SASS Wire Forum

Dear Santa

Grizzly Dave

OK, now that I've lured you in here, maybe you can help me out.

Miz Grizz wants a list of things I want for Christmas that she and the kids might actually have the money to get me.

so, my long list of guns and a Dillon650 are off the table.

I thought maybe a couple of western DVDs, but don't really know what I want. I have the Tom Selleck collection, Quigley, Open Range, Lonesone Dove, Silverado, Appaloosa, a collection of John Wayne movies, and of course Jeremiah Johnson. That kind of defines my tastes, anything else I should add to my collection?

What else? I thought maybe a wild rag or two, but best place to get those seems to be ebay, and Miz Grizz don't do ebay.

Any other idears?

Thanks

OK, now that I've lured you in here, maybe you can help me out.

Miz Grizz wants a list of things I want for Christmas that she and the kids might actually have the money to get me.

so, my long list of guns and a Dillon650 are off the table.

I thought maybe a couple of western DVDs, but don't really know what I want. I have the Tom Selleck collection, Quigley, Open Range, Lonesone Dove, Silverado, Appaloosa, a collection of John Wayne movies, and of course Jeremiah Johnson. That kind of defines my tastes, anything else I should add to my collection?

What else? I thought maybe a wild rag or two, but best place to get those seems to be ebay, and Miz Grizz don't do ebay.

Any other idears?

Thanks

Grizzes how about a video of your shoot taken by her, you best half.. lol.. Or, an evening doing the stuff you use to do when you first started dating like a drive in or something.,. lol.. maybe a trip down memory lane, of photos of all of you thru the years on a DVD... Oh, a year long plan of the "trip of a lifetime".. lol... You know, we don't full fill all of our dreams, so you may never take the real trip, but the planning is a huge part of the whole fun thing! We miss out on all the planning in life cuz we are in such a hurry to "live" life... savor the planning... even if the end plan never happens,,, its the trip there that makes it all worth doing..

Has Robert Deval done any other westerns beside Lonesome Dove, Broken Trail, and Open Range? I'm sure he has, just can't think of them...

He played Ned Pepper in True Grit :lol:

Do ya got "The Missing" with Tommy Lee Jones?

Secondhand Lions : Not a western but is one of my favorite movies with Robert Duval.

other movies... 3:10 To Yuma, Conagher.

How about some movie passes to go see the new True Grit?

Clothing for SASS ta me ya can't have too many vests.

CPK

i would much rather the missus would bake an apple pie. too many times christmas shopping is a waste of time and money. we should focus on stuff that will be more fun.

Two of my favorite westerns are Tombstone and Bandidas

I love Tombstone.. I like Missouri Breaks too.. not sure why.. just a kinda different movie/western... And anything by Sam Elliot.. lol.. I had a friend ask me if it was the pile of unruly hair he has.. lol.. Ah. no.. lol.. its the mustache, the way he talks, the way he acts.,. and his smile.. love the smile.. It sort of starts out in his eyes, and moves to his lips and them his eye corners crinkle up and ah.. never mind... lol...

Grizz,

I gave my family a list and everything on it came from Bass Pro Shops. They have a whole section of gifts under $30 dollars, from watches for $10, coffee mugs, tee shirts, etc.

BSD

I love Tombstone.. I like Missouri Breaks too.. not sure why.. just a kinda different movie/western... And anything by Sam Elliot.. lol.. I had a friend ask me if it was the pile of unruly hair he has.. lol.. Ah. no.. lol.. its the mustache, the way he talks, the way he acts.,. and his smile.. love the smile.. It sort of starts out in his eyes, and moves to his lips and them his eye corners crinkle up and ah.. never mind... lol...

uh huh! :unsure:

If you'd like a funny western look up "They call me Trinity, and it's sequel Trinity is still my name". They are some humorous spaghetti westerns.

If you'd like a funny western look up "They call me Trinity, and it's sequel Trinity is still my name". They are some humorous spaghetti westerns.

...... yup ............. them's my fav'rites :blink:

Archived