SASS Wire Forum

WALKER, TEXAS RANGER

ALAMO KID SASS #8100

Ed Sieker is a very fine man, and a good pard to shoot with.

It's an honorary promotion. SASS has a 4 time world champ aka Ed Sieker Texas Ranger that is an honorary Texas Ranger.

You mean he's not really goin after the bad guys like Steve Segal?

Hey Alamo,

A couple years ago I bought a ball cap with "Walker Texas Ranger" on it at the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame in Waco, TX.

I'll trade it for your new '73 if you want it.

Coyote Kid

Hey Alamo,

A couple years ago I bought a ball cap with "Walker Texas Ranger" on it at the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame in Waco, TX.

I'll trade it for your new '73 if you want it.

Coyote Kid

LET ME GET BACK TO YA ON THAT ONE :)

WHAT COLOR IS IT ??????????????????[:FlagAm:

Heard he was considering doing another round of the TV show but because he's getting older Hollywood wanted to rename it

"On A Walker Texas Ranger"

That show was BS!!!!!!

He always wanted to Kung Foo with the bad guys and they did!! (in the script) a Real Bad Guy would have blown him away!! And his partner was supposedly an ex Dallas Cowboy :FlagAm:

Plus, I've never heard of a Texas Ranger that had a beard!!

Actually, the news people got it all wrong.

The way it was supposed to read is that the Texas Rangers were just made honorary Chuck Norrises.

:FlagAm:

Guns don't kill people, Chuck Norris kills people.

That show was BS!!!!!!

He always wanted to Kung Foo with the bad guys and they did!! (in the script) a Real Bad Guy would have blown him away!! And his partner was supposedly an ex Dallas Cowboy :FlagAm:

Plus, I've never heard of a Texas Ranger that had a beard!!

Or a black hat. Totally against the dress code.

Guest EL NEGRO GATO #8178

Howdy All, when I started acting with my cowboy group in 1989 I took on the persona of a Texas Ranger working the Iowa,South Dakota and Nebraska territories in 1880 looking for bail jumpers and escaped outlaws I was presented an honorery Texas Ranger commission from 1880 I have the certificate and badge which I still proudly wear. I've given out around 100 Texas Ranger blank commissions to "Rangers" wearing the badge

ENG :)

Chuck still ain't a REAL Texas Ranger. Honorary and real are far from the same.

Neither is Ed, but ole Ed is a world class champ, pard, and yarn spinner.

There are exactly ZERO real Rangers with either a black hat OR a beard.

Nor do they carry Berettas. Usually Sig Sauers in 357 Sig or 45 or 1911s.

Wow! Sounds like some folks got something stuck in their craw.

When i met Norris years ago he treated all of us wearing the badge with respect. He developed and personally oversaw a major juvenile program in texas schools. He worked with LEO's and helped plenty of them and their families. And while he's not my favorite actor nor was his TV show among those I watched he obviously did something of such consistent magnitude that the Texas Rangers felt he was worthy of an honorary appointment. And Black hat...., oh for crimney sakes.

Howdy All, when I started acting with my cowboy group in 1989 I took on the persona of a Texas Ranger working the Iowa,South Dakota and Nebraska territories in 1880 looking for bail jumpers and escaped outlaws I was presented an honorery Texas Ranger commission from 1880 I have the certificate and badge which I still proudly wear. I've given out around 100 Texas Ranger blank commissions to "Rangers" wearing the badge

ENG :)

That's ok. But if you want to wear a Ranger badge within the boundaries of the state of Texas you best stop by the nearest Ranger Company & let them know you're doing it for theatrical purposes & get their ok. To do otherwise is a felony in this state.

The job of the REAL Texas Rangers was finished by 1880. In 1935 I believe they reorganized and now its just another DPS police force. Nothing notable about the New Texas Rangers. If they were REAL Rangers there would be no border problem.

So,its only fitting they add another Joke to their ranks. :lol:

Chuck Norris's tears cure cancer, problem is Chuck never cries. In his beard he hides another FIST. He's so tough, he doesn't have to do ANYTHING for a Klondike bar.

hud (who met the real Chuck, and found him a very personable, likeable, and funny fellow. Shoulda seen his face when I said "I thought Bruce Lee KILLED you")

There was a picture of Norris, Gov. Perry & a group of Rangers at the awards in Garland in yesterday's paper. Norris was wearing a grey suit, (court attire for a Ranger) and the beard was gone. He even got a haircut.

It was announced to that Chuck Norris will become a real Texas Ranger today.

:angry:

http://www.popeater.com/2010/12/02/chuck-n...3_lnk2%7C187668

MAYBE HE, CAN CLEAN UP THE BORDER, SOMEHOW.

Norris is not even a real hollyweird actor :lol:

Nothing is stuck in my craw. The thing is, I've known and worked with several real Texas Rangers. They are a very great asset to local law enforcement who may have limited resources. NONE of them would be caught dead in a black hat or beard even if it were allowed. There are only a few dozen of them in the whole state. Not ONE has a beard or wears anything but a silver belly.

I could not stand to watch the show just because of the beard/black hat/Beretta stoopidity.

Wow! Sounds like some folks got something stuck in their craw.

When i met Norris years ago he treated all of us wearing the badge with respect. He developed and personally oversaw a major juvenile program in texas schools. He worked with LEO's and helped plenty of them and their families. And while he's not my favorite actor nor was his TV show among those I watched he obviously did something of such consistent magnitude that the Texas Rangers felt he was worthy of an honorary appointment. And Black hat...., oh for crimney sakes.

I have to agree with Yul. While Hollywood put their touch of inaccuracy on the show, Mr. Norris worked very hard to paint Law Enforcement in a positive light to society....something that our profession needs these days!

BSD :unsure:

Archived