SASS Wire Forum

Ambush 2011

Yep, the claymore oughta do nicely. :rolleyes:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LMM you nailed it on the head,.. overkill is good, but I didn't have any luck last night. I was called off the hunt cause some Oklahoma boy's who are students this week were celabrating passing a test and HPD asked if I would come and take them to the motel.

LMM you nailed it on the head,.. overkill is good, but I didn't have any luck last night. I was called off the hunt cause some Oklahoma boy's who are students this week were celabrating passing a test and HPD asked if I would come and take them to the motel.

You're implying there are Oklahoma natives that can't hold their liquor...I don't believe it. Must have been some Texans what immigrated north of the border :rolleyes:

Well to be fair there were a couple of Col. LEO's along with 2 from California in the group. I got them all back to the motel and tucked in. Ther were some miserable folks getting off the bus this morning.

Maybe tonight I can go back to hunting the elusive "albino mephitis" ( skunk for the amateurs). Di saw him last night and he was pretty and the white fur would make a good looking hat. I just want him gone before he spray's one of the cat's or dog.

Birdgun are you feeling better??

Maybe tonight I can go back to hunting the elusive "albino mephitis" ( skunk for the amateurs). Di saw him last night and he was pretty and the white fur would make a good looking hat. I just want him gone before he spray's one of the cat's or dog.

Birdgun are you feeling better??

I am feeling somewhat better. Thanks for askin'.

You reckon the albino mephitis you're hunting was at that bluegrass last week? Hairtrigger, are you a bluegrass music hater?

http://www.albinoskunk.com/

You sir are a wealth of information!!! Who would have thunk, A skunk Bluegrass fest. I like the music hate the critters.

You sir are a wealth of information!!! Who would have thunk, A skunk Bluegrass fest. I like the music hate the critters.

Not just a skunk Bluegrass fest, but an Albino Skunk Bluegrass Fest. Amazing what you'll find when you Google "Albino Skunk."

wanna put in a plug for Uncle Charlie's 8 stage .22 match for Ambush next year...

...and as for side matches:

CC's .22 challenge is good - only next year give 2 1st place awards, 1 to the first time up shooter with no practice that day, and the 2nd first place award to the shooter who bought it.

...can we have a derringer and pocket pistol side match?

...and let's not forget the Wild Bunch Match!

wanna put in a plug for Uncle Charlie's 8 stage .22 match for Ambush next year...

...and as for side matches:

CC's .22 challenge is good - only next year give 2 1st place awards, 1 to the first time up shooter with no practice that day, and the 2nd first place award to the shooter who bought it.

...can we have a derringer and pocket pistol side match?

...and let's not forget the Wild Bunch Match!

OKB, I believe that would be Uncle Frank's 8 stage .22 match. I also give that one a two thumbs up. :D

I'm just now getting up to speed on this Wild Bunch thing. It's gonna take me a little time to work the bugs out.......but I'm working on it. :rolleyes:

Like you said OKB. It will happen.

Charlie, I'm glad your leetle stud bull found his way home. His leetle brother has settled in here and is making himself at home! :P

HTF, make sure that when you set that claymore out, that you get Di to read it for ya, so you get it pointed the right way! :D:rolleyes:

Bama I can see close up it's the distance thats driving me nut's. Still fighting the little critter. Found his hole in the ground and blew it to &*LL now I have to wait to see if he made it thru.

Bama I can see close up it's the distance thats driving me nut's. Still fighting the little critter. Found his hole in the ground and blew it to &*LL now I have to wait to see if he made it thru.

Ahhh, not to intrude on the conversation here, but HTF, would that not preclude making a hat from said critter?

On the other hand, I am not certain that I would want to wear a hat made from a skunk, in polite society.

But then I have never been extended an invitation to join polite society.

Polite Society?? Can't say I was ever invited either. As fer the hat If he survived I agree won't be much left.

Was your name Carl Spackler in a previous life, and why does that remind me of this movie clip?

LMM it wasn't that good ,but close. DI was afraid I was going to break something,( windows in her sewing room), but I used finesse, no worries.

LMM it wasn't that good ,but close. DI was afraid I was going to break something,( windows in her sewing room), but I used finesse, no worries.

