SASS Wire Forum

Do you know where your Commander in Chief is?

Brother King, SASS #69031

:rolleyes: NO COMMENTS NECESSARY :rolleyes:

I call BS. Foreign visits are a big part of any President's job. Obama, whatever you think of him, is doing his job.

Ayup.

Pomp and circumstance is part of the job, particularly in places where pomp and circumstance are still important. If that means you rent the entire Taj Mahal then that's what you do.

I'm not at all fond of the man, but he is and will be CinC until the voters decide otherwise.

For all you Obama Haters you'll just have to suck it up and live with it.

SQQ

Ayup.

Pomp and circumstance is part of the job, particularly in places where pomp and circumstance are still important. If that means you rent the entire Taj Mahal then that's what you do.

I'm not at all fond of the man, but he is and will be CinC until the voters decide otherwise.

For all you Obama Haters you'll just have to suck it up and live with it.

SQQ

Well I am a hater...but I do agree when P&C is called for...you must do the P&C.....Then again is this realy the right time for him to be spending that kind of money on a party?

President Obama in our military's commander-in-chief as well as being our chief executive officer. Part of his job is to represent our nation with other nations, and the other nations don't necessarily follow our schedule of holidays. The G-20 Summit is in Korea, and that's where the president belongs.

That didn't stop he and his wife from celebrating veterans day with the troops.

The Obamas' plans for Veterans' Day included the president visiting troops in Korea and his wife at Ramstein Air Base.

Good post and highly related to this posting site.

:rolleyes: Thanks... it's Veterans' Day. And I wholeheartedly agree. :rolleyes:

Hello Folks,

I don't like or trust Obama. I'm very worried about the direction he is taking our country. That said, MMJ is correct. SASS doesn't want a Political Forum. This type of post is highly political and as a result very divisive.

SASS is, has been, or will be an important part of our lives. I'd hate to see friendships tarnished by differing views (or lack of tact in stating them) on politics or religion. We get all the strife we need on discussions directly relating to our SASS experiences. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sincerely,

Allie Mo

Guest Paniolo Cowboy SASS #75875

:rolleyes: NO COMMENTS NECESSARY :rolleyes:

He needed to go to the G-20 Summit. He could have flown there from here just as any other Executive Officer would have had to do to get to a meeting or conference.

Let's be honest here, the rest of this trip is just a trip for him and his family. There is no need for the President to rent the entire Taj Mahal and stay in the lap of luxury in India and Jakarta, especially while Americans are out of work and his economic policies are putting thousands in peril of losing their homes.

He could rein in the self-indulgent frivolous spending in light of how times are tough here in America.

To me, it's sort of throwing things in the face of those who aren't doing as well. Nothing like sitting at a grand banquet in your honor while Americans are having to scrape by.

The cost of operating Air Force One is $68,000 per hour of flight. Prior to President Obama the Pentagon spent approximately $200 Million on travel expenses for the President and his top aides. President Obama has doubled that.

Many people have this impression that it's only Air Force One when the President travels. There are also, two C-5s that accompany Air Force One with everything from a mobile hospital and ambulance in case the President becomes ill to a fleet of cars and vans including the President's limo and Security Detachments and their vehicles.

It's not just let's hop a flight to India. It cost in the millions of dollars.

Going to the G-20 is part of his job.

Archived