SASS Wire Forum

Quick Cal

I guess by now most of the shooting world knows, as it was posted on the Gunfighter Forum, but early Sunday morning, Quick Cal, aka Cal Eihlrich, slipped in his home and, well, basically, broke his neck and is in a Halo Device...Thank God, He is not paralyzed and has not lost any motor function, but has a long recovery ahead of him

I really didin't want to post this, but a friend of mine told me it was already 'common knowledge since it was posted on the Gunfighter Forum earlier.So that's about it for now.He may be coming home from Hospital in a day or 2 , but has lots of tests and rehab ahead.

I spoke with his daughter about 30 minutes ago at the hospital.

Will keep the Wire informed.

But for now, All the best to Cal , Dinah, CJ and Erica, for a speedy, complete and 100% recovery!

My most heartfelt emotions go out to Cal..a Great Friend, an even Better Cowboy, and a great all around 'Good Guy' and a Shooter's Best friend!

As Cal would say..."Hit 'Em Fast!"

Get well soon, Pard.

11/3/10 UPDATE:

Erica, Cal's daughter just called me and Cal is coming home from the hospital today.They have installed a special hospital bed at home, and Cal will be in the Halo for at least 2 months, at which time they will do another CAT scan to determine whether or not surgery is warranted.

Otherwise, Cal was walking on his own today and is doing as well as can be expected.

I'm sure just being at home will speed up his recovery.

I will keep the Wire Posted as to Cal's condition as I receive new information from Cal's family.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck Cal, you're rooting for ya.

12 and Pat

Prayers up from Texas for Cal and all his family and friends.

Prayers up for our pard Quick Cal. Anything like that is serious stuff. A fast recovery would be good or he is liable to drive Alotta Lead to distraction.

Get well real fast Cal.

Thank God that his is doing so well!

What a shock!

We'll be praying for his full recovery and getting through the rehab.

WOW..... Tupelo and now CAL..... ;)

I'm in shock!.... Thanks for letting us know. Cal is a good friend. I'll not bother Dinah with calls, but will certainly put Cal on my prayer list.

Snakebite

Agree, this is a real shocker. Prayers will certainly be offered for speedy healing and comfort to Dinah and family.

Shoprty,

Thanks for posting, I hadn't heard but will keep him in my prayers and thoughts.

Get well Cal!

Ol' #4

†Prayers up for a quick recovery†

WOW! This is really sad news. What a shocker this news is to read.

Get better real soon, QC.

I hadn't heard this, either; thanks for the news and, all things considered, I'm delighted to hear the update.

Please express my best to Cal, and my hopes for a speedy and complete healing.

Sincerely,

Frederick Jackson Turner

Archived