...shape charge?

this is the only Ruger .22 I have. Can I use it?

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk200/R...ps/DSCN0001.jpg

At Uncle Frank's monthly shoots that would be eligible to participate in the open category. Or you could take the red dot scope off and use it in the modern category with steel sights.

Used to have one of those...great pistols. Wish I hadn't traded it off, but what can you do when someone offers you a nearly mint 1949 Colt Officer's Target Model .22 and a hundred dollars for a bare Ruger pistol?

this is the only Ruger .22 I have. Can I use it?

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk200/R...ps/DSCN0001.jpg

:D:P:FlagAm:

yes like lawman mark said .you also need a rifle. this is all right for monthly matches.

ambush match traditional only 2 single action pistols & lever or pump action rifle with exposed hammer. :rolleyes:

Going up to Cartersville tommorrow to the Booth Museum where they have the yearly cowboy thing. I don't know exactly what they call it but it's like a cowboy fair. It's just another excuse to dress up and wear guns and look like a cowboy. Went last year and really had a good time.

OKB, I have almost got you finished.

Now let me tell ya'll about my kind of luck. I bought a Mec 600 Jr. from a person off GON (Ga. Outdoor News) and he didn't package it very well at all nor did he insure it and the P.O. knew this and those *#@ds delivered this box to me and left it in my carport with the base sticking trough one end and the press arm through the other and the box was in three pieces. The top where the bottles screw on was destroyed. The P.O. claims no responsiblilty whatsoever and Miss Carol erased my e-mails with the man's name, ph.# and address. No, don't ask, the torn up box was missing the return address. If I were not the gentleman that I am I would take this reloader tomorrow morning to the post office and ask for the lady (yea, right) that I talked to today and I would personally deliver this mec 600 Jr. to her office. I won't say how.

he P.O. claims no responsiblilty whatsoever and Miss Carol erased my e-mails with the man's name, ph.# and address.

Charlie, Bellsouth gives you up to 4 email addresses free. You can each have your own. That's the way we do it. My emails is separate from Bea Itchin's and Shootin' Kraps.

...CC, it ain't just your Post Office lady, I believe her evil twin is at our Post Office.... :rolleyes:

Bob, no the little #%^&*())(_))+ has nine lives. I didn't see him last night but Di did. So I will try again tonight. He will be history before Monday morning. To confound matters he has been joined by a possum. Both are " Dead critters Walking".

Bob, no the little #%^&*())(_))+ has nine lives. I didn't see him last night but Di did. So I will try again tonight. He will be history before Monday morning. To confound matters he has been joined by a possum. Both are " Dead critters Walking".

Ok HTF, you're scaring me now. I'm getting a mental picture of you in your workshop, moulding bunnies, 'possums and squirrels out of C4 explosives, while humming "The Balled of The Green Beret". All while an albino skunks peers in through the open door.. :P and I hear you say, "I have to laugh, because I've outsmarted even myself. My enemy, my foe, is an animal. In order to conquer the animal, I have to learn to think like an animal. And, whenever possible, to look like one. I've gotta get inside this guy's pelt and crawl around for a few days." :rolleyes::D

My enemy, my foe, is an animal. In order to conquer the animal, I have to learn to think like an animal. And, whenever possible, to look like one. I've gotta get inside this guy's pelt and crawl around for a few days." :rolleyes::D

LMM, judging by this, I think he's already inside some critter's skin! :P

"The Animal"

No, I think this is the one Bama. It's like HTF took on another life.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/c42...f8/IMG_0621.jpg

OH NO! Look what was discovered in the archives of the Alabama aboriginal ancestrial archives which had been lost for over a 1000 years. Note the astounding resemblance to someone we know. You don't suppose? Naw, no way. I couldn't be.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c129/c42r537c72f8/HTF.jpg

...now back to the pre-game activities before 2011 Ambush:

We have:

1. The Wednesday evening feast

2. Uncle Frank's 8 stage .22 match

3. Wild Bunch 3 stage

4. CC's .22 challenge

5. fastest pistol, rifle, shotgun, 3 gun

6. derringer

7. pocket pistol

8. secret stage

Whar's Andrew Quigley, this is 'is job!!!!

Archived