SASS Wire Forum

Eezox

Saw John Boy's post on another thread and looked at his long-term test. Seems like a good product.

Anybody using it, and how do you like it compared to other lube / protectants?

On the company website http://www.eezox.com/ they say it's good up to 450 degrees - how's it do as a bore lube, and does it stand up to or interact with BP or 777?

Thanx in advance.

:) Been using it for 16 years as a protectant. That should say enough. No problems at all with BP and other substitutes. But as the label says....... wipe off the excess. I put on a slight spray and then wipe down before storage.

I have been using it for about three years as a protectant,I clean with Ballistol. I have had no problems with mixing the two lubricants or black powder what so ever. I had tried just about every oil to prevent rust in my rifle magazine tube. Some worked better than others but none with out some rust, until I tried Ezzox, it Works. Adios Sgt. Jake

Captain, this is what got me started on Eezox ... http://www.6mmbr.com/i/Reader%20Photos/Rus...ongTerm_640.jpg

This test was approximately 3 months and 100F / 100% Humidity

I live close to the ocean and even the car windows have a salt coating on them in the morning. So I wanted to see if it could stand up for the seasons, Spring - Summer - Fall and Winter with all the variables of what salt air does during these periods. So, the coated #3 steel wool sat on the bulkhead for 9 months, not 3 months. I believe in Flordia (looks like FL grass in the picture). Concluded the pictures over the 9 months of testing spoke for themselves

Is it the best stuff? I don't know. Some folks are recommending BoeShield T-9 ... http://boeshield.com/

This Boeshield is only a rust preventative. Nowhere do they say it is a lubricant and a cleaner. Am I going to test it for it's rust prevention capability? Nope. I've already proved Eezox is real good at that

Now add cleaning and lubing capabilities: Eezox does both in addition to Boeshield. For nitro based powder foul - very good by it's self. For BP foul, it gets the hard stuff out of the corners of the grooves. I steam clean and then patch with Eezox. Know the bore also isn't going to pick up rust. As for a lubricant ... guess this is a good example. I have 2 Rossi '92's that have had the innards worked on. I put a drop or 2 on the bolt rails, on the locking lugs and some in the trigger assembly after cleaning them. Tis a fact - I can operate the finger lever with my little finger. Plus, none of my firearms go back in the safe until a shop rag that has Eezox on it is used to wipe the metal of the guns. And would you believe, the stuff does a good job cleaning wood of guns too

Anything that is metal in our house that needs a shot of rust prevention - lubing or cleaning gets treated with the stuff too. Especially door locks and hinges

I'm satisfied ... working on my 3rd quart of it now

Stuff works great with BP! I use Murphy's Mix to clean and then re-Eexoz. The stuff is kinda expensive, but it doesn't take much -- don't go crazy with it and have the guns dripping. I don't have any trouble in New England with any of the guns fouling out with just the Eezox. I had to add a little Bore Butter before a match in AZ. because it's so dry there. It is excellent for long-term storage.

Sounds like something I coulkd use. Where do you get it?

O'Meara

Last time I ordered some I got it here http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=199328 Here http://www.eezox.com/gun-care.html Is Ezzox's web site may offer more information. Adios Sgt. Jake

Based on John Boy's test and these glowing testimonials I found one vendor at a show today that had some. $6.35 for a 4 ounce can, which puts it on par (or cheaper) than other products.

Thanx for the input all.

Thanks John Boy, your fine research is what got me started with this great product!

Woodrow,

Caught a comment of John Boy about "quarts" of Eezox, got me started looking. How close are you to Warren, Ohio? Warren Custom Outdoor looks to have a plethora of sizes including "gallon", and WOW,"5 gallon".

I ordered a 1.5oz bottle from Midway last summer, loved it for the '73 magazine treatment. Did not realize until this research that it can be used as a 'one product' clean, lube, protect system. The teensy, tiny bottle tends to downsize thinking for extensive use, quarts, gallons, and 5 gallon is quite enlarging. I plan to get a quart. We may become known for our "smell". The stuff has a smell signature all its own! :rolleyes: Maybe we shooters should develop our own cologne. Parts of aromas from Hoppes 9, Kroil, Ballistol, "Ed's Red", Eezox, etc....... Can't imagine how our ladies would react, eh?

See ya at Tusco,

Artic

Thanks John Boy, your fine research is what got me started with this great product!

Woodrow,

Caught a comment of John Boy about "quarts" of Eezox, got me started looking. How close are you to Warren, Ohio? Warren Custom Outdoor looks to have a plethora of sizes including "gallon", and WOW,"5 gallon".

I ordered a 1.5oz bottle from Midway last summer, loved it for the '73 magazine treatment. Did not realize until this research that it can be used as a 'one product' clean, lube, protect system. The teensy, tiny bottle tends to downsize thinking for extensive use, quarts, gallons, and 5 gallon is quite enlarging. I plan to get a quart. We may become known for our "smell". The stuff has a smell signature all its own! :rolleyes: Maybe we shooters should develop our own cologne. Parts of aromas from Hoppes 9, Kroil, Ballistol, "Ed's Red", Eezox, etc....... Can't imagine how our ladies would react, eh?

If I remember correctly EEzox has a base of TCE (I think) as a solvent. not a great thing to inhale a lot of. I only use it with good ventilation, not in a closed room ....Doc

Artic

Had a lady shooter with a original Colt Lightning convereted to 38 spl. The rifle was binding up to the point it would not chamber a round. She tried several different lubes to no avail. I put Eezox in the action and the rifle shot the rest of the match with out a hitch. She said Please tell me what you used so that I can have my husband buy some. They now use it. I use it for all my guns and I shoot 100% BP. As far as the post about I use oil. Do me a favor and put your oil on one of your guns and expose it to salt water spray and air for a few days.

I knew I had this http://www.6mmbr.com/corrosiontest.html some where,just couldn't find it rite off. Another test along the lines of John Boys. Results were close to the same,Ezzox still comes out on top. Adios Sgt. Jake

Saw John Boy's post on another thread and looked at his long-term test. Seems like a good product.

Anybody using it, and how do you like it compared to other lube / protectants?

On the company website http://www.eezox.com/ they say it's good up to 450 degrees - how's it do as a bore lube, and does it stand up to or interact with BP or 777?

Thanx in advance.

Darlin Dave has been using it regularly in our Match Guns upkeep. He has not had any problems yet. In fact he asked me to locate some more for him yesterday.

Ima Lotatrubl

Archived