SASS Wire Forum

New Club at Park City, KY

Blackwater 53393

After a magnificent day at the Mose Spencer B.I.O. Turkey Shoot yesterday and an evening of comraderie and karaoke as well as some really fine banquet food, I returned home for a short rest and a clean-up and change of clothes. I hooked up with one of my favorite shooting and traveling companions, Will Reilly for an expedition to a new S.A.S.S. range and club.

If the first match at Park City, KY at the Park Mammoth Resort is any indication of things to come, folks we're in for a great future in S.A.S.S. in central Kentucky. The Rock Castle Rangers put on a great first match. Thanks to the Noble family for giving us this new facility and for their commitment to C.A.S.

People, they only started on a five stage, boardwalked, (soon to be a covered boardwalk) structure on Wednesday of this week and we shot five stages today!! There were golf carts supplied to the shooters to use for trips to and from the parking lot and a trailer to move gun carts and shooters up and down the hill from the parking area. This is a first shoot folks. There was a lunch served at the conclusion of the shooting and homemade chocolate cookies :D and cold drinks.

The Noble Brothers told us that they intend to make this one of the premeire shooting facilities in the nation and with 2,000 acres and a new 100 room hotel already open and working they are on their way. They are already listed in the affiliated clubs for Kentucky.

CHECK IT OUT!!

Folks Blackwater said it best CHECK IT OUT!! Yak and I made the short trip up to Rock Castle to shoot with them today and it was great. Going to be a great place to play cowboy for sure. Great location that is easy to find and right off 65. Lots of hoots and hollaring had by all. Great job all thanks. Bushrod

+1

This is shaping up to be a first rate facility and I am glad I was there for the inaugural! Thanks to the Rockcastle Rangers and hats off for the hard work to put this on today. I had a great time!!!!

Many took a group photo(s). Could someone post them?

My shots:

http://s489.photobucket.com/albums/rr252/g...mview=slideshow

GREAT FUN and the Noble's are great folks who love all kinds of shooting. I have a hankering to try the 1650 meter range one of these days.

Plus Shaddai and the Vaquero family and Bittercreek Jack have really helped them out a bunch.

Long drive home to Georgia but what a GREAT weekend Yazoo and I had with Mose n' Bella and the Spencer clan on Friday and Saturday the to go to Mammoth Cace Park and be the FIRST Black Powder Shooter to fire a round on the range. It made my day.

Judge

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You, to everyone that came and shot our first Match. We had a blast and have plans for more. We were given some advice for a few little changes, we will be working on them and working on the next phase as well. Shaddai and the Vaquero's

I just want to add my agreement with my shooting partners. Sure was fun and will be a great facility. You all have sure put in a lot of work and it shows.

I will be back

:FlagAm: Yes Sir, Yes Sir, First Class all the way. The range is less than 5 minutes off I-65. There is a 100 room lodge, a 75 spot camping facility, a golf course, "Guntown Mountain "Resort", restaurants galore, all within 15 minutes (and I mean 15 minutes) from the range. And, what a range....gorgeous piece of property...hard wood hills and ravines. The shooting facades are totally under roof with board walks, covered "sign-in" building; and, all run by Cowboys and Cowgirls that know what SASS is all about. We had a great time! "YEE-HAW!" Thanks to the Shadi, Perfecto, Jake, the Nobles for such a great day.....55 degrees - clear skies in late November...they must have friends in "HIGH" places. If you get a chance don't pass it up. :FlagAm::FlagAm:

I too had a great time, my thanks to everyone for making it possible. This is going to be a really great SASS range when completed with lots of atmosphere.

Thanks again

Brandon A.

+1

This is shaping up to be a first rate facility and I am glad I was there for the inaugural! Thanks to the Rockcastle Rangers and hats off for the hard work to put this on today. I had a great time!!!!

Many took a group photo(s). Could someone post them?

My shots:

http://s489.photobucket.com/albums/rr252/g...mview=slideshow

Hey Henry you need to get that camera checked out, I KNOW my butt ain't that BIG.

9 cowboys and girls drove from westren Tn. all morning to get to the new range. This ones gonna be a hit. If you love the parks ,deer, shoping, RV spots, golf,tennis and driving on the Interstate to get with in 5 minutes of the range. Go to Park City, Ky. Your gonna have a blast. Nick and Nate own the range and ready to do anything it take to make it happen. Tn. Tombstone has some video I think. They got an annual match comming up in April or May, 2011. Thanks Ya'll...... T-Bone

Man, had a blast! Just wish Whiskey creek felt like shootin. Sure hated leaving him in the R.V. while we were having such fun. He caught the flu... the night after Mose and Bella's turkey shoot!

Iron Maiden :rolleyes:

I think he just felt bad about runnin up my bar tab! :wacko: Seriously, I hope he's feelin better. Fannie Kicker and I had a blast as well.

Thank you everyone for coming by. I have some pictures, and should have more to come.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v216/jun...astleGroup1.jpg

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v216/jun...astleGroup2.jpg

Here is the Facebook album with more pictures.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1687...118566551541117

Hey Jack! I've got a couple of questions.

Have we got a place to look at scores yet?

Are you gyus comin' to Wartrace this weekend?

Have you got a date set for the annual match in the spring?

Guess that was actually three questions, huh??

Blackwater

Here is the Temp site for now.

http://rlsphoto.net/default.aspx

Is Wartrace shooting tomorrow I thought it was too cold?

The annual will be on Memorial Day Weekend.

Thanks Jack. Starting up a new club has gotta' be a lot of work. I had, (for me) two good days of shooting, and got to help kick start another new club. An all around good weekend. :)

Yeah, at Wartrace we shoot if the forecasted high is above 40 deg. This is the last month for 9:30 start time. Next month we'll move to the winter start time which is 10:30. Lunch will be served.

Hold me a vendors spot for the annual. :blink:

Archived