SASS Wire Forum

1860 Richards Transition Conversion

SIESTA, SASS #21303

Siesta I have Type II's just not in 44 special,although if I were to do it over I would go with them in 44 colt. They are great guns ,I had Happy Trails tune mine and don't have one single complaint. Adios Sgt. Jake

I think the pair I have are R/M Conversions and and they were only available in 44Colt at the time??? Though I have not used them very heavily, I do like them but I recently obtained two sets of unfinished Navy grip frames + wood to have fitted to them. Hopefully the money will come available next year to remake them into dream shooters. Not sure about models but mine were the earliest versions they imported.

I don't have one..........I have 2 :D:FlagAm:

Richards Type II transitions, .44 special, 8" barrels.

Actions are very smooth in both.

Have performed flawlessly so far.

I shoot .44 Russians in them, and you must aim at the bottom of the target to hit the center.

Anything specific you need to know?

Couple of other things I just remembered, which may have been corrected with the current guns.

The conversion ring was loose on some guns allowing it to turn and interfere with the hammer. The 3 that I personally have seen were 2 .45s and 1 .44.

The ejector rod was not the correct length, replacement were given for no cost.

I don't have one..........I have 2 :blush::lol:

Richards Type II transitions, .44 special, 8" barrels.

Actions are very smooth in both.

Have performed flawlessly so far.

I shoot .44 Russians in them, and you must aim at the bottom of the target to hit the center.

Anything specific you need to know?

Sgt. Eli

I thought you had at least one, but in .45 Colt. Bad memory on my part. I just wondered how they would hold up to shooting or if additional tuning or upgrading is required as the out of box cost is a bit pricey to start with. I would expect it to shoot any factory ammo. I love the look and I like the .44 Spl. Cal. as it would match that of my 73 rifle.

Yes, the first one I bought when they came out was in .45 Colt. It had a loose conversion ring, but also had a very nice action and an was excellent shooter.

I sold it, and recently purchased my current pair in .44, I think it is just a better caliber for the conversions.

Railroad Bill has shot a pair in .45 quite a bit with no problems.

My 44 special pair sporting 5 & 1/2 inch barrels are in 44 special. Cool thing about them is you can shoot 44 russian (i do), 44 colt or 44 special.

My 44 russian black powder loads do the trick out of them on any target if i do my part.

Mine hit point of aim and they wereantiqued and smoothed by the previous owner - Frio

One of my best purchases ever!

PR

Archived