SASS Wire Forum

Ambush 2011

It's just a one stage side match if I recall. 10-10-4+. Only problem is, it's real dark back in them woods and only lit by sporadic strobe lights. Ya has to remember where the targets were and then shoot up amongst them.

Thanks for the info BLB. That's how I shootem in the light of day...just shoot amongst them. Sometimes there's a hit....sometimes there's a miss. If I'm lucky enough to shoot after one of the soot lords the spotters don't see so well. If you think its a miss....ITS A HIT!! God bless America!!!

Yup! That's what it was last year - not sure if Graver Bill is gonna change it up much this year or not.

Hope ole Graver changes it up a might....don't want anyone who did the night shoot last year to have a leg up on us first timers.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Important Notice:

We are going to have a new contest at Ambush this year. This is not a joke. Lickskillet Charlie and Cherokee Charlie will co-sponsor a Midget tossin' contest in front of CC's vending area. Fees will be determined later.

Rules: There will be a small swimming pool set up.

A midget will be available for tossin'

Yardage will be determined by Management.

Midget must land in pool for contestant to be in finals.

At 3 p.m. on Friday we will have the final 10 toss off contest.

Winner takes all the prizes----no second place winner.

Note: you must be taller that the midget to enter the contest.

Important Notice:

We are going to have a new contest at Ambush this year. This is not a joke. Lickskillet Charlie and Cherokee Charlie will co-sponsor a Midget tossin' contest in front of CC's vending area. Fees will be determined later.

I have a couple of questions about this here event:

Just who is management? As co-sponors are both of you sponoring me? What kind of show-up money are y'all offering me? Y'all know us celebrities have to be compensated for showing up to draw the crowd. Is age categories being offered? How about one handed category? How many tosses do ya git? Are you going to have male and female category? How much is the midget tossin weight? Do you get extra points fer special tossin (i.e. Half gainer toss, full twist toss, double back flip with half gainer, etc.) Will ya be tossin with sun at back or facing it? Will there be weight classes fer the tossers? Does it count if half the midget makes it in the pool? Do ya git practice throws? if so how many? Do ya have to wear go-rilla shoes to toss? if not can ya go bare footed? If the midget bounces out of pool does it count? Do the co-sponors polish boots too? Do have to wear strong side holsters or will a crossdraw work? Do the co-sponors clean hats too? Is this a timed event? if not can ya take as much time as ya want? Will the midget be wearing aerodynamic clothing? Are spurs required for tosser? Is midget required to wear spurs? Is midget going to wear a swimmers cap? Googles? What is the midget's shoe size? Is this midget built fer tossing? Will midget be wearing flippers? Is it legal to strap a fan to the midgets back for more lift? How about a dozen packs or so of bottle rockets for velocity increase? If the contest runs past dark will flashlights or lanterns be allowed? Are all tossers going to be provided with a reception room stocked with beer, drinks and snacks? If the contest gits into supper are y'all catering in some supper fer contestants? Are chaps legal fer tossers? Does the winner reign fer a year or is this a quarterly reign? Does winner git to retain the championship belt fer life? Is there a past winners hall of fame? Does the midget have a fan club? Will there be a massage therapist in the reception room fer after the tossing? Is the final toss off on friday really final? How many guns are y'all giving away as door prizes? Most of us celebrities prefer Colts!! If the midget hits the ground and bounces into the pool does it count? Aren't ya glad I ask all these questions? Will body slamming midget into pool count? Finally, when can I expect answers to be returned? I'm sure my lawyer will need time to review the contract and make necessary arrangements fer compensation pick up by wells Fargo. Gold and cash preferred. Are the door prize Colts engraved? Who did the scratching? Are they 38-40 or 45? Are giving away a holster set also? Are they blackpowder framed? Blued, nickled or case colored?

Are ya giving a matching knife and sheath with this too? Just exactly how deep are your pockets? Well think about it and let me know.

answering no to all questions equalls co-sponsors owe Blue Wolf the sum of four engraved Colt SAA in 38-40 and 45 calibers payable on request.

Huh???????

We will be closed until further notice.

Hey LSC------do we need a lawyer or a CPA or a business consultant?

Or----------------------is BW looking for a job?

Important Notice:

All rules subject to change without notice. Worldwide copyrights held by Cherokee Charlie. Patent pending. All lawyering by outsiders is hereby prohibited...especially by Blue Wolf.

Blue Wolf...obviously you did not read the fine print. That Cherokee Charlie is a real gamer. Thankfully I had my specs on when I was reading his rules. If you put your mouse cursor at the beginning of the last sentence in his post as quoted above, then left click and drag down to highlight the rest of his post you'll see the small print. Charlie typed the small print in disappearing ink!

You gotta watch ole CC, he's a crafty one!!

Blue Wolf...obviously you did not read the fine print. That Cherokee Charlie is a real gamer. Thankfully I had my specs on when I was reading his rules. If you put your mouse cursor at the beginning of the last sentence in his post as quoted above, then left click and drag down to highlight the rest of his post you'll see the small print. Charlie typed the small print in disappearing ink!

