SASS Wire Forum

Ambush 2011

OK---I did not remember his real name. Bama you win the contest. That Masked Man (TLR) is going to be on our posse and will dress the part.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/c42r537c72f8/DSC05534.jpg

Now for another surprise. The REAL Little Bertha has made a visit at my house and has her hair up and is ready for the water. She says that BW doesn't have the strength to throw her that far and says he probably throws like a girl anyway. Here she is.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/c42r537c72f8/DSC05882.jpg

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know about the 1981 movie, but I thought I remembered the surviving Ranger's name as John Reid.

At any rate, I'm referring to the one the only, Silver riding, black mask wearing, silver bullet toting, Tonto partnering, William Tell Overturing masked man - The Lone Ranger!!!!

In the radio and TV series, he's only identified as Ranger Dan Reid's brother. In the 1981 movie, "The Legend of the Lone Ranger", he's identified as John Reid.

Thanks, Lawman!! Never saw the '81 movie.

That was that abortion with Klinton Spilsbury or some such alleged actor, wasn't it?? :wacko:

Thanks, Lawman!! Never saw the '81 movie.

That was that abortion with Klinton Spilsbury or some such alleged actor, wasn't it?? :wacko:

Yep. That's the one.

KK don't ya know the weather forecast for us changes everyday. Next thing they'll be telling is frost on Friday, hail on Saturday and a foot of snow Sunday! :unsure::lol: (sure hope not!!)

It's easy to tell the weather in Alabama. Whatever it's doing in Jawja today, it did in Alabama yesterday.

Hope that helps........ :)

And whatever it's doing in Alabama today, it did in Mississippi yesterday...and Oklahoma three days ago. :rolleyes:

I think I would be more concerned about how I was going to hold onto Little Bertha when I toss her.

In the radio and TV series, he's only identified as Ranger Dan Reid's brother. In the 1981 movie, "The Legend of the Lone Ranger", he's identified as John Reid.

Lawman Mark is correct in this. The official use of his name John Reid is never used in either the TV, radio or comics, newspaper or comic books. He is never named as John Reid till the 1981 movie. Though, in Gold Keys comic book on the re-telling of the Legend, he is instead named incorrectly as Dan Reid, same as in Fran Strikers obituary as writer of the series Lone Ranger is named Dan Reid. In the 60s, a book Golden Age of Radion refers to him as John Reid,were they got this from is unknown, this is were the writers of the 81 movie get, and use the name John Reid for the first time, and is now part of the Legend. Also item of interest, Lone Rangers nephew is named Dan Reid, he is the father of Britt Reid, the Green Hornet.

As bad as some people may make the 81 film of the Lone Ranger, the first half is actually very good, especially in re-telling a part of the Legend many people never knew, That the Lone Ranger and Tonto knew each others as childhood blood brothers. Later when Tonto saves his life after the massacre of the Rangers, he recognizes his friend and saves him as John Reid had saved him when they were children.

I was lucky in watching some of the filming, and yes Klinton Spillsbury was a poor choice, his ego, and drinking on the set was bad. Though he looked good in the costume and adept at handling the firearms. The movie had so many re-writes, plus 2 directors with different visions. But again the first hour is excellent. MT

I was lucky in watching some of the filming, and yes Klinton Spillsbury was a poor choice, his ego, and drinking on the set was bad. Though he looked good in the costume and adept at handling the firearms. The movie had so many re-writes, plus 2 directors with different visions. But again the first hour is excellent. MT

Hey MT.....was Bertha in the movie too? I was thinking she may have had a "minor" part....perhaps a "small" roll. If she was in the movie that'd mean that now you have another union to deal with....SAG (Screen Actor's Guild). I'm athinkin old BLB mighten hafta hire out as a union negotiator or at least make Bertha "an offer she can't refuse" so's not ta cause too much ruckus about all this union stuff.

Of course BLB would be the right man for the job. I hear tell he's been know to make offers to midgets before :)

Ya'll better watch out for them there midget's. I know from experance they can be tricky and hard to deal with. Went to Doc yesterday and had some of the stiches removed. He advised

me not to wear a gunbelt but what the heck I gotta try it. CC see ya Tuesday. Soon as I finish payroll I am out of here for a week.Gonna take my shooting trailer to the range

Sunday if Uncle Frank has no objections. Quigley I can help out Friday for awhile if ya need me. Have to pace myself however,still have tubes in Place and can't tear them out.

