SASS Wire Forum

Cowboy Club in or near St. Cloud Minnesota

My son-in-law has just taken a Chaplain job in St. Cloud and expects to start around the first of the year. I need to find out about Cowboy Clubs in the area so when my and I visit I can shoot a match, hopefully spring or summer.

Thanks for your help.

Randy

Cedar Valley Vigilantes, home of the Minnesota State Championship. Contact Mogollon Drifter. Morristown, MN.

Randy, it is a great club and a great range. I shot and vended at their state match this year and was impressed with their range the facility as a whole and the hospitality is great!

Well, Look no further!! Granite City Gunslingers, shoot 2nd & 5th Saturdays of the month April thru October!!

Plus "Smoke In The Quarry", MN St. BP Shootout at the end of July too!!

Shoot location: Kimball Gun Club, Kimball, MN. All that you need to know on the GCG web site at: www.granitecitygunslingers.com

Let you be warned, You gonna have a great time!

Amen straight

Blackwater and Amen, thanks for the info.

Also does anyone how the gun laws are in Minnesota? Want to see if I have to jump through any hoops if I travel and if they can still have a trusty double barrel by the bed?

Thanks

Randy

Randy, give me a call tomorrow. I'll get you hooked up!

You shoulda' gone to Park City today!

My son-in-law has just taken a Chaplain job in St. Cloud and expects to start around the first of the year. I need to find out about Cowboy Clubs in the area so when my and I visit I can shoot a match, hopefully spring or summer.

Thanks for your help.

Randy

Besides the Granite City group there is the Crow River Rangers, we shoot at the I4I Range, near Howard Lake (not too far from St. Cloud). We shoot the first Sunday of the month May through Oct. We have a get together in April watch our website for the date.

http://www.crowriverrangers.com/

Boulder Canyon, thanks for the info, looks like a good crowd at matches.

Blackwater, I had to work Sunday, hopefully I'll get off to shoot and see ya at the match Saturday.

Thanks

Randy

Randy, I've shoot at both the Granite City and Cedar Valley Clubs. Great clubs with good people. Cedar Valley club ( about two hours south of St Cloud) is the home of Coyote Cap ( got to shoot with him this summer) and Mogollon Drifter. Plus they have a huge gun shop on site. Plan a trip during MN State Championship if you can for a great shoot. Marshal Morgun

• 4 months later...

Well it is about time to think about a trip, just have to figure out how much hassle it is to fly with guns and ammo.

Randy

I haven't flown unto mnpls st paul in three years but they used to be really good about it. I have a carry permit for mn and a conceal carry for utah. Used to fly three times a year between the two for school. Never had a problem. Id call the airport if you have? 'S hope it helps

Evil

As an alternative to flying with guns and ammo you could contact Ahlman's gun shop in Morristown, MN (right on the Cedar Valley Range) and make arrangements with them to ship your guns and ammo to them and pick them up when you arrive. They are a full service gun shop with an FFL, so you won't have any problems.

MN gun laws require that firarms be unloaded and cased in a motor vehicle, thats about it.

They are easy enough to comply with, no restrictions in your home. MN is a big hunting state.

As you have been told Granite City Gunslingers by Kimball is the closest. Kimball is just south of St.Cloud about 20miles. Crow River Rangers is the next closest about 30 miles farther south then Kimball. Cedar Valley is going to be about 150 miles south of St.Cloud. There is also a Club in Kindred, North Dakota that would't be much farther away then the Cedar Valley Club.

I have only shot with Granite City Gunslingers and Crow River Rangers, but do plan to shoot with the others some day. There are also some people that have some informal shoots not to far from St. Cloud.

I haven't flown with firearms for years but I don't see that it would be a problem, the way that the airport is set up. I think that it would be easier to fly with your firearms then to ship them to Ahlmans, as Ahlmans is way out of the from the Airport to St.Cloud. If you want to ship your firearms I am sure that you could have them shipped to a dealer in St.Cloud

Well, Look no further!! Granite City Gunslingers, shoot 2nd & 5th Saturdays of the month April thru October!!

Plus "Smoke In The Quarry", MN St. BP Shootout at the end of July too!!

Shoot location: Kimball Gun Club, Kimball, MN. All that you need to know on the GCG web site at: www.granitecitygunslingers.com

Let you be warned, You gonna have a great time!

Amen straight

120 miles to the Wisconsin Old West Shootists range. Shooting second Sunday and fourth Saturday. Home of the Wisconsins state Blackpowder and SASS championships. Info on our website www.wowsinc.org

Lookinf forward to meeting new (to us) cowboys. :excl:

Archived