SASS Wire Forum

'Tis the Season..............

Back 40 #23910 L

As my Wife and I walked into church this morning for Sunday Mass, the Knights of Columbus members were handing out some pin on buttons. The button said, "It's O.K. to say MERRY CHRISTMAS to me"

YES, I WILL BE WEARING IT PROUDLY!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Sweet 40!

Merry Christmas is fine with me. Sometimes, it depends on context. If Thanksgiving hasn't occurred Happy Holidays is okay and I like it too. IMO, you are wishing folks a happy Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year, Hannukkah, Orthodox Christmas, and all others that occur from November to January.

Just don't look down on folks who say Happy Holidays. Now, Holiday Tree is just wrong.

Merry Christmas Folks!

Allie Mo

Hi Sweet 40!

Merry Christmas is fine with me. Sometimes, it depends on context. If Thanksgiving hasn't occurred Happy Holidays is okay and I like it too. IMO, you are wishing folks a happy Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year, Hannukkah, Orthodox Christmas, and all others that occur from November to January.

Just don't look down on folks who say Happy Holidays. Now, Holiday Tree is just wrong.

Merry Christmas Folks!

Allie Mo

"Sweet 40" I like that!!!

Winter Solstice Holidays...

Because my last name ends with "-berg", I sometimes get wished a "Happy Hannukah". Short answer, "Thanks!" Long answer, "Actually, I'm Swedish, not Jewish, but I appreciate your good wishes!".

If I wish someone a "Merry Christmas!", and get a less than friendly reply, it's just "I meant well. Please accept my good wishes for you and yours". No one's ever had a negative reply after that....

Archived