Cage #1 - Click > 9:49 to 9:59 to connect to sassnet.com

Click > 10:00 to 10:05 to connect to the SASS Wire

Click > 10:08 to 10:10 to connect to the topics

Total elapsed time ... 17 Minutes!

Cage #2 - Click >10:00 to 10:06 to connect to sassnet.com

No further clicking

Cage #3 - Click >9:50 to 10:09 to connect to sassnet.com

No further clicking

In the meantime, went and viewed 2 other forums! I must say, the Sassnet and it's SASS Wire are almost dead in the water.

Why is it a couple of other forums with close to a hundred members on line (Cast Boolits and Graybeards) have no problems with connectivity and SASS continually has problems?

Next question, will this slow connectivity be resolved?

So, I'm going to click on the Post New Topic ... and not hang around to see how long it takes to post

Good Night All!

Got 8G, I7 processor, cable modem (Cox) and the wire has often run real slow lately. So having memory is not the only answer. Earlier tonight it was taking a few minutes to connect, now it is faster.

More Ram for this horse? Hmmm, let's see what happens on a couple of other boards:

Graybeard Outdoors:

Connect time - 3 seconds

Users Online

10 Spiders, 170 Guests, 109 Users (3 Hidden)

1,478,080 Posts in 185,760 Topics

Cast Boolits:

Connect Time - 2 seconds

Currently Active Users: 227 (81 members and 146 guests)

Threads: 76,429, Posts: 950,526

The Morning Line at Santa Anita

'sassnet.com needs more gerbils'

Odds: 80 to 1 :blush:

There were a couple of hours yesterday evening where there were zero posts recorded. I would say that is slow. I am able to load any other page on the web in a couple of seconds. During the slow/down period I measured one load of the SASS Wire at 25 minutes to load. During that time it was not possible to open and read any post. It finally started getting better after that 2 hour bought of constipation. This morning it is running a lot better but few users at this time of day.

Yep, ram on OUR end isn't the answer.

Ping times were in the minutes (if it didn't time out) last night only here, and tracert timed out once it hit the host network.

I would bet that the server that the site is on has limited ram, slow (older) hard drives, and a constipated connection to the backbone.

I am right on at least one of those - the server is at Level 3, and they have been fighting Comcast about bandwidth.

Yep, ram on OUR end isn't the answer.

Ping times were in the minutes (if it didn't time out) last night only here, and tracert timed out once it hit the host network.

I would bet that the server that the site is on has limited ram, slow (older) hard drives, and a constipated connection to the backbone.

I am right on at least one of those - the server is at Level 3, and they have been fighting Comcast about bandwidth.

When did we start posting in foreign languages. Looks like Greek to me........ :angry: The only bandwidth I know anything about is my wedding ring and constipated to the backbone is an altogether too familiar concept at my age..... :lol: Ram is a dodge truck, Ping a golf club, and a server is the tennis player that hits the ball first. A network is either NBC, CBS or ABC, the host is the one holding the party, a limited ram is the expensive pickup from dodge. Oh well.

Archived