SASS Wire Forum

2011 Schedule

JESSIE LYN , SASS #7989

Now that 2010 is winding down and 2011 is right around the corner it would be nice if the "annual events" site could be updated. Some of us still have bosses that like us at work once in awhile have need to schedule. I am on an 9-8-80nschedule and need to know if I want 1st and 3rd or 2nd and 4th.

Just a thought folks.

I'm not a board member of our club,but I still like going to the monthly board meetings.At our Nov meeting our board set all of our shoots for the year.Monthly shoots are the easy ones,we shoot 1st sunday and 4th saturday of each month.Along with putting those on the 2011 calendar they scheduled work days,Longest day shoot,WB and Long range shoots and our yearly State shoot.Have you contacted the clubs you like to shoot at to see if they've done the same?Most BIG shoots take a lot of long range planning.

mebe you can take a look back at what worked best the last few years ...and choose that way?

CC - that would be nice except the last couple of years folks have been rescheduling their annuals. I know what it takes to put on an annual so the planning is already in the works. Therefore, the dates have been set.

"I'm not a board member of our club,but I still like going to the monthly board meetings.At our Nov meeting our board set all of our shoots for the year.Monthly shoots are the easy ones,we shoot 1st sunday and 4th saturday of each month.Along with putting those on the 2011 calendar they scheduled work days,Longest day shoot,WB and Long range shoots and our yearly State shoot.Have you contacted the clubs you like to shoot at to see if they've done the same?Most BIG shoots take a lot of long range planning. "

I am a board member for one of our local clubs so I know what we are doing and the local clubs. We like to go to a couple of shoots that are out of the area or in different States.

I see Jess,

I reckon I dint say thet right---mebe got the thing all wrong, anyhoooo....

I meant look at YOUR OWN choices over the last few years to review wut turned out best for you before choosing their schedule.

Hey Whiney....we are thinking about heading up your way for a shoot or two. Got any dates yet?

Yes, Jessie, I had put this match on the events page,

I don't have all the details to add yet, But I always go to this match, we're havin' it on

June, 10th, 11th & 12th. ( this year ) 7th annual 'Battle of Rogue River',

We, bein' The Merlin Marauders, the range is located 60 miles north of the CA/OR border on I-5.

Side matches on Friday, Main Match shooting on Saturday & Sunday.

Should have an info flyer and registration form on our web site by mid December at

www.merlinmaraudercowboys.com

I will post more info on the events page when the last couple of things have been decided.

Hope that helps a little ?? Wimpy

Jan 15 - 16 Territorial Prison Breakot - Yuma, Az

Mar 12 - 13 Gathering of the Posses - Casa Grande, Az

April 15 - 16 Rukus at Red Rock - St George, Utah

April 30 - May 01 Best shoot by a Dam Site - Boulder City, Nv

July 15 - 16 - Utah SASS State Championship - Price, Utah

Sep 29 - Oct 01 Eldoado - Nevada State Championship - Boulder City, Nv

Nov 18 - 19 Defend the Roost - Ridgecrest, Ca

Well, lets see, I hope to make at least the following...

Monthlys

every 2nd Saturday Coyote Gulch Cowboys in Boulder, CO (April - September)

every 3 Saturday (and 5th when there is one) Pawnee Station in Wellington, CO

along with Cheyenne or Lake George on 1st Saturday now and then, Briggsdale, CO 4th Saturday, Sand Creek in Byers 4th Sunday and others now and then.

Annuals

Hell on Wheels Cheyenne, WY June 30-July 3

Shootout at Pawnee Station - Has been 3rd weekend in August in the past, haven't seen dates for 2011 yet.

Rocky Mountain Regional Raid, Byers, CO Was the 4th weekend of September this year, have not seen dates for 2011 yet.

Comin' at Cha English, TX Nov. 3-5 (I can't wait!!)

Hopefully someone with the clubs above will post and fill in the dates I didn't know.

Grizz

Hey Jessie,

Another match, and I'm 99.9% sure will be on these dates is

" Shootout at Saddle Butte " Shedd, OR. ( Albany )

Every year for 20 years or so, the Annual Match has been the 3rd Sunday in August

and that's where the calender would put it this year.

Always a Fun Match !!!

Wimpy

( I'm tryin' ta' find out some more Oregon dates ? )

OOWSS annual match will be on August 19-21 at Saddle Butte in Shedd, OR. I'm not sure if it's the state championship this year or not.

