SASS Wire Forum

Winter Range 2011 Applications are Online

Howdy Folks,

The Winter Range 2011 Applications are now available at www.winterrange.com. Applications will also be mailed via U.S. Mail this week to those on our mailing list.

This year is going to be a must-attend event for at least three reasons:

1. We will be celebrating our 20th Anniversary of Winter Range including a give-away of a pair of Ruger SASS Vaqueros to some lucky shooter. Every action shooter will be entered in the drawing.

2. We are proud to host the first SASS National Wild Bunch Championship. The Wild Bunch match will consist of 12 stages with 6 stages on Tuesday February 22 and 6 stages on Wednesday February 23, 2011.

3. And we are also now the proud hosts for the SASS Western National Championship of Cowboy Mounted Shooting.

We are looking forward to seeing you at Winter Range 2011!

Lt Col Scratch

Winter Range Vice President

Hello Lt Col Scratch and all of the WR Board. The Ghosts are shooters #96 and #97 and are really looking farward to Winter Range. I hope you will not mind if I encourage other cowboys and cowgirls to sign up for WR and shoot the Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl catagory and be eligible for the "2011 Classic Cowboy Shootist Award". The Ghosts are very excited about WR this year and plan to see ya soon!

Ghost

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will be our 13th year at Winter Range from Pittsburgh, PA. I hope we are blessed with the opportunity to enjoy many, many more years at this match.

Up to now, I would drive out to Phoenix (30 hours, one way), and pick up my wife, (Appalachia Annie), who would fly out to Phoenix. We would shoot the match, and visit family in Prescott. I'd drop Annie off at the airport to fly home (She had a day job), and I'd drive back to Pittsburgh.

This year is very different. Annie retired. We'll be driving out to AZ together and driving back. However, we need to be back by March 3rd to play a Cajun Mardi Gras dance on March 5th, see: http://grandbonrien.com/

It's a great life. B)B)B):wacko:

Chicken Coop

One of the finest shoots one can make. I wouldn't want to miss it. Lots of fine ladies and gents do a heep of hard work so the shooters will have a great experience. Think this will be #12 in a row for me. Get those entries in the mail.

bb

Hello Lt Col Scratch and all of the WR Board. The Ghosts are shooters #96 and #97 and are really looking farward to Winter Range. I hope you will not mind if I encourage other cowboys and cowgirls to sign up for WR and shoot the Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl catagory and be eligible for the "2011 Classic Cowboy Shootist Award". The Ghosts are very excited about WR this year and plan to see ya soon!

Ghost

How does one know one's "shooter number?" Nothing on our acknowledgment letters and I don't see it on the web-site, either.

Muchas gracias,

eGG

How does one know one's "shooter number?" Nothing on our acknowledgment letters and I don't see it on the web-site, either.

Muchas gracias,

eGG

My acknowledgment letter starts.

Thank you for registering for Winter Range 2011...................You are signed up for the main action match as shooter number 228 and catagory Silver Senior.......

Just a note for those of you who are TARDY in signing up for Winter Range. The Wild Bunch Natl. Championship match is SOLD OUT. Pea Patch has started a waiting list in case someone doesn't show. You might want to contact her direct if you want to shoot WB and see how long the waiting list is and how they are handling entry fees. In behalf of the Wild Bunch Committee, THANK YOU for supporting this match.

My acknowledgment letter starts.

Thank you for registering for Winter Range 2011...................You are signed up for the main action match as shooter number 228 and catagory Silver Senior.......

Well, if you are going to READ the TEXT of the letter....... :FlagAm:

Think I'll wander back to the Saloon for a couple more beers.

Muchas gracias, amigo!

eGG

Col. Scratch: Will that new Saloon Permanent Stagefront that they're building on Bay 1 be ready in time for WR?

God willing and the creek don't rise. The framing crews are framing today.

Scratch

Archived