You gotta watch ole CC, he's a crafty one!!

I think that post you are suggesting is a fraud since it is not in the original. Therefore it must be thrown out do to corruption on be half of said constraint of circumstances beyond any indeniable statements as fore mentioned with prudents of possible ill reguard to which it may be construed to the contrary.

CC,I think he's looking for a job or he's been watching too much Judge Judy lately.Wonder where he found that big a dictonary to come up with dem fancy words like dat.

BW,You gonna toss that Midget or try to marry it? Inquiring minds wanna know. LSC

We are again open for business.

1. No handles allowed on the midgets

2. It doesn't matter how he/she lands in the water

3. A wedge hold is legal as long as it is not lengthly

4. Side bets are legal

5. We do not pay for Im-potent people to show up

6. Pay as you go. Trow as much as you wallet can stand

7. No No No practice throws.

8. Practice trows with grandkids permitted (50 lbs. max)

9. The pink catalac is the major prize(stolen of course)

We are again open for business.

1. No handles allowed on the midgets

2. It doesn't matter how he/she lands in the water

3. A wedge hold is legal as long as it is not lengthly

4. Side bets are legal

5. We do not pay for Im-potent people to show up

6. Pay as you go. Trow as much as you wallet can stand

7. No No No practice throws.

8. Practice trows with grandkids permitted (50 lbs. max)

9. The pink catalac is the major prize(stolen of course)

So "no slam dunks", rim shots? How will skipping a midget across the pool be counted? What "appendages" may a thrower use on a midget (no penalties)? Are all midgets elgible, or will some be kept in reserve in case of a tie breaker. Will midgets be allowed to flap their arms while in flight? Also, it seems last time they all went on their "breaks" at once. Leaving no midgets for tossing. Will midgets be signing waivers this year, seems last time some thought we were ex TSA agents in our way of holding them for the toss. MT

I was up at the gun club yesterday afternoon and I was approached by a Teamster Midget Union Rep. He was a mean looking little fellar. Anyways, he was looking for Cherokee Charlie. Apparently, there are some contracts that need to be negociated concerning the exploytation of union midgets. Mentioned something about velocity, distance and benifits. I didn't hear what he said very clearly cause that tune, Follow the yellow brick road, kept running around in my head. :wacko:

I was up at the gun club yesterday afternoon and I was approached by a Teamster Midget Union Rep. He was a mean looking little fellar. Anyways, he was looking for Cherokee Charlie. Apparently, there are some contracts that need to be negociated concerning the exploytation of union midgets. Mentioned something about velocity, distance and benifits. I didn't hear what he said very clearly cause that tune, Follow the yellow brick road, kept running around in my head. :wacko:

I was afraid they would organize. To much publicity. MT

Hey LSC,

You might need to call me. I had a meeting after the GC meeting last night with a couple of neferious looking fellows from the NUOLP (National Union Of Little People) and they are breathing down my neck about contracts for those that are gonna be tossed. I think it's time to abort our little business and use a midget doll instead of a real live one. What say ye?

Hurry up and answer me. I do not want my knees broken. :unsure: :unsure:

CC,I think he's looking for a job or he's been watching too much Judge Judy lately.Wonder where he found that big a dictonary to come up with dem fancy words like dat.

BW,You gonna toss that Midget or try to marry it? Inquiring minds wanna know. LSC

Don't know due to the cotractual agreement between said parties, I haven't got a yes to anything so far. Those Colt's are looking mighty fine.

Now as fer the TMUA (Toss Midgets Union of America) and the MTUA (Midget Tossers Union of America) I am representing both parties and they are talking seriously about the infactions of the contractual agreement between ball parties and are possibly going to hold CC and LSC in contempt of and in violation of article 139 sub paragraph 14 and 15 on grounds during an incomplete and incompetent interlude of said article and subparagraph of the contractual agreement between the parties of the second part. Now we can settle this here impasse if'n the party of the fourth and fifth part agrees to the settlement of you offering an amount of gold to the value of the amount set forth in the agreement of said parties.

Did somebody throw a dictionary at Blue Wolf? If so, he caught some, but not all of the words, and dropped most all the definitions... ;)

Blue Whelp should have been there to back his play. He might have had a chance then. :lol:

Hey LSC,

You might need to call me. I had a meeting after the GC meeting last night with a couple of neferious looking fellows from the NUOLP (National Union Of Little People) and they are breathing down my neck about contracts for those that are gonna be tossed. I think it's time to abort our little business and use a midget doll instead of a real live one. What say ye?

