SASS Wire Forum

Mathew Duncan is a pretty special Cowboy

Korupt Karl

I got a call from Matthew a few days ago and with my recent health issues he offered to drive me to the Monthly shoot today. He picked me up and we spent the day at the club visiting members etc. Neither of us shot but had lunch and stayed for awards.

He drove a hundred miles out of the way to make this happen. If you know him, he is the guy that drops stuff off at the club anonomously and never invites acknowledgement or recognition. He is the guy that takes the week off before the state shoot and stays at the club to do all the little jobs that have to be done. I'm proud to call him my friend and our sport is lucky to have him along with his somewhat sick humor on the wire.

I would further like to thank all that have been so nice during the last two weeks with calls, cards, visits, etc. My wife asked me if I was feeling depressed and I told her that I couldn't as I have heard from at least 3 or 4 sass members every day over the past two weeks.

To Matthew and all who have been so nice and thoughtful I say a big cowboy thanks.....God, I love this sport and the people in it.

Thanks all.

KK

Howdy

Glad you are feeling better. And it is very nice of you to say such nice things about Matthew. Here I thought he just didn't like Yankees. :rolleyes:

Don't believe it fer a minute. It;s the oldest espianage trick in the book. Offer to "help" while eyeballing everything goin on while their guard is down. Mathew is a sneaky one, I'll give him that :rolleyes:

Good on ya for getting out KK, and good on MD fer "helpin" (yeah sure, look out, the South gonna rise again..... :blink: )

Karl, I don't know ya, but I'm sure glad ta see yore up and around....

Good news to hear you're up an about! Tip 'o the hat to Matthew for a fine cowboy deed :rolleyes:

Hope ta see you both in the spring.

CR

Yep,

Matthew is a pard to ride the river with................quite the pard he is ..............sorry I didn't get to see you guys today......

Turkey Creek Edward's brother went home to the LORD and we had his Memorial service today.

Been a long day,...................but rewarding.

Blood Washed

Yep,

Matthew is a pard to ride the river with................quite the pard he is ..............sorry I didn't get to see you guys today......

Turkey Creek Edward's brother went home to the LORD and we had his Memorial service today.

Been a long day,...................but rewarding.

Blood Washed

Please give Turkey Creek my sympathy and let him know he will be in my prayers.

KK

Archived