SASS Wire Forum

BMC's Holiday Football Picks

Well readers,

I am going to give you a break this week and I am NOT going to make a selection.

The season is winding down and ramping up for the BCS Bowl games and there

are some conferences that have run out of schedule. So No picks this week.

That does not mean that there as not some very interesting games to watch, however.

The State of Oregon should be a hot house of Civil War. The Auburn/South Carolina

could get nasty, and even though there is little to play for except pride, the

Washington/Washington State game should be a good one.

I think the defeat of Alabama last week put an end to the thoughts of them playing

for the National Title, but I could be wrong. I am not sure that they will get a bowl bid or not.

You had a barn burner in your neck of the woods yesterday. OKlahoma beat Oklahoma State.

I am still trying to figure out how Auburn pulled it out.

It's one of those games where OSU showed up to play and OU showed up to win! OSU coulda, shoulda, but didn't again!

Well, the talking heads over at ESPN have all but put Auburn away for the season. They are talking up South Carolina and their wonderful defense. I think I will await the outcome on Saturday. Should be a good game to watch. The game with Oregon/Oregon State could be a good one also, if State decides to make life difficult for Mr. #1/2.

Some polls have Auburn over Oregon. Some not. Just shows how relaiable the polls can be.

Archived