SASS Wire Forum

The SASS Wire is on Fire!

Been struggling with the Wire, as well as Outlook, IE, and anything bigger or more graphic than a simple e-mail messgae.

Was gettin' some weird pop-ups, too.

So I paid the folks at Symantec to do their magic, and "Henry" in India spent almost 2 hours flushing the nasties out of my confuser.

When he was done, he had a suggestion..."Get more RAM, sir", he said in very good King's English.

I checked my Properties; my 8 yr old Dell Dimension 4600 had.....512 MB of RAM. Ooops; I think Outlook uses more than that.

So I got on-line with Dell and ordered 2 GB of replacement RAM - a little over $100.

Just got it; disconnected all the cables (that's the hard part); pulled off the side panel (after cursing at the guy who put rivets in the back - sneaky design change); pop out two modules, and install 2 new ones in the same slots; reassemble, and......

BAM!!!!! Instantaneous e-mail downloads!!! ZAP!!!! Right into the Wire with no clink, clack, clink, clack!!!!! Open the biggest images I have with NO strain or delay; run multiple applications without slowdown!!!!

Laudy, laudy, laudy!!!!!! Thank you, Henry in New Delhi!!!!

Now, I don't guarantee that your problems are the same as mine...but if your machine is running like a wheezin' swayback mule goin' uphill, you may want to check your RAM...especially of you do not replace your machine every couple of years.

And it's EASY - I'm no techie, and needed no help other than my Owner's Manual.

That's enough...I need to hit "post" and watch this thing fly across the screen....

LL

Bugs, you should consider Hughes or Wild Blue. Both are wireless satalite servers. Tried and liked both, Wild Blue is cheaper. Only reason I left was local phone company finally came up with high speed DSL at less cost.

Bugs, you should consider Hughes or Wild Blue. Both are wireless satalite servers. Tried and liked both, Wild Blue is cheaper. Only reason I left was local phone company finally came up with high speed DSL at less cost.

Yeah, I just got Wild Blue a little over a week ago, and wowie! It's a whole other world of 'net surfin' after so many years of dial-up. The only problem now is that my wife has taken over my computer, since the 'net is so much faster than it was :lol:

I live in the country, no hispeed available just dial up. RAM ain't my speed problem.

Bugs

Don't you have access to satellite internet? I live in a rural area and my puter runs off at high speed from a satellite dish. We also can have access to a tower for high speed however, you must in line of sight. We have a tower 3 miles away as the crow flies but I can't access it unless I cut down about 50 trees.

Archived