MMJ#89586

Guest diablo slim shootist

I got a brilliant idea! Some one needs to talk to Long Hunter and

see if he can git USFA to make a Merwin Hulbert clone :rolleyes: and drop

the omni impotent line :blush:

I got a brilliant idea! Some one needs to talk to Long Hunter and

see if he can git USFA to make a Merwin Hulbert clone :blush: and drop

the omni impotent line :wacko:

They are probably dropping the Omni in the next few months. I tried to order one yesterday and they would not take the order because the fact that they were probably stopping Omni production.

I wish C Sharps made a nice t-shirt too...like the ones that have a small logo on the front left and a larger logo on the back. I hate big logo's on the front.

GG ~ :wacko:

While in possession of an FFL for a number of years I used to frequent the annual Shot Shows only when they were in Las Vegas and once in Dallas. Every year I would take a satchel with me just for literature and "trinkets" which ran the gamut from T-Shirts, coffee cups, hats, toy crossbows, and you name it. I never came back empty handed nor disappointed from a Shot Show. The worst thing for a vendor to do was to pay all those entry fees and then to not have any literature or trinkets to hand out and it didn't matter how good his/her product was. I saw a nifty item one year, a semi auto crossbow, but the maker had nothing to pass out and was between facilities so he couldn't even give a number out. A guy with a great product but very unprepared. If you look though at who was passing stuff out vs. who needed to pass stuff out one would be quite surprised. All the big manufacturers were johnny on the spot with trinkets like Ruger, S&W, Glock, Weatherby, Mossberg etc. Now you know as well as I that none of those folk need to advertise in this fashion but I think it was being given out for existing owners to show their brand loyalty more than anything else. Smithy.

MMJ,

I hear ya, Pard. Being a Colt man I enjoy the trinkets, I wear the baseball cap with the company logo. I have been shopping for a coffee cup with the factory logo and swear my morning coffee would taste better out of such a cup. I wear the logo when I'm not shooting because logos are better received in public than open carry in places like WalMart.

Posts of the internal works of USFA are very interesting. I love Colt's but some of the factory history just makes me shake my head. Don't give up.

Silver

• 1 month later...

Was any ordinary pard ever able to possess an Omni?

I had one. Sent it back to the factory for repairs four times. They never could fix it. If you fired it the cylinder pin would jam in place and be virtually impossible to remove.

Finally I asked Gary Reeder (Reeder Custom Guns) what the problem was. He said that the metal in the cylinder pin was way too soft.

Archived