SASS Wire Forum

Ambush 2011

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MT...you're doing a great job!!!!

...when you're done, I've got a little bit of w**k to be done..... <_<

I put some photos on the forum here in Saloon of inside so far. Even one of BlueJeans helping sort screws, and nails to sizes inside on floor. MT

MT, you got skillz!!!!

I didn't read thru all of the thread but did ya'll know the theme this year is Lonesome Dove? I watched the whole thing the other nite so I could watch ol' Gus wipe his mustache and kiss Ms.Clara. :blush::D

I didn't read thru all of the thread but did ya'll know the theme this year is Lonesome Dove? I watched the whole thing the other nite so I could watch ol' Gus wipe his mustache and kiss Ms.Clara. :blush::D

That should make for a terrific match, what else could one ask for all rolled into 1. Ambush and Lonesome Dove combined. MT

...are we gonna show the movie(s) Wednesday night, Thursday night, and Friday night????

Well, Who's gonna meet me, Silverdollar Don and Badlands Bob in Alabama next week-end to shoot the 22 shoot. Heck we might stay over and shoot the cowboy shoot on Sunday. Ya,just can't predict people like us.

Good Lord willin' and the creek don't rise, I'll be at the cowboy shoot Sunday. Gonna be tied up Saturday or else I'd come watch the .22 shoot and spend the night and shoot Sunday.

Bama, hows the knee?? What'd the doctor say?

Blackwater, had to delay the scan until Tuesday - my Bride wasn't well enough for me to leave her at home alone today and she doesn't travel well. :huh:

BTW, Blackwater, I may be goin' to a gunshow in Winchester today (Saturday). I'll be looking at M1A's, AK47's, a Ruger LCP and other such evil toys! :rolleyes::lol::P

The big gun show, Tulsa's Wanenmacher's Gun Show--billed as the world's largest is coming up for April 2 & 3. However, we'll be on the road this time... ...will have to catch it in the fall...

We have a cowboy shoot shoot going on and I'm stuck at home sick with Bronchitus. Bummer! :angry:

OK!! I know y'all been waitin' with bated breath (whatever that is!?), to see what I bought at the great Winchester, Tennessee gun show. What kind o' show was it and what did Bama Red buy?

Well, it was a terrible show and I didn't buy a dadgum thing!

I went lookin' for a Springfield Armory M1A or maybe a good M1 Garand, an AK47 and a Ruger LCP with the CTC laser grips.

There were no M1A's and no LCP's with the laser grips (only two LCP's in the whole show). The AK's were pure junk (one had nasty Dremel marks on the bolt where someone had done some gentle smithing on it. There was a beautiful M1 Garand with blond furniture that had what appeared to be a new Parkerized finish on all the metal, but the fella wanted $1875 for it.

It was a fun hour wanderin' thru the show, hoping to turn something up, but all-in-all a wasted afternoon. Oh, well......

OK!! I know y'all been waitin' with bated breath (whatever that is!?), to see what I bought at the great Winchester, Tennessee gun show. What kind o' show was it and what did Bama Red buy?

I went lookin' for a Springfield Armory M1A or maybe a good M1 Garand, an AK47 and a Ruger LCP with the CTC laser grips.

There were no M1A's and no LCP's with the laser grips (only two LCP's in the whole show). The AK's were pure junk (one had nasty Dremel marks on the bolt where someone had done some gentle smithing on it. There was a beautiful M1 Garand with blond furniture that had what appeared to be a new Parkerized finish on all the metal, but the fella wanted $1875 for it.

It was a fun hour wanderin' thru the show, hoping to turn something up, but all-in-all a wasted afternoon. Oh, well......

BR, the local gunshop just got three AK47s in recently. They're new manufacture...I can check Monday and see what he has, if you're interested.

Red, sent you a PM.

OK!! I know y'all been waitin' with bated breath (whatever that is!?),

"Bated", a contraction of "abated"...refers to holding your breath in anticipation of an event or statement.... ;)

Also a WW2 Luftwaffe flare gun for 125.00, the double barrel variety. MT

That sounds like something I would buy. Never can tell when you might need to signal the Luftwaffe. Can you load that thing with black powder?

That sounds like something I would buy. Never can tell when you might need to signal the Luftwaffe. Can you load that thing with black powder?

It goes into my collection, I already had a single barrel. Guy didn't really know what he had. I was plain lucky. MT

BLB,

Silverdollar Don is coming over tomorrow and we will be making our plans to head out to Alabama on Friday. What time are you leaving? I am as excited as a kid with a new toy. Well, I do have a new toy. :D Look out Ala. here we come.

The women and girls need to be put in the basement and hidden away this coming F/S/S for safeties sake!!!! <_<

OKB, ya beat me to it!!

Lawman, I'd appreciate you takin' a look at them when your schedule allows. In all likliehood, they are Century Arms, and immediately suspect based on that fact alone. Century is known for problems with canted front sights, mag well discrepancies, causing feed problems and bad triggers which need replacement by the customer immediately (hell of a trigger slap problem). If they come from another importer, they may very well be worth taking a look at.

CC,Glad you're feeling better,looking forward to seeing yall this weekend.My daughter is tickled to death about her new rig.Made the mistake and showed her the pictures of them.I'll be there saturday & sunday to help out. Don't know if i'm gonna shoot,got a torn ro-tater cup in my shoulder. Doc's gonna operate the 2nd week of april,hope to get it re-habbed by may for members only .Yall have a safe trip and tell SDD to keep your side on the road. LSC

LSC,

You have a lot of cowboy'n to do so go get that shoulder fixed. If'n I were you I would proudly show those prom pictures you sent to me so all these folks could see what a beautiful cowgirl you have (who by the way is seeking a SASS scholarship). She has my 25 votes. (oh! you say, I'm only suppose to vote only-once?)

We will be headed out to Ala. Friday morn.

CC,Glad you're feeling better,looking forward to seeing yall this weekend.My daughter is tickled to death about her new rig.Made the mistake and showed her the pictures of them.I'll be there saturday & sunday to help out. Don't know if i'm gonna shoot,got a torn ro-tater cup in my shoulder. Doc's gonna operate the 2nd week of april,hope to get it re-habbed by may for members only .Yall have a safe trip and tell SDD to keep your side on the road. LSC

LSC, be sure that you follow directions of the doctor and do the PT. They are a PITA but ain't nuttin to take lightly.

Asides, Cherokee Charlie needs all the competition he can get.

Archived