SASS Wire Forum

Stolen Guns while moving

Just posting this to tell you pards what happened to me on a cross country move from Orlando Florida to Mesa Arizona, using North American Van Lines as the mover.

Do to an overload problem from 2 other P/U our move was to come out on 2 seperate trucks, well the first truck made it fine but my entire gun collection of 16 guns including the safe went missing from the agents warehouse in Orlando and according to the agent nothing shows up on warehouse video. So here I am in one of the most popular states for CAS with no guns and not knowing if they'll ever show up, and of course the ins. check will probely be as reliable as the company. Bye the way the guns were noticed missing last wednesday and I was notified today. Great Company Security isn't it.

Well shoot straight and stay safe

Regards to all

Crookedfinger Pete

SASS # 77259

Man that stinks. Did they provide you with a police report? Did you start emailing serial numbers to all the Orlando area gun shops? Ya gotta know this is an inside job if their video shows nothing and they waited several days before notifying you.....

Already sent e-mails to gun shops with serial numbers and discriptions,especially the shop i did business with that deals in cowboy guns

filed police report,am getting a copy by snail mail.

Replacing 16 guns won't be easy,but with ins money I get from the moving company,I should be able to replace the cowboy guns but who knows when that will happen.

Crooked Finger Pete

Man that stinks. Did they provide you with a police report? Did you start emailing serial numbers to all the Orlando area gun shops? Ya gotta know this is an inside job if their video shows nothing and they waited several days before notifying you.....

Already sent e-mails to gun shops with serial numbers and discriptions,especially the shop i did business with that deals in cowboy guns

Replacing 16 guns won't be easy,but with ins money I get from the moving company,I should be able to replace the cowboy guns but who knows when that will happen.

Crooked Finger Pete

Crooked Finger Pete

I feel your pain pard. I would report them stolen to the ATF also and make sure local Police Dept. forwared report to NCIC.

I had 4 stolen from my truck in my driveway May 1st. Still missing.

Tennessee Deadeye

Sorry Pards for the repeated Posts, didn't mean too,but the wire was acting up when I posted the answer to

Adirondack Jack and I thought I only posted one reply.

Regards to all

Shoot straight and true and be safe

Crooked Finger Pete

Sass #77259

This whole thing sounds really fishy. It's not like you put a safe full of guns in your pocket and walk out.....

Sorry to hear it. Sporting goods and electronics have a way of falling off of moving trucks. I'm glad I'm in a position that if I ever have to or choose to move again, I can take my guns myself. I've used moving companies a few times in the past, but have always been able to take my most important positions with me. I guess I'm just not very trusting of other people with my stuff.

Good luck with the insurance.

I feel your pain pard. I would report them stolen to the ATF also and make sure local Police Dept. forwared report to NCIC.

I had 4 stolen from my truck in my driveway May 1st. Still missing.

Tennessee Deadeye

Tennassee,

Thanks for the suggestions, and a report will be sent to the NCIC since I provided the serial numbers of the guns and I'm waiting for a call from the

ATF.

Again Thanks

Best Regards

Shoot Straight and true and Stay safe

Crooked Finger Pete

SASS #77259

This whole thing sounds really fishy. It's not like you put a safe full of guns in your pocket and walk out.....

Long Branch,

I agree and personally I think it was an inside job.

Talked to the moving company this morning and provided them with an Idea on how the gun safe walked out with out being noticed,and

thats using one or more of those wardrobes they use to pack hanging cloths in.

Best Regards

Shoot Straight and Stay Safe

Crooked Finger Pete Sass# 77259

Pete, I really hope you get to the bottom of it and get your guns back. I'd also like to see the ones punished that did it. If you're like me, ya worked to hard to buy them to have some lowlife make off with them... :P

I had a similar thing happen with a contractor working at my house. I told him to have all his workers at the Sheriff's office at 9:00 am the next day. He called me at 10pm to tell me that the guns and other items were recovered and that they would be returned the next morning.If the local police are any good they will put some heat on the manager of the movers as it was a inside job.

I had a similar thing happen with a contractor working at my house. I told him to have all his workers at the Sheriff's office at 9:00 am the next day. He called me at 10pm to tell me that the guns and other items were recovered and that they would be returned the next morning.If the local police are any good they will put some heat on the manager of the movers as it was a inside job.

Fareshake

unfortunately i'm now living in Az so I have to depend on the police dept.to do the legwork,but you

know how local police departments are if you don't ride heard on them,and living 2500 miles away

doesn't make it easy.

I did request from the company to terminate anyone who came in contact with the safe hoping that

The guilty party would turn the gun in to save there jobs and avoid prosicution,we'll see

what happens.

Best Regards,

Crooked Finger Pete

Sass #77259

Maybe you should post a description, numbers and anything special that would catch the eye.

Lots of gun shows here in Florida.

Nothing I'd like better than to see some scumbag trying to sell or trade one of your guns!!!

I hate thieves!!

