SASS Wire Forum

WTB: 73 357/38spl. FOUND

Campo Kid

Thanks to Ain't Dunit I will soon have a race ready 73!

And thank you to the rest of you guys for the offers and referrals.

Kid

Fingers McGee just posted one for $850 but its a 45LC.

Campo, decide to give up Marlin's? Hope you are doing well, have a Merry Christmas. Hope you and Padre can come shoot Tennessee State with us next year.

Randy

The Marlin is a very good rifle and I like it, but it's time I buy a 73. Besides my dad needs a rifle, so he can have the Marlin. :blink:

Kid

The Marlin is a very good rifle and I like it, but it's time I buy a 73. Besides my dad needs a rifle, so he can have the Marlin. :blink:

Kid

besides, everyone knows how slow those Marlins are. ;)

besides, everyone knows how slow those Marlins are. :blink:

Deuce

Doesn't a Marlin hold the current speed record?

Campo

You may want to check out Pioneer Gun Works. If memory serves me right Poncho has one that Will at Pioneer did for him. Or give Colt a call, and see if he has anything. Oh my 73 done by Colt may be up for sale if I can find a good 18 1/2 inch barrel. If you are going to Knob Creek this weekend you can give it a shot or two if you want to.

BCJ

besides, everyone knows how slow those Marlins are. :blink:

Ha, yeah right! :)

My Marlin is a Widder' Matic, but I gotta buy a new rifle anyway so a 73 is the gun to get.

Kid

Deuce

Doesn't a Marlin hold the current speed record?

Campo

You may want to check out Pioneer Gun Works. If memory serves me right Poncho has one that Will at Pioneer did for him. Or give Colt a call, and see if he has anything. Oh my 73 done by Colt may be up for sale if I can find a good 18 1/2 inch barrel. If you are going to Knob Creek this weekend you can give it a shot or two if you want to.

BCJ

Hey Jack, I already talked to Colt and like most other gunsmiths he doesn't have any 73s.

If you do decide to sell your 73 I'd like to see it.

Kid

And yeah a short stroked Marlin does hold the speed rifle record. :)

Campo, I don't know if he has any in stock but I bought a '73 from Cody Conagher that I really like.

http://www.codyscowboyshop.com/

If you don't find anything ready to go let me know . I have a buddy with a gun shop that has a new one in stock.

Good Luck.

Randy

Campo, don't know if you have any interest in one, but a dealer here has a 20" oct. barrel 1866 in .38 special for $950 out the door. I didn't ask but I think if it is going out of state he'll ship it for that price.

Randy

Campo, don't know if you have any interest in one, but a dealer here has a 20" oct. barrel 1866 in .38 special for $950 out the door. I didn't ask but I think if it is going out of state he'll ship it for that price.

Randy

Nah, I like the looks of the 73 much more than a 66.

Thanks though.

Kid

You won't meet nicer folks than at http://www.cowboyshooterssupply.com/

73’s with Cody Conagher action jobs

Their web site doesn't list ANY guns. Just parts, reloading supplies and leather goods. Did I miss something??

Their web site doesn't list ANY guns. Just parts, reloading supplies and leather goods. Did I miss something??

They may not have it online to sort through but right on the home page;

We keep in stock:

Model 97’s

73’s with Cody Conagher action jobs

Reloading Supplies

Firearms Parts

hi i have a 73 nib deluxe border mod by navy arms i want 1,000 if interested call me at 951-696-9049 Rick

I've tried a couple of times, and left a message.

Thanks for the reply,

Kid

Pistol grip a preferance or does it offer an advantage?

Basically it's personal preference but the pistol grip does come with checkered fore-end and rear stocks, and that does help enhance grip.

Kid

Campo kid, I saw Persimmon Dan at gun show today. He is selling a 73 w/Conagher action work. But I don't think it was pistol grip, however he has had the forend checkered. It is smooth. No Horse Hair

I'm really wanting a pistol grip 73 vs. the straight stock.

Thanks anyway,

Kid

Call Jimmy Spurs at Cowboy Gunworks or Colt McAllister and see what they can do for you!! If you want the best....call 'em!!

email Colt..... gsward@charter.net or Jimmy Spurs..... cowboygunworks@aol.com Go for it!!

Call Jimmy Spurs at Cowboy Gunworks or Colt McAllister and see what they can do for you!! If you want the best....call 'em!!

email Colt..... gsward@charter.net or Jimmy Spurs..... cowboygunworks@aol.com Go for it!!

Dan, I've already talked to both of them.

Colt has a long waiting list simply because Cimarron and Taylor haven't gotten any 73's in his hands.

Jimmy built some Rugers for me and I really like them, he does awesome work.

But Jimmy's custom short stroke 73's is not something that I really want, the same with any other custom link short stroke.

For example if something bends, breaks or a pin shears off etc..., the 73 has to be sent back to them so they can fix it according to the 73's problem specifically.

In other words, with the custom short stroke parts availability goes down. And the custom short stroke is longer, very smooth, but with a longer lever throw.

I'd rather have a 73 with a short stroke kit like Poineer Gunworks Super Short, or C&I 5th Gen.

But thanks for the recommendation,

Kid

http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=161293

This is a good one. He has been tuning these from the beginning, and knows what it takes. I guess the only drawback is that it is not a pistol grip like you wanted. If I didn't already have a 73 and a 66 tuned by Cody I'd be looking strong at this one.

Archived