SASS Wire Forum

Ambush 2011

Well boys I got good news and bad news. Good news is we got all the steel setup and everything ready for the shoot thru today. Bad news is we decide to paint the targets green and brown and set them back near the tree line. :P:lol:

Ok, ok. :rolleyes: I tried to but nobody else would go along with it. :wacko:

Did get to see my Posse list and ain't sure what them folks did wrong this past year, to get stuck with me, but it must have been badddddddd! :lol: Got so many blackpowder shooters on Posse 3 folks will think we've set the stage on fire!!

POSSE the 3!! The Intimidators!! :lol::PB)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got so many blackpowder shooters on Posse 3 folks will think we've set the stage on fire!!

Quigley, I think ya'll ought to be called the Firemen....all that smoke ya'll gonna leave behind. Ima hopin' our posse shoots just a bit in front of ya'll sos we'll be able ta see those camo targets! Maybe we can knock off some of that paint so ya'll will be able to make them out. :)

With ole CC out in front of us a'shootin Outlaw style he'll get us a good start on knockin' off that paint!!

If'n they smoke up the place we will just call tha far dept.

Quigley don't ever call me devious agin'.(settin'brown 'n green targets agin' the wood line)

Just wait till you see the side match 22 targets. You are gonna have a little Bertha. :lol::lol::lol:

Did get to see my Posse list and ain't sure what them folks did wrong this past year, to get stuck with me, but it must have been badddddddd! :lol: Got so many blackpowder shooters on Posse 3 folks will think we've set the stage on fire!!

If the posse list is ready any chance it could be linked here? It's not a big deal, just curious who I'll be shooting with.

I just got in from the range, it looks good. All clean and everything nice and neat. Targets are big and close, just like I like em.

News Flash!!!!!!

Seems Ol' LSC was Practicingtoday fer the .22 side match. when he was in Jawja he got the exact dimensions of the CC targets. Well he was practicing and got cockey and called me over there and said "Hey hold my beer and watch this!" Y'all ain't going to believe this but Ol' LSC took his Sharps 45-70 385 gr. bullets and was shooting these little chickens at 100 yds and sending them into the woods. I'm talking knocked them plum off the chains. He said he figured if he could hit em with that a .22 would be noooooooo problem. Well anyway we spent most of the afternoon searching fer the targets never did find the bluebird target.

After all this he says to me where's my beer ya was holding all I could say was BURP :lol::lol::lol:

Give him a Cigar He hit the bell too. Yep we now have a small replica of the Liberty Bell (crack and all)

I just got in from the range, it looks good. All clean and everything nice and neat. Targets are big and close, just like I like em.

News Flash!!!!!!

Seems Ol' LSC was Practicingtoday fer the .22 side match. when he was in Jawja he got the exact dimensions of the CC targets. Well he was practicing and got cockey and called me over there and said "Hey hold my beer and watch this!" Y'all ain't going to believe this but Ol' LSC took his Sharps 45-70 385 gr. bullets and was shooting these little chickens at 100 yds and sending them into the woods. I'm talking knocked them plum off the chains. He said he figured if he could hit em with that a .22 would be noooooooo problem. Well anyway we spent most of the afternoon searching fer the targets never did find the bluebird target.

After all this he says to me where's my beer ya was holding all I could say was BURP :lol::lol::lol:

Give him a Cigar He hit the bell too. Yep we now have a small replica of the Liberty Bell (crack and all)

Such a cock and bull story I never heard before in my life!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

First off, I know it's agin' the rules ta drink 'n shoot. BW, you r full 'uv it.

I noticed you wuzzen't shootin'. Huh? If you r tryin' ta skeer me-------well, ok! :wacko::wacko: I'm shakin' so bad I won't hit a thang. Just be pre-pared for some surprise targets this year. It won't be an easy sidematch to shoot but it's going to be a loooooooooot of fun.

CC

If you could have read last month's Extreme Rimfire report on the Cherokee gun club wire you would have ritflyao. I sold Thaxton a rifle and ammo and we tied with perfect 40x's and he beat me in a shoot off and they really had a big laugh about that. Not much was said when I made 160 yd. shot on a mini chicken this month in a sudden death shoot off with the same man (a good friend of mine btw)to win back my title. So don't think it hasn't happened before. You won't be getting a cherry.

BTW,

YOur rifle just might be prettier than mine. (but I will out shoot you) :lol::lol::P

CC, Hate to tell ya but BW weren't lying (much) Besides ya no i don't like beer.Now back to the story,Dem little ole chickies fly real fast when hit wif a Buffler Gun.BTW we had witnesses they just wouldn't help us look fer the chickies afterwards. "YAWN" time to go to bed now and dream up another way to ruffle yer feathers.HE HE HE See ya'll Tuesday LSC

CC I ain't messing with no Midget. The last time I did (1973) there was a hell of a fight and people went to jail.

Was out to the range yesterday and lawman Mark was generating some smoke,Don't know if it will clear before Ambush.

Do ya'll remember 2 years ago when I got real sick when I got consumed in all that BP smoke. I had to leave the posse and go back to my camper and take meds. I got real sick. Hope that won't happen this time.

LSC--If you can hit the mini chickens wif a buffler gun then I think we just autter give you the trophy now. I had to go to the eye doctor Friday morning. I got something in my eye and it busted some vessels and my eye looks like it's bleeding internally. That's my first excuse.

Do ya'll remember 2 years ago when I got real sick when I got consumed in all that BP smoke. I had to leave the posse and go back to my camper and take meds. I got real sick. Hope that won't happen this time.