Ya'll better watch out for them there midget's. I know from experance they can be tricky and hard to deal with. Went to Doc yesterday and had some of the stiches removed. He advised

me not to wear a gunbelt but what the heck I gotta try it. CC see ya Tuesday. Soon as I finish payroll I am out of here for a week.Gonna take my shooting trailer to the range

Sunday if Uncle Frank has no objections. Quigley I can help out Friday for awhile if ya need me. Have to pace myself however,still have tubes in Place and can't tear them out.

Floyd, just take it easy. Don't hurt yourself. MT

HTF,

Your job will be to come over to my place and keep an eye on Little Bertha and see that she doesn't get kidnapped. I got hold of a rumor that someone might steal her and fit her with a harness so that they can hold onto her and throw her farther than anyone else. It's your job to see that it doesn't happen. I just can't see you pulling out any tubes doing that unless you have to tackle some big ole' boy. Best you handle that some other way. Git ma drift? :rolleyes:

HTF,

Are ou staying at the range wif us?

HTF,I'll be there early Sunday will give ya a hand with you're trailer and help you get it set up.Glad to here you're doing better.Just rig Li'l Bertha up for CC i'm sure he would get a bang out of it.BTW while you're doing payroll go ahead an put me down for a months wages.HA HA HA LSC

Did everybody go to sleep?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............

Hay, Charlie! What time are you getting in on Monday?

I may not be able to get there till early-mid afternoon on Wednesday. Can't say for sure yet.

Bama,

I am not getting there until Tues. morning. Me and Krazy Kajun are coming together. I have a feeling this is gonna be a hoot.

CC

See ya there!

Bama,

I am not getting there until Tues. morning. Me and Krazy Kajun are coming together. I have a feeling this is gonna be a hoot.

CC

Well Bama, we are leaving Tuesday morning....but you know how ole CC drives....we might get there before we leave; he drives pretty fast :)

Bama,

CC

Attention all units BOLO

There's a short pants wearing, midget rasseling, margarita drinking, stove up, cantankerous, HOMBRE heading this way on Tuesday. He is guilty of something or another so arrest and hold until further notice. He thinks he is a Competition Cowboy Shooter........don't beleive him he can't see that good. He is hard of hearing also so shout at him that way he will hear ya. I believe he may be travelling with an accomplice of some sort in a motor home. He will say he is from Jawja but is actually from New York City born and raised at least that is what she says. He may be travelling with family also from New York City............at one time he may have been dangerous but time took care of it................ I hear in some circles he may be known as Peaches. That's Jawja Peaches he says. Anyway he is not to be trusted after crossing the state line. Some say he is going to rob the bank at Cavern Cove. He is a sporting man so gambling houses are the first place to look. If seen approach very fast cause he is slow. He maybe travelling with a midget known as Bertha. :lol::lol::lol:

Blue Wolf who also knows disappearing ink and the skinny on ol' CC

Of course BLB would be the right man for the job. I hear tell he's been know to make offers to midgets before :)

I was drunk and there's no video footage of the event so it didn't happen.

Not guilty, Jury trial.

When KK and I cross the state line we will lower the IQ by 50 points in Jawja and will raise the IQ level in the state we are to arrive in by 70 points. That is of course if the highway patrol (who has been warned we are coming)doesn't detain us and proves otherwise.

BW knows me too well. :angry::angry::angry:

It's gonna rain Monday and a little bit Tuesday but then clear off for the rest of the week. Highs in the mid to upper 70's Wednesday thru Sunday. Perfect shootin weather.

I got this from my 2003 Farmer's Almanac. It says the same thing every year so I just save the old copies.

It's gonna rain Monday and a little bit Tuesday but then clear off for the rest of the week. Highs in the mid to upper 70's Wednesday thru Sunday. Perfect shootin weather.

I got this from my 2003 Farmer's Almanac. It says the same thing every year so I just save the old copies.

Sounds like that's paper for the outhouse.

Ya'll need to go to the classifieds and see my ad on my motorhome. I have reduced the price. It is a steal. I will take cash, check or money order. Prefer cash. :D

Hurry up Tuesday.

...why CC, sell the RV??? If you sell this one, you'll just turn around and get another one....

About the time I get a D-I-V-O-R-C-E

About the time I get a D-I-V-O-R-C-E

I wasn't speaking of a wife, I was talking about the RV....

Archived