SASS Wire Forum

Ambush 2011

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just in case you are interested here are my rules for the 22 sidematch.

(subject to changes by Quigley)

The targets need to be painted more often.

I am going to have two targets with 4 spinners on each one.

l. One shot on each animal

a. If you shoot at an animal twice you loose two animals.

2. Everyone starts from left to right. Ram, turkey, pig and chicken second target ram, turkey, pig, chicken. You have only eight shots. Shooting out of order is a "no score".

3. It would be wise to have two scoring sheets.

a. One for I won it

b. One for I bought it

4. Make sure the timer's know that the timer needs to be held near the muzzle of the rifle or it won't register.

5. Anyone who request that the targets be painted may have it done.

6. No hyper velocity ammo allowed. Targets won't withstand the velocity. Too much target damage.

7. Shooter will start with a bullet in the chamber with gun cocked and on the first target when timer goes off. If anyone fires before timer goes off it is a disqualification.

8. In the "I won it" category shooter can only shoot one time. In the "I bought it" category shooter can shoot as many times as he/she wants. (As long as you pay)

9. Did I mention that the targets will be moved back to 50 yds. and only open sights can be used. Lever action rifles or pump with a hammer. No peep sights.

Well CC, finally got my Marlin 22 lever action in and got it all clean. I started rereading the rules and I have a question. What's the I won it and I bought it category.

You buy a ticket (or the master ticket--shoot all you want)

you get to shoot in the "I won it" only once. The "I bought it" you can shoot as many times as you like till you beat whoever has the best score.

I might as well make my excuses now. I paracticed today with two different rifles and I can't hit a dadburn thing. I just can't see the targets anymore. I concede before we even start. I think it's the ammo,or the gun, or the targets, might be the wind, might be the distance, the turkey ducked, I forgot to aim, the ammunition got wet, someone movede my sights. What did I leave out? :lol::lol::lol:

I might as well make my excuses now. I paracticed today with two different rifles and I can't hit a dadburn thing. I just can't see the targets anymore. I concede before we even start. I think it's the ammo,or the gun, or the targets, might be the wind, might be the distance, the turkey ducked, I forgot to aim, the ammunition got wet, someone movede my sights. What did I leave out? :lol::lol::lol:

You're probably still flinching from the sight of BLB wrasslin' in a thong!

You buy a ticket (or the master ticket--shoot all you want)

you get to shoot in the "I won it" only once. The "I bought it" you can shoot as many times as you like till you beat whoever has the best score.

...something in the water, the sun wuz in my eyes, people kept bothering me, I just couldn't concentrate, I got CHS disease (C - Can't, H - Hit, S - Siht), there wuz alot of noise, just wuzn't my day, .... <_<

OKB,

You are my kind of man. :D:D:D

OKB,

You are my kind of man. :D:D:D

...well CC! Sometimes you get the bear; and other times the bear gets you! ...those little truisms (excuses) are good on the bad days... <_<

Well fellas, I went up to South Carolina to shoot cowboy today and I came straight home and got on one of them medical websites. It turns out I have dyslexia, ADD and senility. My right hand ain't talking to my left hand and visa versa and my brain gets cut completely out of the loop. Once that happens, I forget where I am and what I've shot. It's a terrible train wreck. So far, the medical community is stumped. My research continues for a cure.

BLB,

Dr. C.Charlie here. I have a cure for your problem. Please send cash ($500)to start with and I will start my treatment. It will take appx. 10 of my treatments at $500 each and I gaaaaronteee a cure. You see, I already have the answer but I must take it slow with you so that you won't forget and go back to your old ways. When would you like to start the treatments?

Dr. C Charlie in your diagnosis of BLB could this be the standard ol CRS disease or does he have the advanced CRS version ? What are the general symptions and what should one look in a person to determine who has been infected with this disease.Also should we quartene him at AMBUSH this year.Should any other shooters worry about this,or is it normaly found in gamers & gunfighters of his status. HE HE HE LSC

Dr. C Charlie in your diagnosis of BLB could this be the standard ol CRS disease or does he have the advanced CRS version ? What are the general symptions and what should one look in a person to determine who has been infected with this disease.Also should we quartene him at AMBUSH this year?

LSC, I'm a thinkin' CC is planning sumthin EVIL. For the LOW LOW price of $500 ole CC is gonna sure enough quarantine BLB....gonna put him in a cage match with Bertha and lock tha door! If'n BLN throws in an extra $25 he'll get to have his thong with him when he wrassles!

