SASS Wire Forum

Wraps...

Apache Hawk 60642

To fit a 1886 Henry Lever action rifle lever, butt cover, 1887 lever action IAC 12 ga shotgun

and a butt cover for a 1860 Henry rifle.

Send me a PM

Many Thanks

Apache Hawk

Howdy,

I like the lever wraps that unsnap for cleaning and can switch from rifle to rifle.

They are just two squares of leather stitched together and three snaps.

Best

CR

These http://www.cowboy45special.com/lever_wraps.html are the wraps I use,I have one on each of my rifles. I don't worry so much about rust under the the wrap for two reasons. Years ago I had one of the snap on type wrap,the fellow who made it told me before I installed it to lightly coat it with some olive oil or favorite gun oil,I lightly coated it with olive oil. Now the problem with it was after a couple of years use the snaps would come un snapped and AJ started making his. when I took the snap wrap off there was no rust on my blued lever . When I installed AJ's lever wrap I lightly coated it with some EV olive oil and don't worry anymore about rust on the lever, they dont move around and come un snapped. Adios Sgt. Jake

These http://www.cowboy45special.com/lever_wraps.html are the wraps I use,I have one on each of my rifles. I don't worry so much about rust under the the wrap for two reasons. Years ago I had one of the snap on type wrap,the fellow who made it told me before I installed it to lightly coat it with some olive oil or favorite gun oil,I lightly coated it with olive oil. Now the problem with it was after a couple of years use the snaps would come un snapped and AJ started making his. when I took the snap wrap off there was no rust on my blued lever . When I installed AJ's lever wrap I lightly coated it with some EV olive oil and don't worry anymore about rust on the lever, they dont move around and come un snapped. Adios Sgt. Jake

I have worried about rust under a wrap, great suggestion and report on how good it works.

Archived