SASS Wire Forum

Christmas came early for me this year.

Went over to Kirkland to the Church yesterday to do some work for Christmas coming up.

Kirkland is over by Lake Washington and has some hills with trees on them. Well, on my

way home I spotted two Bald Eagles circling around at about a thousand feet or so, with

their white heads and long wings. I tell you it gave me a thrill, it did. I was stopped at a

light so I got to watch them for a few minutes.

Made my day and my week.

God bless you all and I hope you have a very Happy Christmas. :FlagAm:

Went over to Kirkland to the Church yesterday to do some work for Christmas coming up.

Kirkland is over by Lake Washington and has some hills with trees on them. Well, on my

way home I spotted two Bald Eagles circling around at about a thousand feet or so, with

their white heads and long wings. I tell you it gave me a thrill, it did. I was stopped at a

Made my day and my week.

God bless you all and I hope you have a very Happy Christmas. :)

BMC's now that is a cool gift!! Thanks...

Cottage Lake is about a mile from my house. We take Captain Jack over there for a walk sometimes.

Last spring we got to watch two doing their mating flight thingy. Now that is a real thrill. I guess it was a bit of voyeurism, but Captain Jack just could not look away.

BMC

If we get the cold snap they are talking about , the eagles may show up here a little early . Most years I put the boat in on New Years day and go out to watch them on Beaver Lake . They are only here for 2 1/2 to 3 months , but it is relly cool to drift by them when they are fishing . When I see them I will cut the moter off to watch for a while , some times they will get a fish .

CB

Several years ago, I went to BC Canada fishing. We fished the Babine river and it was early October.

The sockeye run was in and the coho had just run a few weeks earlier. Well, the Babine runs into a large lake, andI can't recall the name. However the large lake served as a staging area for the salmon. Well, long story short, the banks of the river and lake were covered with thousands if not millions of dead salmon, and the eagles would feed on them. The trees were filled with stuffed eagles all along the shore line.

What a sight.

Several years ago, I went to BC Canada fishing. We fished the Babine river and it was early October.

The sockeye run was in and the coho had just run a few weeks earlier. Well, the Babine runs into a large lake, andI can't recall the name. However the large lake served as a staging area for the salmon. Well, long story short, the banks of the river and lake were covered with thousands if not millions of dead salmon, and the eagles would feed on them. The trees were filled with stuffed eagles all along the shore line.

What a sight.

Nature beats everything for beauty... While I do love the lights and the fun ... I do love time out in the woods, desert, mountains, water, around what made me what I am really. Growing up out working in the barn, chasing cattle, riding horses, hunting, swimming in the rivers, and calling Gods country my own has left a passion for the outdoors that a candlelite diner could never compete with.. lol.. Nature makes the best light.. lol

Made my day and my week.

God bless you all and I hope you have a very Happy Christmas. :)

BMC, whar I work, durin' da winter, I can see 5 or 8 of'em a day !!

I work rat off da Mississippi River, and when it freezes over thars a main channel open whar dey can fish.

May da Good Lord take a likein' to you y'all !!! :blink:

We have three breeding pairs near my house. They fish the Green river which has year-around runs of salmon and steelhead.

Got a matin' pair bout 2 miles from da house. Dey have a nest overlookin' Spooner Lake. Been watchin'em fer bout 4 years now and dey've had young (2) each year.

Dats my Lord tellin me, "no matter who turns their back on ya, HE's got me covered !! :lol:

Back in the mid 80's when I was still living in Mn I had a Cessna 172 that the University of Minnesota would rent for a week at a time.The had a variance from the FAA to mount an antenna to one wing strut.They used it to fly up and down the Mississippi tracking collared eagles.Out here it's not that unusual to see them along the Missouri river year round.

We have three breeding pairs near my house. They fish the Green river which has year-around runs of salmon and steelhead.

they are so cool Willies you are so very lucky.... I okay gotta ask.. I know what a salmon is but a steelehead.. loll heard it before but what is it?

A steelhead is a rainbow trout on steroids. It spawns in the rivers like a trout and then for some genetic reasons goes to sea like a salmon. They feed on the bounty of the ocean and grow to be much larger than a trout. A steelhead will return to their native stream to spawn like a salmon but

they are much larger than the trout in the native stream. They are better fighters and more acrobatic than a stream bred trout, but now they are endangered in some areas. Some folks will spend years searching for one, others will be successful in catching them. They will come to a fly readily or will chase salmon roe.

If you have not stood in an ice cold river with rain pouring down at daybreak, fishing for an iron head or metal head as they are sometimes called, you have missed one of life's big mysteries. My wife

wonders why I would do it. My answer, because it is FUN! :lol:

When the winter run is in on the Skykomish river, you will need to bring your own rock to stand on

if you fish the week end.

The summer run covers the river with drift boats and jet sleds, looking for them.

A steelhead is a rainbow trout on steroids. It spawns in the rivers like a trout and then for some genetic reasons goes to sea like a salmon. They feed on the bounty of the ocean and grow to be much larger than a trout. A steelhead will return to their native stream to spawn like a salmon but

they are much larger than the trout in the native stream. They are better fighters and more acrobatic than a stream bred trout, but now they are endangered in some areas. Some folks will spend years searching for one, others will be successful in catching them. They will come to a fly readily or will chase salmon roe.

If you have not stood in an ice cold river with rain pouring down at daybreak, fishing for an iron head or metal head as they are sometimes called, you have missed one of life's big mysteries. My wife

wonders why I would do it. My answer, because it is FUN! :rolleyes:

When the winter run is in on the Skykomish river, you will need to bring your own rock to stand on

if you fish the week end.

The summer run covers the river with drift boats and jet sleds, looking for them.

:blink:

Every Saturday morning the husband goes fishing. He gets up early, makes his lunch, hooks up his boat and off he goes, all day long.

So, one Saturday morning he gets up early, dresses quietly, makes his lunch, puts on his long johns, grabs the dog and goes to the garage to hook up his boat to the truck. Coming out of his garage, rain is pouring down in a torrential downpour. There is snow mixed in with the rain and the wind is blowing 50 miles per hour.

Minutes later, he returns to the garage. He comes back into the house and turns the TV to check the weather forecast. He finds it's going to be bad weather all day long, so he puts his boat back in the garage, quietly undresses and slips back into bed.

There he cuddles up to his wife's back and whispers, "The weather out there is terrible."

To which she sleepily replies, "I know, can you believe my stupid husband is out fishing in that?"

Archived