But up a fella, once when we were kids..after his Dad let him come back home, he paid us back by stealing all our guns one day when we weren't home!!

Mentioned his name and the Detectives said "Ya we know him".

As the Detectives drove up to his house...scumbag was walking to his car (trunk open) with his arms full of rifles and shotguns.

Read about him in the paper about ten years later...they found him sitting in a Porsche 911...two through the chest, one in the forehead.

Sometimes things do come around!!!

Hope you get yours back...love to help!!

Bad Hombre

Another suggestion would be to contact all the area pawn shops.

KK

Oh Pete,

That stinks. I would never use NAVL. You know how one bad experience can sour you on a company...

I worked for an air freight company for a few years. On Saturdays, I was a "jack of all trades." I did everything from dispaching to driving the forklift. NA came in to pick up a shipment. They were smirky and treated me like a silly blonde female. They told me to put it in the side of the trailer. I said it won't fit. They said, you mean you can't operate the forklift. I said no, it won't fit. Well, I drove it up to the side door and it wouldn't fit. So, they had to move their stuff around to make room in the back. ;):blink:

Thank you for the opportunity to vent.

I hope you recover everything.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Pete send a copy of the police report to the Orlando & Mesa offices of the FBI. Since it was stolen from an interstate shipment it's their purview. Also contact NAVL home office in Ft. Wayne, In. and inform them that they are going to pay full replacement costs of all your firearms & the safe, or they will next hear from your attorny, and that you will make sure it gets in the Phoenix & Orlando papers even if you have to pay for it.

Btw, a safe won't fit inside a wardrobe box. I know, I just moved & still have 3 sitting out in my garage to unpack. If your safe will fit in one it must be a very small safe. Guess who my mover was............... You guessed NAVL. & I'll never use them again. They didn't steal anything but a bigger bunch of morons you never met in your life. They moved my safe but not my guns.

Sorry to hear about your guns. :)

If you want to shoot in Mesa this Saturday, let me know. It would have to be .38 or .45 and 12 ga. Do you still have your leather?

• 2 weeks later...

To everyone answered my post Thank You to all of u Pards for your concerns

Now an Update.

Talked to the lead detective on tuesday,and this is where we are at.

Everybody in Orlando who needs to has a discription and serial numbers of all the weapons.

According to the detective everybody who knows of the shipment or came in contact with it

will be Poly-graph also reading between his lines I think he has a couple of suspects in mind,and as soon

as his investigation is over the ATF will be taking over the investigation, all serial numbers are in the NCIC data base.

As to the safe fitting inside a wardrobe box it will, the safes dimensions are 20"W,17" D and 55" H, all anyone would have to do

is not assemble the bottom of the box and close the top as normal and wha-la it slides right over the safe.

NAVL's Insurance department advised me also last tuesday that I can expect full settlement in 10 to 15 working days.(we'll see),also

remembered, there will be a small surprise if the guilty party deceides to torch open the safe, if you know what I mean. I had forgotten

that I packed something else in the safe that might go boom.

Sold my Motorcycle and i started to replace some of the guns so I can at least start shooting matches in Jan Or Feb 2011.

Well thats all from my bunkhouse for now, will keep you pards all posted if anything else happens.

Again thank you all

Take Care and Shoot Straight and STAY SAFE

Crooked Finger Pete

Sass #77259

Sorry to hear about your guns. :)

If you want to shoot in Mesa this Saturday, let me know. It would have to be .38 or .45 and 12 ga. Do you still have your leather?

Go West,

Thanks for the offer and no they did not get my leather, thank god

Best Regards

Crooked Finger Pete :ph34r:

Pete send a copy of the police report to the Orlando & Mesa offices of the FBI. Since it was stolen from an interstate shipment it's their purview. Also contact NAVL home office in Ft. Wayne, In. and inform them that they are going to pay full replacement costs of all your firearms & the safe, or they will next hear from your attorny, and that you will make sure it gets in the Phoenix & Orlando papers even if you have to pay for it.

Btw, a safe won't fit inside a wardrobe box. I know, I just moved & still have 3 sitting out in my garage to unpack. If your safe will fit in one it must be a very small safe. Guess who my mover was............... You guessed NAVL. & I'll never use them again. They didn't steal anything but a bigger bunch of morons you never met in your life. They moved my safe but not my guns.

Col. the safe will fit inside the wardrobe, the safe is only 55H,20W,and 17 D,all you have to do is not assemble the bottom and close

the top as normal and the box slides right over the safe,also the safe only weighs 137 pounds empty, it is small by some standards

but it was big enough for me.

You hit the nail right on the head, they are a bunch of morons,the only good guys they have are the drivers, at least that

was my experience

Best Regards

Crooked Finger Pete :)

What a horrible scenario. Suggest to the detective a "Sting Operation" on the moving company. Also see if there is a stone cutter in the area and if any employees have any contacts at such a business. They can bandsaw open a safe in short order with a big rock cutting saw. Hope you catch the scoundrels. Good hunting.

Archived