SASS Wire Forum

Ambush 2011

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blue Wolf,

You a-maize me!

:mellow: (do you think he will understand?) :lol::lol::lol:

Don't git out much do ya CC? I do hear tell the maize is a little on the hard crunchy side. Could be corn dodgers.......shoot quick theys flying everywhere. :wacko:B)

That's bold talk for a one eyed fat man.

BW,

You are right, I don't get out much. I am a slave to the cowhide.

Let's get serious about Ambush. Posse #1 (the best there ever was). Who out there is coming and who will not be able to make it this year. We have our happy moments and our sad moments but let's have a show of hands as to who will be there.

1. Cherokee Charlie (if he has to hire a driver)

Let's get serious about Ambush. Posse #1 (the best there ever was). Who out there is coming and who will not be able to make it this year. We have our happy moments and our sad moments but let's have a show of hands as to who will be there.

1. Cherokee Charlie (if he has to hire a driver)

2. BlueJeans and Troop

Sadly, this last weekend we had to look reality in the eye and Cowboy up... Ms. Maggie and I will not be able to make Ambush this year... We had 5 different scenarios that we were running that could end up with us being there... and not one panned out... We are grief-stricken as we REALLY wanted to be there... Take lots of pictures so that we can live vicariously though all y'all...

Vaya con Dios

Well, Ms. Mary Matilda and I will be there fer sure; Lord willin' and the creek don't rise!!! <_<

2. BlueJeans and Troop

3. Some Masked Dude

:D

Flint--my heart is broken. I was delaying those sheaths to give to you at Ambush. My master plan didn't work out----it just didn't work. DANG IT!!!! :angry:

I wish I had it. Would someone out there (in Alabama) please come up with a posse list. llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Sadly, this last weekend we had to look reality in the eye and Cowboy up... Ms. Maggie and I will not be able to make Ambush this year... We had 5 different scenarios that we were running that could end up with us being there... and not one panned out... We are grief-stricken as we REALLY wanted to be there... Take lots of pictures so that we can live vicariously though all y'all...

Vaya con Dios

Dang!! I hate that! We'll hafta' figure another time ta' get together with the both of ya's!

CC's Extreme 22 match will be on Friday along with all of the others. Ya buy tickets for 1 dollar each or 15 bucks for an armband that gets ya unlimited to all of them. Ya can buy either one at the cabin on Friday. Money goes into my hip pocket so I can bank roll another few cowboy guns, "WACK"!!! :wacko::blink:

Ok, ok, Lawman Mark say's the money goes into the clubs general funds, always does. It's part of how we put on Ambush. The Boy Scout's get the proceeds from the brass auction so say some money for Sunday's auction and bid high. ;):D

Vaya con Dios

Your both gonna be missed, tremedously. MT

...well, the RV is out...

...will pack it next week for Ruckus in the Nations - 9/15-18 ...get back home on 19th and then repack it for Alabama....

J. Mark,

Don't forget about Wed. night.

We have to ring in the new year, er, start the ball,er, well, we have big plans so don't miss it.

CC

:lol::lol:

Capt Bill Burt they'll have that info on your shooters pack when ya get there unless you specified ya wanted to shoot with Posse 1.(which really ain't the best posse out there. We just let em toot their horn for fear of a temper tantrium :lol::P )

It's been a heck of a week. Anyways, let me catch up. Me and Brisket will be there Wednesday if'n we don't get detained at the border.

Modesty requires that I wear a thong whilst wrasslin them midgets. This IS a G rated event after all. You just have to be careful they don't use it as a hand hold. As for my gorilla shoes, well we'll just see who can get up that tree faster if'n them biting midgets get loose.

It's been a heck of a week. Anyways, let me catch up. Me and Brisket will be there Wednesday if'n we don't get detained at the border.

Modesty requires that I wear a thong whilst wrasslin them midgets. This IS a G rated event after all. You just have to be careful they don't use it as a hand hold. As for my gorilla shoes, well we'll just see who can get up that tree faster if'n them biting midgets get loose.

We'll be there Wed. nite. MT

I'll be bringing a Rossi .22 takedown gallery rifle, and Cimarron 7.5 blued .45 if anyone wants some new shootin irons?

BLB, use it as a handhold? Some thought of "their little hand still wouldn't be full if'n they got a grip" crossed my mind but I won't post that thought.

OKB,

If you will shoot with us, I have a matched set of SS Ruger single sixes with action jobs you can shoot one or both if'n you like. You do not have a problem. Sir. :)

Just in case you are interested here are my rules for the 22 sidematch.

(subject to changes by Quigley)

The targets need to be painted more often.

I am going to have two targets with 4 spinners on each one.

l. One shot on each animal

a. If you shoot at an animal twice you loose two animals.

2. Everyone starts from left to right. Ram, turkey, pig and chicken second target ram, turkey, pig, chicken. You have only eight shots. Shooting out of order is a "no score".

3. It would be wise to have two scoring sheets.

a. One for I won it

b. One for I bought it

4. Make sure the timer's know that the timer needs to be held near the muzzle of the rifle or it won't register.

5. Anyone who request that the targets be painted may have it done.

6. No hyper velocity ammo allowed. Targets won't withstand the velocity. Too much target damage.

7. Shooter will start with a bullet in the chamber with gun cocked and on the first target when timer goes off. If anyone fires before timer goes off it is a disqualification.

8. In the "I won it" category shooter can only shoot one time. In the "I bought it" category shooter can shoot as many times as he/she wants. (As long as you pay)

9. Did I mention that the targets will be moved back to 50 yds. and only open sights can be used. Lever action rifles or pump with a hammer. No peep sights.

I will bet that I will have the best time for three hits. :)

I am in his employ so all I have to say about Bob is---he cooks a mean cobbler :D:D:lol::lol::P .

BLB has turned cannibal and is eating ill-tempered shoe-makers? Wow!! that's a diet I don't think folks will be lining up to emulate! :wacko::blink::o

But his cobbler is still delicious!!!!!! :wub::wub::wub:

Archived