OOWSS annual match will be on August 19-21 at Saddle Butte in Shedd, OR. I'm not sure if it's the state championship this year or not.

Hey Ranger, THANKS !!! that be Pretty Stupid of Me, I meant ta' put those dates down in my post

:wacko:

It is NOT the Oregon State Championship Match this year, though I KNOW it will be FUN !!!

I've been goin' up there for over a dozen years, ( I have had ta' miss a couple over the years :rolleyes: )

also, I just got an e-mail from Frisco Nell, and The Fort Dalles Defenders 9th Annual 'Wasco County Shootout' will be held April 29th - May 1st

( this is a different weekend than last year ) That's at The Dalles, Oregon

If anyone wants the flyer and registraton form send me an e-mail at

lindholmbrothers@juno.com

I'll forward it to you..

I'm sure someone will be adding this one to the events page as well.

Wimpy

We had already talked about trying to make an Oregon match this year. We shot at Keno a couple of years ago. Well, that isn't right Sawmill shot it, I had my arm in a sling but still had a great time.

Hey Jessie, The Klamath Cowboys match at Keno has been on Labor Day Weekend, for most years

I was Club Marshal & Match Director there for the 1st 5 Annual matches,

and Tule Spud took over as MD when I stepped down after we did the Oregon State Match in 06'

Now I don't know what they are going ta' do this year, as Tule told me after last year

He said, He was goin' ta' step down, after this past one in ( 2010 ) ??

I'll let ya' know on that one, "Lead Daze at Linkville' as soon as I know something ?

Wimpy

I think 2006 was the year we were there....time goes by so fast!!! It was the State Championship. Thanks. Keep me informed.

Ya' know Jessie,

That's probably why I keep thinkin' I've met You, at some time, somewhere, and I can't ever seem ta' remember for sure where and when ?

Now, I would bet, that was where and when.. Things were a bit hectic for me at that match, Biggest one we ever put on, so ??

and then as we say, the older we get, the harder it is ta' remember ( and I'm only speakin' for myself on that )

Wimpy

You are pobably right. Oh, Allie was there.

Yep, that was the year Allie was there.

I really leaned on her to make it up that year, and She shot on my posse. I had always shot the match early, till that year,

and I had mostly Ladies shootin' with me, as their Husbands ( most of em ) were runnin' stages,

or they had came early to shoot early and then help out with all sorts of things.

Even though it was a little tough at times, I think the match was Great !!! and I Did Have A GREAT Time !!!

Jed I was on Sawmill's posse. As I said my hand was in a cast so I didn't shoot but I costumed and kept score. We had a great time. We have membership in a duck club near there so we stayed at the club and not at the range. Since then we got a covered wagon. Old #4 is really trying to get us up that way. We used to shoot with Molly B et ux when they were down this way. Bunch of the folks we shot with many years ago moved up that way.

Our State shoot for 2011 is July 8-10th.That's 12 stages,7 on saturday and 5 on sunday to accomidate people with longer distances to get out earlier after the awards.Last year we did side matches on the honor system.You and a pard can go shoot any side matches at your leisure and record the times and score on the honor system.Most people liked that because they didn't have to rush from 1 side match to another if they wanted to shoot more than 1 or 2.

Jed I was on Sawmill's posse. As I said my hand was in a cast so I didn't shoot but I costumed and kept score. We had a great time. We have membership in a duck club near there so we stayed at the club and not at the range. Since then we got a covered wagon. Old #4 is really trying to get us up that way. We used to shoot with Molly B et ux when they were down this way. Bunch of the folks we shot with many years ago moved up that way.

I would say the match at Merlin is the match to attend, ( June 10, 11, 12 )

Molly is the One who makes that match a Happening, and I am, Madly in Love that Gal !!! She is a Darlin' !!!

My Little Brother Dickie ( Ol #4 ) finally made it down ta' Merlin last year, shot in my posse, I have one every year,

well two years back was the exception, as that was when I was in the wheelchair, but I was there.

The Marauders Really Do a Great Job !!! I know You would enjoy that match !!

I Hope Ta' see Ya' there, and.. Maybe, Whiney en' Ma' en me will make Mill Creek this year ??

I'd Love ta' see Laylow, and Ivory Jack and others have been after me ta' make it down ta' Norco again.

We've not been there since the old EOT .

Wimpy

Archived