SASS Wire Forum

How many Clubs do you belong to and support?

Guest Paniolo Cowboy SASS #75875

Guest Winchester Jack, SASS #70195

I belong to the 2 clubs closest to my home, the Chorro Valley Regulators and the Pozo River Vigilance Committee. I like shooting at both although the summer heat makes Pozo a challenge at times. Great people at both clubs.

Badlands Bar 3. Only miss a few a year there. Try to make everyone.

It is 1 1/2 hours away. But they have hook-ups and we will take camper most months.

Try and hit Oakwood Outlaws when I can. Will go there a lot more this year.

And try and hit it every month as wife says with new camper she wants to go more

and likes Oakwood also. We will join there again this year.

It is 3 hours away. They have hook-ups also. So plan to hit there alot this year.

Try to hit CVV-LSFSC 4-5 times a year if I can.

It is 2 1/2 hours away. This is just a day trip. Don't camp there.

Not members but try and get there when we can.

There is a club closer. But don't really shoot there.

Also try and hit a lot of other clubs annuals.

Off the top of my head. Will shoot at around 9-10 different clubs at least once durning the year.

Some will be 7-9 hours away. A few around 12 hours away.

Wish I could hit more. Life gets in the way sometimes.

But this year. Between Bar 3 and Oakwood. That will be two full weekends as they shoot both days.

Thats about all I can handle. The others will be family time with kids and grandson.

It is 1 1/2 hours away. But they have hook-ups and we will take camper most months.

And try and hit it every month as wife says with new camper she wants to go more

It is 3 hours away. They have hook-ups also. So plan to hit there alot this year.

Off the top of my head. Will shoot at around 9-10 different clubs at least once durning the year.

But this year. Between Bar 3 and Oakwood. That will be two full weekends as they shoot both days.

Thats about all I can handle. The others will be family time with kids and grandson.

Wow Al...

change that to "granddaughter" and I could have written it!!!!

even the part about the club that's closer :-<

There are two clubs within an hours drive. Unfortunately, one only lets there members shoot the regular weekend shoots and they are very restrictive about who gets to join.

The other has a 2 year waiting list to join and I was told the other day that unless you are invited by a current member you cannot shoot in there regular weekend shoots.

The only other clubs that I know of are over 2 hours away.

This means that I have to do most of my shooting at other ranges that I can go to. Unfortunatly, its paper only.

I really do envy those of you who have clubs within an hour and that let you shoot whenever you want too.

There are two clubs within an hours drive. Unfortunately, one only lets there members shoot the regular weekend shoots and they are very restrictive about who gets to join.

The other has a 2 year waiting list to join and I was told the other day that unless you are invited by a current member you cannot shoot in there regular weekend shoots.

This means that I have to do most of my shooting at other ranges that I can go to. Unfortunatly, its paper only.

I really do envy those of you who have clubs within an hour and that let you shoot whenever you want too.

a SASS club that restricts membership?

is that common?

I've never heard of that. Not in this part of Texas. Most clubs are thrilled to get new shooters.

Well now,

That just doesn't sound like the Cowboy Way. It sounds more like a country club. :FlagAm:

Hope they see this and reconsider.

Regards,

Allie Mo

• 4 weeks later...
I actually belong to one club that I pay dues to. The Wolverine Rangers. This is a statewide club consisting of most of the clubs in MI., and the one that puts on the MI State shoot. I try to semi-regularly shoot with the Rockford Regulators, in Rockford, MI., and the Mason County Marshals in Scottville, MI. Most years, I shoot almost as much with the Shady Creek Shootests over to Monmouth, IL., as I do any MI. club, and more or less, consider myself a member of that club. No dues, but anyone that shoots there is considered a member. In the winter, I try to shoot a few clubs in NC., as well.

About all I contribute to the clubs is comic relief when I shoot. :):):FlagAm:

Greeenriver

Do you ever shoot at Cross Creek Cowboys in Wagram, NC? I have family in that SASS Club,(Bo Harley McRide), an' my dear sweet 'Darlin Dave' is a lifetime member there though we live on the West Coast....Cross Creek Cowboys was his introduction to SASS. He has taken to it quite well! -_- He is a member of three SASS Clubs. I am a member of two.

A Happy Safe Holiday Season to All,

Ima Lotatrubl :P

Guest diablo slim shootist

Still wonder why you dont shoot at that closer club-are they not fun or gamey enough.PM me if you want. :FlagAm:

Still wonder why you dont shoot at that closer club-are they not fun or gamey enough.PM me if you want. :FlagAm:

The club is by far closer by over an hour each way than any club I shoot.

There are some really nice people there.

But the clubs philosophy (sp??) on SASS shooting was not what I was looking for.

So I moved on to a club that was.

Would be glad to sit and talk with them about it any time.

Guest diablo slim shootist
The club is by far closer by over an hour each way than any club I shoot.

There are some really nice people there.

But the clubs philosophy (sp??) on SASS shooting was not what I was looking for.

So I moved on to a club that was.

Would be glad to sit and talk with them about it any time.

I think you might find that has changed ;)or maybe you dont think it has yet-some are certainly working hard in that direction.

How many Clubs do you belong to? Member of 4 clubs. Founding member of Central Ozarks Western Shooters (COWS) and annual member of Southern Missouri Rangers (SMR), Moniteau Creek River Raiders (MCRR) , and Ozarks Posse. Home club is 20 miles from home, SMR is slightly over an hour away & the other two are a little over 2 hours away.

How do you balance your support between clubs in your area? I'm the TG, rangemaster, prop master, stage writer, janitor and gardener for COWS and TG for MCRR. Support of the other two clubs is in the form of dues and monthly/annual match fees.

Do you have many clubs to chose from? Yes, there are five other CAS clubs within a 3 1/2 hour drive from me.

Do you just go with the club nearest to you or do you first check it out to see the way they set up their targets and design their stage scenarios? Distance doesnt factor in to attending matches outside Missouri. I've attended matches in OK, KS, IA, WY, TN and IL. Friendliness, safety, stage setup, and the fun factor plays a bigger part in whether I will return for subsequent monthlies or annuals.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

I think you might find that has changed ;)or maybe you dont think it has yet-some are certainly working hard in that direction.

I did go back and shoot there a few months ago. And had a good time.

Yes. It had changed some. And for the better IMHO.

And I do think some are clearly working to change things. And that is a good thing.

But I did have some concerns, that bothers me a great deal.

Maybe it is just me that those things bother. But don't think so. But see them as things that clubs must do

to keep people coming back.

Of course this is just my opinion.

Archived