SASS Wire Forum

ivory grips?

sureshot2040

im in the market for a nice set of ivory grips

might consider imitation but they would have to be high grade imitation

not cheap plastic

these will be going on a fully engraved ruger vaquero so i want something special

would love to find someone who does some fine carving

would like to find a set with relief carved ruger logo on the grip like a colt eagle grip

might settle for schrimshaw

i would like to find some with an aged look to em

i know im probably looking for the holy grail here but worth a try

thanks

sureshot

Paul Persinger

10441 Mackinaw St.

El Paso, TX. 79924

915-821-7541

Artist that works in Ivory and makes grips. bought 3 sets of 1 piece Ivory grips from him so far, and am very happy with them. I would recommend him to everyone. Very competitively priced for Ivory and a skilled artist for carving, too.

There are others probably as good, but I know of Paul's work, and don't know of others in person.

Greeenriver

Jim Alaimo of Nutmeg Sports (do a Google search).

He's done ivory stocks for three different handguns I own.

I was pleased in every way with his work.

Edit: Here's a picture of two of the handguns he's made grips for:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b231/gso...SS/DSC05257.jpg

Guest jeweler jim

Get a hold of Raj at Eagle Grips. They won't be aged, but they will be the real thing and done very nicely.

On rare occasion he has some that were traded in that might work for some guns. Believe he recently cut some which would mean he will have more to choose from to do your work.

I second Greeenriver's recommendation for Paul Persinger. I'm not sure about your Ruger, but I know with a Colt Single Action, he can accomplish the fitting with your grip frame and trigger guard. What that means is that you save a considerable amount of $$$ by not having to ship the whole gun to him. His work is excellent.

Regards, TJH

Ivory grips

I suggest Boone Traders in Washington. (Boonetrading.com) They have poly ivory for about $40 and real elephant ivory for about $400. You can also get Colt or Ruger medallions installed pretty cheap.

good shootin

curley

I've had good luck with Bar S Grips at http://www.truivory.com/ They have any aged configuration you might want in a synthetic grip and also carry the real thing. Smithy.

Take a look at this website: outlawgrips.com. I have two of his ivory grips on my Schofields and am very pleased with his work. He has new look, aged look, lots of bark (grain) or very little, and pictures on his website of work he has done.

Archived