KK,I think yore on to sumptin there.That sure is a low price to cure BLB.But then again ya never know what Ol CC has got cooking up in his noggin.I think i got it figgered out why BLB has been down on his shootin lately.CC done went an found him one of them VOODOO MIDGETS to work on BLB.They say they can cast a mean spell on a feller. LSC

Does anyone know where I can find four inch straight pins with a head on them. This midget doll left over from last year and this ice pick just isn't working. I need 4 inch straight pins with a head on them.

Ya'll I got the simple answer for ole BLB. If he doesn't see this post I can make some money off'n him. Ya'll go back and read his post about what his problem is. The fix is simple. He just can't remember sh*t when he is shooting gumfighter-----simple answer----cut the equasion in half---shoot duelist---cut the problem in half---now he can remember half of what he was having to remember. Now dang it, ain't that simple enough. He owes me $500. I aim to collect. No pun intended. :lol::lol:

I have already talked to Little Bertha and she wants to hold the violence down to a minimum this year, says she stays sore all the time,so in stead of wresslin' we are gonna do midget tossin'.

Now tha way this werks(can't use the real word) is we have a big tub full of water and we have the ground marked off in feet and inches and whoever can toss the midget the longest distance and land him/her in the water tub wins all the money. Entry fee is $10 per toss. But let me break down the money sitjation.

$5--Goes to the toss-er

$1--Goes to the toss-e

$3--Goes to the CC benevelance fund

$1--Goes to the Charity of choice

I feel that this is a fair way to divide the funds. Don't ya'll?

We will have to have an EMT vehicle on standby cause I know for a fact that a lot of these tosses wind up as rim shots and they are very painful. (to the midget)

Gotta hand it to ya CC, yur always thinking o ways to increase the CC Benevolence Fund. What between givin' ole BLB medikul help and yur monopoly at Ambush on da midjit tossin' you might clear nuf money to finally pay for the medikul degree ya got from dat medikul skuul in Jamaica!

Gotta hand it to ya CC, yur always thinking o ways to increase the CC Benevolence Fund. What between givin' ole BLB medikul help and yur monopoly at Ambush on da midjit tossin' you might clear nuf money to finally pay for the medikul degree ya got from dat medikul skuul in Jamaica!

I got my medical training from an oriental named Ty Lee Nol. He invented a cure for headaches. He was a smart man. :D

I've got less than a month to find the cure. Dr. CC, do you accept insurance?

Speaking of Midget tossing, Can I use a little mechanical assistance? While on my wanderings last fall, I found a device that is sure to give me the edge. I've just got to see if Warwick Castle will let me borrow it for the weekend.

BLB,

I am sorry to announce that no mechanical devices may be used while midget tossing howsumever the belt grip and the neck grip is legal as long as no private parts are damaged. i.e. a wedgee may result in an accident thus causing said midget to have difficulty procreating.

That rule is on page one.

It say no butt heads allowed in this game.

Does that mean the same thing Marshall Troop?

Knife Maker, Knifemaker,whatever the name is, it seems that I've heard that name before. Now where in the world have I ever heard that name. Will someone help refresh my memory. Don't forget I have Craft disease.

Knifemaker--oh Knifemaker, where fore art thou, knifemaker?

I will pay you to come back and beat him!

Knifemaker,I've heard a lot of good tales from BW about the feuds yall use to have.I think the best one was down in Byhalia one year when BW tried to go duck hunting from the back of a horse and almost shot the campers up the hill.There was also something about the Sweet Potato Britches he use to wear. BTW ,Yall need to get back up this way soon Ol BLUE WOLF has done gotten out of control with his"Blue Wolf Shootin School".....Since he started it some how he can't beat nobody anymore.He can't even beat himself. HE HE HE (LSC who's gonna catch the devil from BW for this one.)

deal on cash only dont let huricane know about it.

I ain't saying a word..........Except.........................HURICANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Knife Maker Is trying to hide money again from you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Ya'll,

We better steer clear of ole' BW(if you know who I mean). Heck, if he will squeal on ole' Knifemaker he will just as soon squeel on me 'er you. Ya jest don't go 'n tell a man's wife that he's hide'n money on her. That's just a down rite sin.

Now whut's tha term ya use when ya don't want ta have nuttin' ta do wif anybody. Is it blueball er' blackball 'em? 'Ats what we oughta do to him. :lol::lol::lol:

...gettin' ready to go shoot Ruckus this week, come home for 2 days and then head to Alabama...

Archived