LSC--If you can hit the mini chickens wif a buffler gun then I think we just autter give you the trophy now. I had to go to the eye doctor Friday morning. I got something in my eye and it busted some vessels and my eye looks like it's bleeding internally. That's my first excuse.

I put my barrel in the vice, and straightened it with a rubber mallet, the front sight I used my pliers to straightened, (should be sideways, right? it was pointing straigh ahead). I also drilled a hole in forearm and barrel, inserted a screw and washers to make er float, (heard floating is a good idea for improved accurracy). I guess I'm ready. MT

Quigley I will be glad to help. CC how much for the MH????????

HTF,

I have lowered the price to $35,000.

CC, I love ya like a brother so I'm going to help you out of your delima. I will give you 20 but ya got to git rid of the midget.

CC, I love ya like a brother so I'm going to help you out of your delima. I will give you 20 but ya got to git rid of the midget.

Thank you for your kind offer but ---aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhaahh!!! dang that hurts!!!! It is just too dang low but I will tell you what I will do. For $34,999.00 I will throw in Gus. (Value $395.)

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/c42r537c72f8/DSC05858.jpg

OK, with the first excuse. I guess 2nd is not enough salt with the margarita. 3rd would be the targets needed paint. 4th I told em not to put em at 50yds but 50ft. 5th I brought the wrong ammo and where did I put the other box of special ammo. 6th the wind was blowing otta the east my gun is set up fer west wind. 7th I let LSC shoot it and he jinxed the sights. 8th I fergot my specs, where in the h$#ll did I lay them down? 9th That LSC apple pie liquor made me blind fer 3 days and that was a month ago. 10th Lawman Mark made the shooting table to wobbly using them toothpicks.

There ya go 10 all time great excuses. Feel free to use any of them fer a small fee of $5 gold piece. That be a thinkers fee there :lol:

I remember how ya couldn't take the smoke. I hope ya don't have that problem this year. Now as a famous man once said Git-R-Done.

I am all packed up and ready to go. KK will be here at 8:00a.m. tomorrow morning and as soon as we get his stuff loaded up we will be on our way.

AMBUSH HERE WE COME!

I am all packed up and ready to go. KK will be here at 8:00a.m. tomorrow morning and as soon as we get his stuff loaded up we will be on our way.

AMBUSH HERE WE COME!

Laissez les bon temps rouler

Well Brisket spent all day but she has declared the camper sterilized and suitable for habitation.....barely. Me, myself has been in the basement cleaning guns all evening. Some of those haven't been cleaned since......hmmmmm.......well it's been a while. Got all the pistols cleaned and tomorrow evening, while Brisket cuts the grass, I'll be cleaning the long guns. We're pulling out at sunrise Wednesday.

Well Brisket spent all day but she has declared the camper sterilized and suitable for habitation.....barely. Me, myself has been in the basement cleaning guns all evening. Some of those haven't been cleaned since......hmmmmm.......well it's been a while. Got all the pistols cleaned and tomorrow evening, while Brisket cuts the grass, I'll be cleaning the long guns. We're pulling out at sunrise Wednesday.

If Brisket reads this post I gotta feeling she'll be aholdin' that long gun on you while you cut the grass, with a pair of scissors! :)

On my way to ole CC's ta loadup my stuff in his wagon. As soon as we get ole Bertha drugged up so she'll sleep on the way there we'll hitch up the horses and head the wagon train west.

Ole Bertha must have had nightmares last night...she kept screaming "take me LSC, take me!" Not sure what she was a squallin' on about but clearly she is out of her mind on the matter. Just hope she behaves whilst she's a guest in Alabama. It wouldn't be becomin' for CC's kin to act up when they are out of town. :)

See all ya'll at Ambush!!

Not sure what she was a squallin' on about but clearly she is out of her mind on the matter.

She'll be in good company here in Alabama... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Y'all have a safe trip. I'll be at the range Wednesday morning. :)

The Kajun is late and I am gonna be on his a**. But he did have to come from Hotlanta.

Well, me and BlueJeans are packing, lawn mowed, (going to use BB idea next time lawn needs mowing, and say I have to clean some firearms, maybe BlueJeans will then mow??). Bringing along some guns to sell,I hope, (7.5 BP frame cimarron, SXS exposed hammer, .22 takedown Gallery rifle, spurs).

Be leaving early, early, should be there around 3 to 4PM.

Bringing along 2 bricks of .22 to maybe buy CCs challenge?

See you all, drive carefull. MT and BlueJeans

Got the last of my side match stuff together, I hope. Plan on packing the Durango and heading over tomorrow bout noon. Gonna bring a covered wagon that's for sale and some 45 acp brass.

See ya'll tomorrow!! :D

Had to stay at that place that pays me on a semi-weekly basis (yeah, the "w" word) until 8:00 pm. Spent the last three hours packing for Ambush. Another hour or so in the morning, and I'll be ready to leave out.

I've got therapy at 8 AM tomorrow, then a mammoth BBQ at my former employer that they put on annually for all current and retired employees and then I can head to Ambush. I won't be spending the night tomorrow, but I'll be back early Thursday AM and stay the rest of the weekend.

Hey Bama!! I aint fergot yer hat!! :lol: I'm gonna' put it in the truck on the first load out. Ain't seen ya' in a coon's age. Didja ever get to shoot that SKS? :unsure:

I'll be pullin' out sometime between noon and 2:00 pm today.

We discovered some pre match midget grappling going on, and Andrew Quigley was photographed in the act...Midget grapplin'

We still don't have an explanation for what we found later on...AQ's rolling Bunkhouse

We will be sorting this out tomorrow. Hopefully, we'll have answers for all of it...

Archived