SASS Wire Forum

portable shower use

Outhouses are plentiful in town and in the camping area. This being the 21st century they are plastic and equipped with rolls of paper instead of corn cobs. I don't know if portable showers are allowed - inquire with SASS headquarters. Tent campers at past EOTs report that the showers at nearby truck stops are a good option.

Grey water from campers can't be discharged onto the ground at Founders Ranch. Water from a portable shower might easily run onto your neighbor's campsite (campsites are pretty tightly packed in). So, that probably eliminates the use of portable showers. But, you can check with the SASS Office for the official word.

Good luck, GJ

• 3 months later...

An idea for you would be to get a large plastic pan, like a little kid's pool to collect the water from your shower and then just let it evaporate. It works as long as its warm to evaporate the water. As for the privacy issue I suppose anything to hide you works!

In my RV for dry camping, I take a sun shower, fill it up with 2 gallons, leave it in the sun, and take into the shower. Saves a bunch of H2O

• 3 months later...

We always went to the HIDDEN VALLEY RV PARK just down the hill towards Albuquerque...off the old hightway, GREAT facilities and great folks. They have full hook-ups, and you can top of yer water tanks as well, as the water trucks at EOT are hit or miss AT BEST. :ph34r:

AS to the outside shower deally, as long as it's not so much water that it gets into others sites, or diesn't just evaporate quickly, I don't see why it would be an issue. They just don't want any grey water being discharged from trailers/rv's other than inconsequnetial "spillage".

Well There is more than one way to bathe when camping. If you go to camping or outdoors stores you can sometimes find these bathing towels. They're like wetnaps, just bigger. And if you can't find anything else they do an alright job of it. I've used them on long camping trips before.

• 2 weeks later...

We always went to the HIDDEN VALLEY RV PARK just down the hill towards Albuquerque...off the old hightway, GREAT facilities and great folks. They have full hook-ups, and you can top of yer water tanks as well, as the water trucks at EOT are hit or miss AT BEST. :ph34r:

AS to the outside shower deally, as long as it's not so much water that it gets into others sites, or diesn't just evaporate quickly, I don't see why it would be an issue. They just don't want any grey water being discharged from trailers/rv's other than inconsequnetial "spillage".

LJH, Inconsequnetial spillage......I like that. It seems to happen a lot too. See ya soon. bb

Ain't so much a matter of what the Wild Bunch wants, it's a little matter of the county regulations for waste water discharge. If you are gonna do it, discuss it with the SASS folks. So we don't get the great shooting facility that Founders Ranch is, locked up in some sort of silly legal battle.

Good luck, GJ

Archived