SASS Wire Forum

FN FNAR Rifle worth getting

hannie

Looking to pick up another 308 rifle and just wondering if anybody had any experience with this rifle.

From what I can see it looks based of the Browning BAR hunting rifle.

Already have a Springfield M1A so looking at something different.

Hannie -

Purchased one a year ago, and love it - the coyotes hate it.

Put a Swift Premier 3-9X40mm scope on it, and have NO trouble at distances to 700 yards.

Thought I had a picture of it with its new muzzle brake, but alas Ido not - if you want one, let me know and I will have them developed and posted tomorrow.

About the muzzle brake. It is a modification of the one in the enclosed info from travelercentral.com. We made a few changes to the design, and now the FAL shoots like a .22 magnum - very little recoil and almost no rise.

One thing though. The barrel of the FNAR is tapered, so you have to decided between a brake with set screws or threading the barrel. FN does not like either option being done to their barrels. I went with 2 set screws into countersunk holes in the barrel.

Contrary to what FN said, there was NO effect to accuracy.

FN FAL Muzzle Brake

Again, I love this rifle - its accuracy and reliability are amazing - it digests all ammo I have thrown into it - and with all the extra pads, can be made to fit just about anyone.

Try it - you'll like it

Tull

Upon further searching, I found the pics I thought had been lost - including a close-up of my muzzle brake.

FN FNAR #1

FN FNAR #2

FNAR Custom Muzzle Brake

I left the sides unpainted, as it makes the brake look more intimidating.

If you are in the central Mississippi area, give me a holler and stop by. We always have coyotes [or milk jugs] to shoot at.

Tull

Archived