SASS Wire Forum

NO CATEGORY

Guest Major Attitude #15562L

I believe we know what you are saying. It is just that we don't accept it as "logical." Let me explain: Cowboy Action Shooting is a game. Since it is a game, by definition it is a competition. Every game ever created has some type of scorekeeping method. Every game. CAS is no different. What is different in CAS is how the individual participant competes. Many compete to be the top shooter in a respective category. Others compete to shoot the match clean. And still others compete to do better than they did last year, or last month or last week. And finally, there are those shooters who compete against Death. They shoot because they are alive and they can. With that said, there still is a method of keeping score and rules to follow.

You want to compete. From what you've posted, you want to be able to show up and shoot, because you are still able to do so. Fantastic! Contact the regional match (that type of match you specifically mentioned) you want to attend and discuss your situation. See what they will do or not do.

I've been in this game for nearly two decades and I can't tell you how many times this topic has come up. "I just want to show up and shoot what I have." Or "I don't want to compete, I just want to shoot so I don't want to be timed." If you don't want to be timed, then go to the practice range. A SASS match is a competition so therefore it will be timed.

Good luck to you. I admire your drive.

Steeldust Dan

Major Attitude,

Go re-read Post 18. You've been given advice on how to proceed. We all want you to pursue your dream. Stop fighting us.

Good luck,

Steeldust Dan

I’m not fighting with you or anyone else. I was just expressing my first amendment rights of “Free Speech“. I was trying to make a point. In fact I sent an e-mail to Wild Shot to see what the Wild Bunches’ take is on the subject.

.I thought I was conversing with people with varied opinions. I do believe communications require exchanges of ideas and opinions? Am I wrong?

Now I will admit that this answer is a bit on the Smart A$$ side, but than I wouldn’t be Major Attitude if I didn’t push back when need be.

If you don't want to be timed, then go to the practice range. A SASS match is a competition so therefore it will be timed.

Good luck to you. I admire your drive.

Steeldust Dan

Thank you for the complement, but my handicap is not leprecy. So why should I go play by myself.

I know I’m a pain in the A$$. But if I had rolled over and played dead when the doctors told me I had 5 years to live (1997) than perhaps I wouldn’t be here. I’m quite sure some of you wish that was the case, so I wouldn’t be here now. The thing is I don’t give up, I can’t give up. One thing life has taught me, if I don’t fight for myself now body is going to do it for me.

I probably will never shoot a regional, but I would like for it to be my derision, not someone else’s. I did go to End of Trail in 2002 and volunteered for a week. My help was appreciated. And if it wasn’t for me you all would have died of thirst.

I don’t want anybodies pity; in fact if you do I’ll smack you upside the head. :unsure: I just want the opportunity to enjoy the game in a fashion too witch I am able to, with limited additional difficulties.

And don’t post my time.

My only handicap is a few aches and pains and my fumble fingers trying to transition or load the shotgun. I haven't baan at this very long and shoot last place in my catagory every time. I like to have my score posted so I'll know when I start to improve. I guess I'm lucky shooting where I do, because they also have a rimfire shoot on the day before the regular match and it has an open catagory where you can shoot just about anything. That's where I got my start until I managed to get all the required guns. The people I've met in this sport so far seem to be very accommodating. I believe if I asked that my score not be posted they would work with me. Asking for them to change the rules at a major event may be asking too much. I guess you need to realize that the SASS rules were in place before you joined. I agree that the local clubs should make exceptions, but they really can't at the major matches. Maybe you could find other like minded persons and start another club. Who knows, it could become bigger than SASS. They started with just a few people with an idea.

Guest Paniolo Cowboy SASS #75875
If I'm reading right, you have no problem shooting handguns. Come to the TN/KY black power Smoke Out in Oct. We will have an Outlaw Josey Wales where you can use 5 Handguns. 2 regular. 2 for rifle, and one for shotgun.

5 handguns, 2 rifles, and a shotgun? Is that during one match or just one stage? :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

Well I am not sure if anyone mentioned this but SASS has in their rule structure that accomidations can be made for folks with medical/health issues. We had a gentlemen (sorry Judge) that had shoulder surgery and when he was able to get out and about he shot with us using pistols only. This is not the only time that accomidations have been made. If you just contact the folks where you are headed I am sure you will find that accomidations will be made for you. I know that we will at our matches.

5 handguns, 2 rifles, and a shotgun? Is that during one match or just one stage? :)

No, that is 5 handguns ONLY, Zero rifles, zero shotgun.

2 pistols for the pistol strings.

2 pistols for the rifle string.

And 1 pistol for the shotgun targets.

Major

If I am reading you correct, you want to know how your situation would work on the regional level??. If I am reading you right, I can tell you that if you call T-Bone and tell him you want to shoot the SW Regional, and tell him your concerns, you would probably have ALL your wishes come true...........YES, at a regional.

I love your attitude, and yes I see what you would like, and I think that all you have to do is ask, and the great people of SASS will be glad to help. I hope you continue to have a great time and good luck.

Two Gun

Archived