SASS Wire Forum

Display your SASS decal on your vehicle

Mustang Gregg

:lol::angry::blink::lol::P

MERRY CHRISTMAS, PARDS!!

In the past there have been some posts discussing the hazards of putting a SASS decal or firearms decal on your car.

The threads have gone on with "It makes your car a target for theives."

My solution---

Recently I found some car-magnet material in pre-cut 4" circles. It's the perfect size for the SASS stickers, Ruger stickers, Army stickers, whatever.

With the magnet backing, you can easily remove them from your tailgate when you are in "rough territory" where you might get broke into ot vandalized.

Your Pard,

Mustang Gregg

PS the cirlcles I got were from a vendor's promotion. They have something else printed underneath. ;)

But you can but the same material from office supply and sign shops too.

I had an American flag magnet on my truck for years. You just have to remember to remove it from time to time and wipe away the dirt and grit that collects there, it can wear your paint.

Oh by the way the flag was stolen from my truck. I just hope who ever took it displays it proudly.

Hope this helps

Smoke

Nice idea BUT little bits of grit can sand into your paint when trapped under the magnets.

Just remember to remove the magnets for washing and put the magnet in a little bit different

place.

I had scratching under those ribbon magnets, I finally took em off and gave the area a good wax.

Best

CR

Great idea! The next logical step would be for SASS to have some made up and make them available

Fillmore

I live in the desert where paved roads are few and dbumpy dirt roads are the norm.

Walking through the parking lot in town I see many cars where people have had magnetics on their cars. More an more are removing their little signs. The finish is down to the factory primer or worse. The area where the magnetic was is not rusting metal.

The fix is to make a bracket of some sort to mount to your bumper hitch socket or screwed to the side of your back door with the bracket coming out the gap between body and door. Place your magnetic/decal on this. This is like an old license plate holder.

New cars are painted using computer technology and the paint finish is very thin. Not like 10 years or more ago. The color is so thin that cars are painted with a finish clear coat to give it some protection from just washing with cloth and water.

If your back window is not tinted, make a bracket to put inside and seen from the outside. Then you can get some other static stick on sticker to lace over it on the outside when you don't want you SASS stick seen.

You just have to remember to o this every time you get out of the car.

SASS has/had a really kewl SASS Sheriff hitch receiver cap. We'd put it on the truckette on the way to the match - take it off when entering Indian Country. Lately, we've realized that all of CA is Indian Territory.

We run radio silent on anything concerning firearms. For the crooks and/or cops.

Lately, we've realized that all of CA is Indian Territory.

Not all...up here you see plenty of folks with NRA and CRPA decals on their vehicles and wearing NRA caps. We have a new Sheriff coming in that respects the 2A. There is always room for more like minded pards.

Not all...up here you see plenty of folks with NRA and CRPA decals on their vehicles and wearing NRA caps. We have a new Sheriff coming in that respects the 2A. There is always room for more like minded pards.

It's pretty the same here on the Central Coast but it seems bad guys get around these days.

Fillmore

Another little trick....

I trimmed the decal around the Marshal to eliminate the spelling out of Single Action Shooting Society so just the Marshal and SASS remained.

Those who are SASS know the logo (even some hombres, I reckon) recognize me as a member, those who don't won't have a clue that I'm a shooter.

Another option for the side or back windows is these http://www.sassnet.com/p-SASSCling.php

I have a one on each rear side window in our car.

What is the Diameter?

:D:DB):huh::D

OOPS!

MG

Mustang Gregg, You must live out in the boonies in Nebraska. We have hoods here that would take them even though they would have no use for them. I had two of the ribbon shaped magnets that said support our troops and when I returned to my truck from Wally World they were gone. No more stickies for me.

:D:DB):huh::D

I have no problem with living in the boonies. It's pretty nice, really.

I don't reccollect ever losing a magnet, other than forgetting to take them off before going into them "automatic" car washes. :FlagAm::blush:

Merry CHRISTmas!

MG

Archived