SASS Wire Forum

Help Requested?

Maggie Hunter

:wacko: I checked on the wire because I thought Bud had already posted something .....

Early yesterday morning, Badlands Bud's truck was stolen and used to back through the wall of a jewelry store in San Diego ...

When he noticed the truck was missing, before 9:30 am, and reported it stolen, he was told it had already been recovered and

was in the impound yard, but the case had not been assigned to a detective yet, so nobody could touch the truck or inform him

whether the tool box had been breached - which contained his CAS guns ... We found out late this evening - and Bud told me he

had already posted something on the wire, but I couldn't find it - that the tool box had, indeed, been pried open and his CAS guns

are gone ... Winchester 1897, Cimarron repro 1873 and a pair of Ruger Vaqueros with consecutive serial #s ... SDPD has all serial

numbers, detailed descriptions, including all modifications made and engraving - the Vaqueros had his alias engraved on the

back-straps - and were the ones his dad and I bought for his 10th birthday (and the dealer we bought them through went way

beyond the call of duty to get consecutive serial numbers) ...... It breaks my heart to have these guns missing ...

We'd appreciate y'all keeping your eye out for his guns if they ever turn up ...

Beyond that, the ignition of the truck - a 2000 Ford F250 Super Duty diesel with a 6-speed manual tranny - was punched out, which

means that, even though he will be allowed to take posession of the truck tomorrow sometime (Wednesday 11/23), he will have to

have it towed to somewhere that the ignition can be repaired - along with any other repairs that may be required.

I'm appealing to any of you all in the San Diego area that may be in a position to assist Bud in getting his truck towed and repaired -

he has CSAA towing within 100 miles, but it would be really great if we could find some place that won't cost him a trimester's tuition

to do the required repairs ...

You all have always been a great family for our kids, and we never forget all you've done for them ...

Maggie Hunter

SASS # 8974L

TG, California Shady Ladies :wacko:

Dammit. Now that really sucks big time. I remember when he got those Rugers. He was beaming from ear to ear. I hope they find them and the other stuff too really quick. I keep thinking of how close his college is to the border and I get the shudders.

I know Bud has character and then some, but I hope he can take a loss like this in stride. Well, let's hope the local police can pull off a capture of his guns and the ones that took them and his truck real soon.

Chin up Bud.

Sorry to hear of loss . . . . leaving guns in truck not wise . . . tool box will be pried by thief to get tools . . . and then they figure they HIT THE JACKPOT when they find GUNS in it. I have the NRA insurance that covers my guns for replacement anywhere and everywhere they may be.

Bud got the truck back this morning - it's being towed to a near-by Ford dealer to get the ignition fixed. I can only hope the thieves were stupid enough to leave behind lots and lots of fingerprints ... and that they get caught before they have time to ditch the guns. I'm not sure, at this point, if Bud's NRA membership is up-to-date. He only has liability on the truck. And no renter's insurance (don't know of any college students that do) ...

Thanks for all your good wishes on Bud's behalf.

Maggie

That really stinks. I know Bud has gone through a lot of shotguns and probably a few rifles, but having those Rugers since he was a kid makes them pretty special with all that he has accomplished with them. Hope everything works out. Smokin Gator

In regards to the NRA insurance, in the new Dec. issue on page 78, is an on-line offer of a free increase on your free

policy. Looks like an ad you may pass over.

Hellfire

Apparently, body damage to the truck wasn't too bad - it's a big beast, and the wall the thieves backed into was apparently mostly glass. They did punch the ignition, and that is being repaired. The tool box may be a loss, though, because they had to pry it open. I don't really know for sure, because I haven't seen it.

We haven't heard anything on the guns.

Again - thank you all for your concern on Bud's behalf.

Maggie

I think i would post a video on the local news channel,bring back my gun or else,i have more :blush: Always leave you cell phone in your vehicle,the idiot will use it to call thier buddies,then call your provider later and get the numbers called.Did it when they stole my truck,i called my number and talked to the guy that stole it and his buddies,got addreses and everything,but they would not arrest him,cuase they did not see him driving the vehicle.I did tell him i was saving his address in case i came down with a terminal disease.

Maggie, is Bud living in a dorm or off campus apartment or house? It makes a big difference. If he's living on campus and registered using your home address then he is still under your home owner's policy & his guns should be covered. When I was in the AF someone went in my barracks room & stole some things whie I was on leave. My parents insurance replaced what was stolen.

Maggie, is Bud living in a dorm or off campus apartment or house? It makes a big difference. If he's living on campus and registered using your home address then he is still under your home owner's policy & his guns should be covered. When I was in the AF someone went in my barracks room & stole some things whie I was on leave. My parents insurance replaced what was stolen.

Bud is living in an off-campus apartment. I assume he registered using his dad's address. I'll have him look into that. Even if insurance covers replacement, there's still the history and sentimental value, especially those Vaqueros.

btw - Bud just started working at a gun shop down there - I don't know the name of it, yet, tho, but it's close enough to where he lives that he can walk.

Archived