's Guide". Probably not the prettiest thing around, but we shot our Ledyard (CT) Christmas match in 30 - 35 degree weather, with a bit o' wind. The coat plus two large Jon-E warmers in each pocket kept me warm all day, into early evening. Of course I wore my "underarmor" long-johns plus a pair of lined jeans to keep out the wind.

FWIW, Doc

Lets not get in a bidding war on ebay...if I know your ebay alias I will yield to you...mine is kid_doubleday5

Just a thought...

KDD :FlagAm:

Well If you get anything good going let me know my ebay name is dorado1873

Archived