SASS Wire Forum

Who will be the first Company

Well now let's see, a new 1911 in 2011. This one's a no brainer. The new latest greatest 1911 just has to be an affordable copy of JMB's original style 1911 pistol with all it's little vices. I know a few very vocal people have been working on Kahr Arms to get them to bring the 1911 back under their Auto Ordnance banner. If you would like to see something like this I'm sure another voice or two added to the choir couldn't hurt. If you agree give em a call or send them an e-mail, let's see if we can make enough noise to make this happen, this is the year.

It would be nice if they made a premium grade 1911 (or any other model) for Lefties. You know, magazine release, safety and slide release buttons on the right side of the frame. Yep, I know, you can get an amidexours (sp) safety put on for extra cost. Oh yes, and the port pointed to the left so the brass doesn't fly in front of your face all the time. I understand that some company some time ago did do just that but where are they now?

To spend premium dollars on a gun where you have to compromise your grip and functionality just isn't appealing to me. Kind of like purchasing a sports car and having to enter/exit the drivers side via the passenger door and crawling over the gear shift every time .

Any new mirror image 1911 will not be legal in SASS WBAS just as the old Randalls are not allowed. I asked why over on the WB forum and the answer was because "them's the rules".

I have been told Browning is bringing out a 3/4 size 1911 in both full size and commander in 22LR for a 100yrs anniversary.

I heard it would be 7/8 size.

Well now let's see, a new 1911 in 2011. This one's a no brainer. The new latest greatest 1911 just has to be an affordable copy of JMB's original style 1911 pistol with all it's little vices. I know a few very vocal people have been working on Kahr Arms to get them to bring the 1911 back under their Auto Ordnance banner. If you would like to see something like this I'm sure another voice or two added to the choir couldn't hurt. If you agree give em a call or send them an e-mail, let's see if we can make enough noise to make this happen, this is the year.

Well, Bat, I typed out a long post about how Kahr/AO were still making 1911A1s and submitted it and then it dawns on me that ye are talking 1911 not A1.

Doh!!!

Archived