SASS Wire Forum

WOW! It's really fast!

Oklahomabound

Hi Oklahomabound,

I think you spoke too soon.

BTW, BH isn't responsible for the speed or lack thereof of the Wire.

Regards,

AM

I guess I'm laboring under false delusions!

Two of the Saloon members added RAM to thier computers and have found that the Wire is very fast now.

BH

I would opine that that is pure coincidence. I have 4 gigs of RAM in this laptop (cable modem) and everything else on the web is fast, but the Wire ranges from occasionally fast to ................................................................................

It has been absolutely dead for last two hours or more.

Dead slow you mean! I have been trying to logon for the last 2 hrs and just now got in.

There was definitely something bogging down SASS last night from about 7pm to 9pm Central time. It appears to be back to normal this morning so far.

The reason for the WOW is that I had a Geek Squad person come over and clean out computer and add RAM....

It is probably the hardware...but maybe not your hardware. There is a lot of stuff between here and there (although there is no "there" here on the Internet). Look "here" for a small slice of the problem:

http://www.internetpulse.net/Main.aspx?Sort=NumericWTB

In the grand scheme of things, Black Harris, IPBoard V2.3.5 and SASS are WAY down the list.

Closing your browser and trying again usually helps...unless you need more hardware.

Olen :lol:

Hi Olen,

I have new and fast stuff (Intel i7 and 6GB Ram) and it is slow for me. I have closed my browser and reopened. It doesn't seem to make a difference. It's rare that I have issues with other sites. So, it's definitely the SASS Wire Forum.

Regards,

Allie "practicing patience" until a solution is found" Mo

PS I think BH made a joke about the Saloon. :lol:

Hi Olen,

I have new and fast stuff (Intel i7 and 6GB Ram) and it is slow for me. I have closed my browser and reopened. It doesn't seem to make a difference. It's rare that I have issues with other sites. So, it's definitely the SASS Wire Forum.

Regards,

Allie "practicing patience" until a solution is found" Mo

PS I think BH made a joke about the Saloon. :lol:

There are significant differences in our physical locations which likely make a bigger difference in response time based on the network hardware. There are only a few minutes difference in our posts and I have no noticable delay signing in and posting.

This is very much a case of "your milage may vary".

Olen :angry:

Allie, you know your 'stuff' and betcha your a great cook also!

Right now trying to post or send a PM with with 4G Ram, I'd have a better chance watching water boil!

John Boy,

You may have me confused with someone else. I'm not much of a cook anymore.

Now, I'm going to make a cup of instant Starbucks coffee while this posts. :lol:

Regards,

Allie Mo

Archived