Hurry up and answer me. I do not want my knees broken. :unsure: :unsure:

Problem is, the real midgets still want to be paid. Also using a stand-in, facsimile, dolls(rigid, or blow-up), still constitutes a contract you signed. So, do we toss the contract or the midgets. MT

CC, we ain't backing outta this'n without a fight.I figger the best way to handle this is to hire BW & MT as Match Directors to organize and run event.That way we can sit in the shade and watch (get saused on lemonaide) while the match is going on.As far as the contract goes ye might want to use that disapearing ink of yours.That way the monkey (eer-Midget ain't on our back).We can also use LMM & BLB as TG's to dispute any claims or issues that may arise.Whew too many hands in the cookie jar.We'll be lucky to walk away with our hides iff'n we don't get tossed first. LSC

Barkeep, ya may just be a little light on your round count. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bama,

I was afraid my math was light! Oh well back to the reloader. :lol: :lol:

Did somebody throw a dictionary at Blue Wolf? If so, he caught some, but not all of the words, and dropped most all the definitions... ;)

Blue Whelp should have been there to back his play. He might have had a chance then. :lol:

Careful there lawman, blue wolf might just throw that dictionary back at you when your not looking.

I just got a call from non other that Little Bertha.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/c42r537c72f8/LittleBertha.jpg

She said that she was volunteering to let Blue (B**ls)Wolf have the first throw with her and if he could throw her in the water she would double whatever bet he made.

BW the challenge is on. I am stepping back out of the way. I have nothing to do with this challenge. My hands are clean. :o:D:lol:;)

Psssst! I'll take LB for $500.

http://i26.photobuck...ittleBertha.jpg

She said that she was volunteering to let Blue (B**ls)Wolf have the first throw with her and if he could throw her in the water she would double whatever bet he made.

BW the challenge is on. I am stepping back out of the way. I have nothing to do with this challenge. My hands are clean. :o:D:lol:;)

And I got another $500 on Bertha coming through the toss with her thong on

BW, once again you gotta watch out for ole CC....he's a gamer and he's out to make some money. I did manage to put on my specs and low and behold there was the small print in disappearing ink that ole CC done put at the end of his post. If you'll highlight the end of his post above you'll see it.

Careful there lawman, blue wolf might just throw that dictionary back at you when your not looking.

I'm always looking when B/W is around. That and I keep a hand on my wallet <_<:rolleyes:

8 days! Weatherman says Friday sunny, hi 73, Saturday sunny high 69! Great shootin weather.

I have a tendency to aim better when its cooler, not saying my aiming will be accurate, or that my shooting arm may be weaker after midget tossing,(wonder if that maybe a way to weaken the competition). MT

Well this time next week I'll be getting the side matches set up! Man am I excited bout Ambush this year! :D

My boss said I might as well go on since I can't keep my mind on w*&k. :P:lol:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/c42r537c72f8/LittleBertha.jpg

I'm ready just waiting on the show-up gold to arrive that be 20 $20 gold pieces err double eagles. I hope you don't think that is too much.............After all that's is half price just fer y'all. I prefer it in a plain leather bag. Oh, I almost fergot the MTUA and TMUA have agreed to go forth with the contract for a small sum of 1000 $20 gold pieces err double eagles. They said that will make up fer last year also. They are hard to negotiate with but I done the best I could. They said if'n y'all don't pay up they know where a big concrete pour is going to be done. Whatever that means. Also said something about they know people that don't even know they know them that will take care of the matter. They told me that a guy who wears short pants, go-rilla shoes and hat in his secret room can't be trusted, so they want the gold certified by their assay office of choice.

Or they gave another option you have to rassle Razdella the murph midget for three days. you can use weapons but they are limited to chaulk, rope, 2x4, and ladder. I don't know why they allow these but fer a small fee I will find out fer ya. Now what ya say is it on?

This ain't no BS either it's BW. :lol::lol::lol:

1,000 $20 gold pieces. That's highway robbery. I say these Union Midgets is getting out of control. It's time to break this union. With the economy like it is, I recon we can truck in some Scab midgets for the weekend. Maybe we could go by the local elementary school and hirer some small 1st graders. The posibilites are endless.

We are not going to change our plans for a midget tossin'. Union or no union. Cement feet or no cement feet. I will just bring "the family" with me. As BLB said, we are not succumbing to pressure from the "little" unions. You either put up or shut up. Now, How far do you think you can toss a 55 lb. midget? How much are you willing to bet that he/she won't hit the rim. That's a foul you know. (and it hurts too)

LSC has a secret weapon for getting the little rascal in the pool and after he gets the first one in and we win all the money I am sure there are going to be some mad folks. In this old world you have to be just a little smarter than the average bear or wind up with your bells in bear doo-doo.(I said that) :lol: :lol:

I just found out that we are going to have a celebrity on our posse.

Hint: He was the only one who survived the ambush.

Would that be John Reid (sp)?

No.

Hint #2. His saddle was black trimmed with real silver.

Don't know about the 1981 movie, but I thought I remembered the surviving Ranger's name as John Reid.

At any rate, I'm referring to the one the only, Silver riding, black mask wearing, silver bullet toting, Tonto partnering, William Tell Overturing masked man - The Lone Ranger!!!!

Archived